[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Need Help

Need Help

Spell, Spell Quest, Aura, Totem and AA discussion.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

Need Help

Postby Liaj » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:12 pm

Hi guys. I am doing research on the first AA's that would be considered "must haves" to try and make my guild boards more up to date. The class forums have long been neglected there and I am doing my best to fix that.

If you were given a max of 1000 AA points to spend, what would be your must haves for them?

I would appreciate any and all help. Thank you very much.

Liaj

Paladin Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box
Cleric - Alt/Box

Re: Need Help

Postby fendaann » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:51 pm

AA Recommendations
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=52

AA - Spell slots to max

I guess it depends on if your root rotting thoes AA's to survive and DPS better
if your inyour face tanking the TANK AA in general + shield block

AA's that open spell slots buy using the AA for the spell

have fun
fendaann

Server: Quellious - POVAR

Wizard Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby Sowslow » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:18 pm

wow didn't realize how little 1000 aa actually is but here is my thought:
Combat Agility 26 ranks
Combat Stability 26 ranks
Healing Adept 12 ranks
Healing Boon 15 ranks
Healing Gift 12 ranks
Radiant Cure 1 ranks
Spell Reinforcement 3 ranks
Ancestral Aid 9 ranks
Call of the Wild 1
Cannabalization 5 ranks
Spell Casting Reinforcement Mastery 1
Turgur Swarm 1
Silent Presence 1
Gift of Mana 3 ranks
Gift of Radiant Mana 1
Gift of Exquisite Radiant Mana 1
Gift of Amazing Exquisite Radiant Mana 1
Inconspicuous Totem 1
Pact of the Wolf 3 ranks
Focus of Arcanum 1
Virulent Paralysis 6 ranks

Think that is pretty close to 1000, but doesn't include dot aas which you might switch out some ranks of combat stability/agility for a few. Like Fen said, it does depend on what you plan on doing - solo. groups, box, raid, etc.
Sowslow

Server: The Rathe -> Quellious -> Povar

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Liaj » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:23 pm

Thanks guys, I appreciate the help!
Liaj

Paladin Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:15 am

My list would look somewhat different. In particular I don't think Ancestral Aid, Pact of the Wolf, Focus of Arcanum are worth AA points that early. You've left out Spell Casting Mastery (the most powerful AA any caster of spells can buy), the requisite 3 ranks of Mental Clarity to buy Cannibalization, Mnemonic Retention, Quick Buff AA, Fortified Intervention, and the last two ranks of Gift of Mana (that whole line is useless if not maxed). Silent Presence AA I think is only worth buying so early if as a prereq for Group Silent Presence, which I question in the face of Group Spirit Walk. I'll probably end up short on Combat Agi/Stabi ranks to get all this in, but it'll be a couple hours till I'm situated to load up TestEQ to break it down. Will edit then~

(editing. then.)

13 Innate Run Speed 5
3 Innate Metabolism 3
24 Natural Durability 6
75 Combat Stability 18
75 Combat Agility 18

21 Spell Casting Mastery 3
28 Spell Casting Reinforcement 5
2 Radiant Cure 1
18 Quick Buff 3
12 Mental Clarity 3
18 Gift of Mana 3
9 Gift of Radiant Mana
9 Gift of Exquisite Radiant Mana
9 Gift of Amazing Exquisite Radiant Mana
9 Gift of Dreamlike Exquisite Radiant Mana
12 Gift of Ascendant Exquisite Radiant Mana
21 Mnemonic Retention 3
74 Shield Block 9
111 Healing Adept 15
92 Healing Boon 12
113 Healing Gift 18

9 Call of the Wild
8 Hastened Call of the Wild 4
6 Quickened Call of the Wild 3
73 Cannibalization 6
30 Hastened Cannibalization 4
9 Fortified Intervention 3
12 Inconspicuous Totem 1
21 Turgur's Swarm 2
12 Malosinete 2
65 Virulent Paralysis 9
9 Spirit Walk
-----

major caveats: if I had em to spend, I couldn't make myself be this strictly focused on support. Even with the unreasonably one-note decision making represented, this character isn't as good at support activities as you really want a raiding shaman to be. The noob multiplier on AA earning extends much further than 1000 AA these days for a reason.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Zonykies » Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:44 pm

While the OP didn't state it, I suspect the 1k limit is for a F2P new shaman. The exp bonus doesn't matter when you are hard capped at 1k AA. These lists show how limiting that is going to be. You can focus on 1 thing and be kinda good or a really crappy generalist. Personally, I didn't take the GoM line until I broke 1500 AA. With canni and regen the way it is now, it just didn't matter to me in a casual group setting. For a raiding main, yeah, it would have come sooner.

Bard: Pickangrin
Shaman: Zonykies
Zonykies

Warrior Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:00 pm

I think recruiting Silver players to raid guilds would be pretty sketchy on more counts than their AA limitation :P They couldn't benefit from the gear or spells rewards, among other things.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Zonykies » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:15 pm

Zonykies

Warrior Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby WaringMcMarrin » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:48 pm

WaringMcMarrin

Veteran -

Server: The Tribunal(Ayonae Ro)

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:23 am

All existing characters will be able to be played, at least. So if someone very silly decided to let a paid sub lapse, they could still play with pre-F2P characters on prog/etc servers. Couldn't gain AA > 1000, couldn't use "premium" items, couldn't et al *OR* etc, but they could load up & Turg some mofos.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Liaj » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:47 pm

Thanks for the help guys. It has been awhile since I was here, but you all answered my questions perfectly, and yes it was in deference to some Silver players in our guild.
Liaj

Paladin Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Benedorf » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:28 pm

The old school raiding thinking for Shaman AA development was;

Healing AA's first
Extending Buffs (For us that is a real mana saver to not have to recast)
MGB
Canni

The game has changed and many AA's have been added.

Mystical Atunement and extra spell slots (Get as many buffs as you can and have as many spells up as possible)
Then old defensive AA's "Survivability ones"
MGB 1 (No need to waste on MGB 2 or Hasting MGB, Just get Tranquil Blessings and AE your buffs)
Group Invis
Group Spirit Walk
Benedorf

Server: Tribunal

Return to Spells & Abilities