[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Shaman 2.0 with 2box + mercs?

Shaman 2.0 with 2box + mercs?

Information about gear drops and quests, including Epics; also gear checks.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

Shaman 2.0 with 2box + mercs?

Postby norik » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:09 pm

I was wondering how doable it would be to get my pocket shaman his 2.0? Mostly for the clickie.

I'd be doing it with my ranger and my shammy, + mercs (and maybe a mage +merc once f2p starts).

Is it particularly doable? or just plain not worth the hassle?

TIA

EDIT~ I meant to say that at the moment he doesn't even have his Epic 1.0, so I'd have to start with the 1.5 Prequest.
and
norik

Ranger Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Re: Shaman 2.0 with 2box + mercs?

Postby Brohg » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:00 am

With the characters linked in your .sig? easy. And VERY worth it
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby norik » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:13 pm

Thanks for that, but I realised while having a quick read of Alla's walkthrough that I would need to hit Anguish.
I take it no mercs are allowed? Because tbh, I haven't used Henlan as a healer since mercs came out and I imagine I'd suck at it now adays.

Or have I missed something?
norik

Ranger Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby ariowen » Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:49 pm

You are correct, no mercs for Anguish zone. I did it late last year, before VoA launched, for my alt bard's 2.0 orb with my ranger main/cleric/shaman bots. I used the ranger simply because of the dps output, about 3 to 4 times the dps output as the bard had at that time. You will need a full group of 6 to be able to get the expedition. Well, at least I needed a full group of 6 non-merc toons, as it would not let me get the exped with just my 3 group.

Even with the toons in your sig it should be rather easy to do as the trash mobs do not hit too hard and shaman counterbia slow with the hot recourse and a few direct heals will take care of trash healing. I did Ture/Hanvar combo for the orb, hot/renewal with a direct heal/radient cure aa every so often from cleric and Ture went down easy. Ture didn't hit too hard so I didn't even try to slow him, only thing I did with shaman was to hit radient cure aa to rid the bots of the dots when the cleric's aa was down. Hanvar was a bit harder due to the adds, but still very doable. Just make sure on Hanvar that you grab the adds as they come and keep agro on you so they don't go to the shaman. Keep hot/shaman promised up on ranger, dot hanvar when you can with your shaman as it takes a long time to dps him down with just the ranger due to his very high regen if you don't. Once Hanvar was down, I switched over to the bard (same account as the ranger) added to exped and came in to loot the orb.

If you could find another healer (druid/cleric/shaman) to come help you, it would go faster I think. that way you won't have to worry too much on healing with the bot and can concentrate on dps.

ariowen

Ranger Main
Cleric - Alt/Box
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby norik » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:26 pm

Thanks for the advice Ariowen, I think I might go for it once I have a few more levels on Norik and Henlan.

On the healing front, I'm sort of considering switching Henlan to a Melee DPS merc, and seeing how I get using him as my healer, I can only fail /shrug.

In the mean time, is there an item with a similar, but not as good, clickie to the 2.0?

Cheers.
norik

Ranger Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Sowslow » Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:46 pm

Sowslow

Server: The Rathe -> Quellious -> Povar

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby norik » Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:39 pm

norik

Ranger Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby norik » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:21 am

I've had a quick read of the 1.5 quest (and prequest) and it looks suprisingly doable, there are some time sinks but i think it'd be ok.
The skill 100 in achemy could be a pita, Plane of Sky could be fun as i haven't been there since it was an actual raid target (Henlan would have to get keys), I think I will do it once I've got Noik upto 95.
norik

Ranger Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:10 pm

100 skill in Alchemy is 20 min. 15 min of which just sorting through the dozen vendors in PoK's tiny alchemy room.

If you're seriously on a roll with exp then keep at it? But time spent on the 2.0 isn't wasted. The Ruchu damage boost 1 minute out of every 3 is pretty effin' super.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby norik » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:57 pm

The 2.0 will be beyond me for now, mostly because of the Anguish orb, but I do think I will work on the 1.5.

I think the Anguish Orb will wait until Norik/Henlan are 95/94, just because of the healing without a Merc thing.

Glad to hear alchemy isn't an issue though.
norik

Ranger Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby norik » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:43 am

Just reading about the Anguish mobs Ture and Hanvar, with the eye to 2 boxing.

With my 2box team Ture reads pretty much like a straight fight, pull the ranger fights and maintains agro while the shaman heals and slows.

Hanvar reads slightly more complicated, however would it be possible to agro Hanvar with my Ranger to start the scrip off, but then get CoHed (I have a mage on an old account that may see the light of day with F2P) to drop agro, then single pull the adds out as the pop in their groups of 5? I believe they pop on a timer not as Hanvars HP drops.

Would this work?
norik

Ranger Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby ariowen » Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:45 am

If I recall correctly the adds are linked and will come once argo is reestablished, but not certain. If they don't come you will probably have double mobs on the 2nd wave. Also, as you kill the adds, the next waves will be staggered by the times you kill the first wave. My suggestion is to get the shaman in place at the end of the corridor past hanvar's room, then just deal with the initial adds when they all come. Just make sure you cycle through all the adds to ensure that you have melee/spell agro on them so they don't go for the shaman while healing. Once the initial adds are handled, the remaining waves are timed if I recall but as I said in my earlier post, just grab each as they come, burn them down and back on hanvar. Once all the add waves are done, hanvar is cake, granted a slow kill with just ranger to dps, but at the start pop some short refresh aa to up your dps and they should be up again to pop again. hot/heal pots, guardian, group guardian will also help with the healing and while those are running, dot like mad with the shaman. Again, if you can get another priest type to do this with you, you can let them heal and just do dps with the shaman. Keep the 3 descending wave heal going (forget the voa name), hot and shaman promised and healing agro shouldn't be an issue, especially if you use pots and the guardian aa.

I also seem to recall that hanvar was a bitch to get slowed, but still cast whatever counterbias you have for the hot recourse, canni like mad, dot like mad when you can and I am sure you can do it with just the two, especially at 94 or 95.
ariowen

Ranger Main
Cleric - Alt/Box
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:04 am

Both Ture and Hanvar are very hard to slow without enc+bard to debuff MR on top of shm. Luckily, they're both a big ol' wimps. Pull em, kill em. On Hanvar, kill the adds as they add. When it comes time to kill Hanvar himself, the shaman's poison dots will stick without resists to help beat his regen.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Lenil » Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:56 am

I did anguish about 6 months ago with 10 (I think) level 90's. They were mostly HoT group geared. Healing was a joke. Group hot will be more than enough. The only issue is curing the DT on ture. We didn't need the 10. It made the trash clear very quick. Jelvan might be an issue with 6 - we had no problems with the 10. For hanvar, just grab aggro with the tank on the adds as they come though it doesn't really matter - I was dotting them on incoming and I had no trouble tanking whatever aggroed on me.

Give it a shot and see how the first boss goes. You might be surprised.

I must point out that we stopped at hanvar - we didn't try amv.
Lenil

Postby Zonykies » Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:24 pm

Don't sell yourself so short. I 3-boxed the entire zone at 85 in T1(ish) HoT gear. After wringing my hands over and over, I decided to just try. Jelvin was a simple corner tank, RGC once in a while and heal through - left the pit alone. I was so surprised at the ease, I continued all the way to the end. The hardest fight for me was actually the 3 guys in the pit. Once kept getting OOR from the war and wound thump the bard to interrupt his melody.

My group at the time (from memory):
Warrior, 85, 2k AA, SoD tower gear, group weapon
Bard, 85, 1k AA, T1 HoT gear, epic 1.5
Sham, 85, 1k AA, T1 HoT gear, no epic

All toons were fully "lobby" buffed at start, total time was ~3hours. On trash, I tossed a HoT and sloth (for level), ran down the halls to collect 6-10 mobs, cornered, ran up bard and sham. By that time, war could use a refresh on HoT or a patch heal, AE slow, bard does his funky thing. Repeat to next group until ready for named.

Hanvar was ... annoying. I got bard slow to land one time after bard debuff + malo (highest unresistible) + tash click from OMM. Sham never landed a slow - not AA, not counter bias, not regular, not nothing. His DPS was trivial so after 2 min of trying to slow again, just said meh, work on killin.

While I think you could do it, it would be slow with your 2-box. On my server (BB), you can usually get a couple to come along by announcing in general channel.

Good luck!

Bard: Pickangrin
Shaman: Zonykies
Zonykies

Warrior Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Ladas » Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:06 pm

Almost the exact same situation as you have Norik, and I just finished the 2.0 for my shaman about the time you posted your question, and there was at no point any risk of death in any of the Anguish fights. For Ture and Keldovan, Apathy + Guardian/Group + Shaman 1.5 was more than enough healing to withstand the damage taken.

Hanvar and the Jelvan event did require some additional healing from the shaman, primarily when the adds would all spawn on Hanvar and to offset the AEs from the Tormentors.
Ladas

Ranger Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Grozney » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:59 pm

For reference I just did shaman epic prequest-1.5-2.0 with 93 monk/87 sham combo. Monk is a mix of HOT T1-T4 gear, shaman is mostly defiant. Shaman solo/molo'd everything up until the 2.0. There forward monk tanked everything including Ture/Hanvar. I am pretty sure that the shaman didnt do anything but click the 1.5 and cast tiger for the 2 fights. I'm sure he could have done more but the damage output was very low on both, even with Hanvar's adds. 30 second mend was enough to keep monk alive through both fights, both mobs unslowed.
Grozney

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Return to Equipment & Loot