[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Dot order

Dot order

Spell, Spell Quest, Aura, Totem and AA discussion.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

Dot order

Postby Huurgh » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:38 pm

Is there a recommended order for dots during Root Rotting (RR)? During RR I have decay, canni spell and HOT memmed, the rest are dots.
Let me say that personally I am a casual player and I am not really conviced of the fast dots for RR. So is there a recommended way in which order I should stack my dots? Should I cast based on run duration? Reverse run duration?

How and why please.

Thanks in advance.

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." Robert A. Heinlein
Huurgh

Server: Antonius Bayle

Magician Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Re: Dot order

Postby Tordail » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:58 pm

My favorite root-rot spot is in City of Bronze, outside the city behind Sepulcher zone line. On the rare occasion I'm not there due to high zone population, I'll go to Pillars and kill around the zone line to Resplendent Temple. The zone is usually completely empty.

I tend to stack my DoTs in this way:

I pull with Poanag's, then cast these in this order:

Fast poison
Fast disease
Hoodoo
Hex
Mojo
Sholoth
Fast poison
Fast disease
Torment
Slitheren
Jaled'Dar
Kerafyrm
Fast poison
Fast disease
Any magic DoTs wearing off

... then rinse and repeat until mob dies.

I find the fast DoTs nice for root-rotting as intermittent DPS aids. They pack a decent punch and are nice to use as "fillers" while your more long-term DoTs are running. I generally use the above order because that's the order in which spells wear off for me. You may have a different experience depending on your foci.

Hope that helps.
Last edited by Tordail on Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~
Tordail

Veteran -

Server: Luclin

Shaman Main

Re: Dot order

Postby Brohg » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:00 pm

Should be able to drop the hot for another dot. Use epic & AAs (bear) & whatever to keep canni hp up.

You order the spells based on what gets you full run on everything, so it depends on the total damage you need to deal. If one run of all the dots is going to kill the monster, you stack em longest->shortest. If you need to repeat the short ones you put em on the front so that they get refreshed in the middle of the mob's hp, while the long & middle-duration ones are going. Overall the aim is to have highest dps in the middle of the fight, because the later that shifts, the more likely you're wasting damage off the dead end of killing, which reduces efficiency.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Return to Spells & Abilities