[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Switching Accounts

Switching Accounts

UIs, Macros, Hotkeys, Parsing, Hardware and other sundry discussion about how the game is played.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

Switching Accounts

Postby Harlan » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:36 pm

*Back in my day...* it used to be that you could cancel out of the server select screen and change users without going through the patcher. In fact, one could use "/camp server" to get right to the server select screen. Now, every time I try to cancel out of my server select screen the entire application closes and I have to restart things. Is there some way I can configure things so that I can switch account?

Also, while I've got people helping with settings, I've set my filters to spells group and yet I still get the damage of necros from their liche forms.

How do I set "/hidecorpse looted" to be the default?

Thanks,

Harl
Harlan

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box

Re: Switching Accounts

Postby Brohg » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:55 pm

To skip the patcher, make a copy of your EQ shortcut and in Properties change the target of that shortcut to:

"C:\Program Files\Sony\Everquest\eqgame.exe" patchme

with the quotations.

There is no way to set /hidec looted as default
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby AbyssalMage » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:05 pm

AbyssalMage

Beastlord Main
Cleric - Alt/Box
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby Normy » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:50 am

Spell damage and where it goes in chat windows has been borked about as long as pally DPS. I can get spell messages to go through any chat window I want, but spell damage will ONLY go through the "main chat" window for some reason. And if I have any spell messages on at all, I always get their (necro/sk self dots) stupid messages constantly.

The only way I deal with it is I have my "main chat" window as my BS window, I minimize it and forget it. Anything I actually want to see goes to one of my 5 other chat windows. That means I never get to see my own spell damage, but thats what you get with a broken game. Order of operations at Sony = disgruntle customers > cater to the loudest poster > new expansions > Larry from HR's birthday party > fixing their product.
Normy Truhart
"Wield your sword with full knowledge of the consequences."
Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Postby Brohg » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:07 pm

Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Normy » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:20 pm

True, you will crash your client if you unminimize it after lots of spam, because it attempts to sorta 'catch up' the chat window and it usually just freezes up with that much data.

So use minimize at your own risk, or resizing the window works fine. Same concept, but with a window resized you have to click and drag to crash your client instead of accidentally clicking a button. I generally use minimize but I hide the main window behind another UI piece so I never have that risk.
Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Return to Game Mechanics