[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Mana and me

Mana and me

General Discussion for the EverQuest Paladin.

Moderator: Paladin Mods

Mana and me

Postby leraz » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:06 pm

I am wondering if anyone has any advice on how to stop me burning through my mana!.
Granted, this is due to me chaining stuns and nukes a fair bit, the odd heal here and there, then pulling, rinsing and repeating. I realise there is little time to actually med mana...

I have all the gift of mana line done, and spell casting mastery, obvs, but I am wondering how much of a difference, the mana regen AA's would make, and also if there is anything else to help with a Pally's mana pool!

My mana pool generally just under 40k at level 91. My combat mana regen reads 138, with 511 clairvoyance. Does this stack up okay? I'm a casual group player, Mainly VoA T1 equipped.

Thanks in advance!
leraz

Paladin Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Re: Mana and me

Postby riou » Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:05 pm

They do extend it some, but you will have mana issues regardless, Hybrids got boned from VoA in terms of mana issues
riou

Server: The Rathe

Paladin Main
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby shiftie » Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:07 pm

do the underfoot shawl 2.0 quest and choose the priest version, make use of yaulp when at the appropritate level, get the regen aa's (they do make a diff as they add to your standing regen), try to keep a soothing breath click, chanter version of mana regen and beast version up. If grouped with a mage use massive amounts of mod rods, if with a cleric get them to use quite miracle on you, if with a beastlord get them to use focused paragon of spirit on you occasionally, if with a necro get them to use the mind wrack line, if with a chanter make sure they are using 2nd spire and robe clicks and potentially keep their mana regen aura up, if with a bard have them sing mana regen as well as keep their mana regen aura up.

Self sustaining mana is rough. You can use the nukes you have with a lower mana cost to fire gift of mana as stuns will not. You can buy mastery of the past which will cover up to like the last expansions spells and then use older spells so that you never fizzle and lose mana there. When you get a gift of mana proc instead of using a direct heal you can use aurora as it does not eat gift of mana, likewise don't use a stun following a gift of mana proc as they only cost 100 mana and it wastes the proc (set up an audio trigger or something) When gift of mana does proc use a twinheal nuke so that your next heal gets 2x the oomph or use a heal like denouncement so you get dps and healing. Use force of disruption instead of disruptive persecution as DP has a 450 mana cost and FoD is mana free. If you are pulling don't use pacify to split mobs it is way too mana intense, instead use shackles of tunare (purchase the AA) and fade, or divine call and fade.

The devs messed up and didn't give hybrids SCM 4 as Riou suggested it was a mistake.

Mana issues are the #1 problem for the paladin class in my opinion at the end game. If actively played the class just hemorrhages mana, it is quite ridiculous.

is what I do when I'm not raiding
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:17 am

Caster shawl > priest version, for mana. Both have +mana on the proc, but with different add-ons. Priest adds some healing, caster has a buff that adds damage if you nuke, but adds mana again if you don't nuke.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby shiftie » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:09 pm

considering paladins spam nukes ...

Also are you really going to try and tell me that I'm wrong about what shawl is best for paladins?
shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby leraz » Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:50 am

Thanks for the advice! I do what I can, I box a necro and keep his latest in the Mind Wrack line on when it refreshes, and twitch when i'm medding..

I spamming nukes is the best way to get good sustained dps that i've found, but I guess it means you've got to med up a fair bit really..

Setting an audio trigger for gift of mana was a good idea too, makes the most of it that way, i'll multibind my more mana intensive nukes on one key and those that cost less on another perhaps.

Unfortunately the shawl is a bit beyond my capabilities and playtimes. shame.

Its good to know it's not just me with mana issues :P
leraz

Paladin Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby riou » Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:24 pm

Shawl is different now since they nerfed the Healer one to require same mana cost as the Caster one, you basically get to decide between 50 more mana per proc, or 600 more dmg on your nukes :P (or 150 more mana if you are unable to nuke within 1 tick for whatever reason), I haven't done the maths, but you could min/max them post nerf if you look at a like mana cost per second vs nuke damage per mana and see which bonus comes out ahead :P (basically will 50 more mana per proc give you enough casts of nukes that offsets the 600 boost on nukes) atleast in a DPS role

Also if you are playing heal bot the Caster one should be better as heals shouldn't eat the buff that gives 250 mana on top of 250 base to boost mana further
riou

Server: The Rathe

Paladin Main
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby shiftie » Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:47 pm

shiftie

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Return to Crusaders' Warhall