[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Weapon Preference

Weapon Preference

Information about gear drops and quests, including Epics; also gear checks.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Weapon Preference

Postby Thessiuss » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:42 pm

Ok, i have both the and the . I'm using the Aug but i'm curious as to which one would be better to use on a full burn (7th, glyph, IJ, 2nd, HF, CoP, etc). Also, how do you determine the damage ratio to a weapon? Do you count the extra Dmg on the weapon as part of the overall ratio?

SEA = 5.111 without the "Corrupt Dmg" (184/36) ... 5.167 with (186/36)
CSP = 4.806 without (149/31)... 4.935 with (153/31)

The SEA has a better ratio, but about 75 less attack (and i have no clue how much that affects the total DPS outcome).

I've also heard that it's better to use quicker weapons on burns because you get more chances to Crit, increasing the efficiency of the weapon. I've also heard to just stick to the ratio because the speed doesn't matter. I've looked around the website and couldn't find anything so i was wondering your guys' input. I'll try messing around with parses but mine usually aren't very consistant.
Thessiuss

Paladin Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box
Bard - Alt/Box

Re: Weapon Preference

Postby Luthair » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:22 pm

Subjugators, no question. As a rule of thumb take the weapon with the best dmg/dly.
Luthair

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main
Berserker - Alt/Box
Rogue - Alt/Box

Postby Thessiuss » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:36 pm

Thanks for the input, that was kindof my thoughts. However, with the ratio, do you count the corrupt Dmg as a determining part of the overall ratio? or just the base dmg?
Thessiuss

Paladin Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby Normy » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:06 am

Anything extra damage like that, be it corruption, fire, ice, ect, is basically damage that can be resisted. So for the most part alot of times I wouldn't pay alot of attention to it, 1 corruption damage does not equal 1 damage. I don't know if there is any rough formula for how much of a certain type of damage would be needed to be equal to actual weapon damage.
Normy Truhart
"Wield your sword with full knowledge of the consequences."
Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Postby varutia » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:20 am

When the ratio is fairly close, the faster one can deal more dps, even if it is slightly lower damage/delay ratio. In this particular case, I think the axe will win out easily. Elemental damage get count about half what it rates, corrupt slightly more as it is resisted less. 75 attack is more or less meaning less at this stage as well.

Faster weapon get more benefit out of things like damage aug, heroic strength etc. Slower weapon for Paladins facilitates casting which is very important as very significant part of our burn is spell based now, this also need to be taken into consideration when comparing weapons.
varutia

Server: Bertoxxulous

Paladin Main

Postby riou » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:59 am

riou

Server: The Rathe

Paladin Main
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:14 am

Prismatic is much MUCH worse than Chromatic. They aren't similar at all. Prismatic is worse even than single-element +damage.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Aragir Lancot » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:18 pm

Just to be sure I understand,

Prismatic - checks average of all resists of the target

Chromatic - checks against lowest resist of the target

Is that correct?
Aragir Lancot

Postby Brohg » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:18 pm

That's correct. As a caveat, though, both of those ignore corruption.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Return to Equipment & Loot