[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Counterbias HoT nerf/bug?

Counterbias HoT nerf/bug?

Spell, Spell Quest, Aura, Totem and AA discussion.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

Counterbias HoT nerf/bug?

Postby Sordar-Cazic » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:29 pm

I posted about this on the main forum shaman board, but it seems like all counterbias HoTs are now healing for half of what they originally were. Since going in during UF, they've been pretty hefty HoTs. First one was 4k base 8k crit, mending counterbias was 5k/10k, and Renewing was 6k/12k. All of a sudden, Renewing rk 2 is ticking for a base of just over 3k.

Maybe this is an intended nerf, but shaman healing has been tuned off of those big numbers for 3 expansions now.

Edit: i don't remember seeing any patch notes on this, and haven't heard anyone else talking about it. I even sent a couple /tells out to other shm and they seemed surprised as well.
Sordar-Cazic

Shaman Main

Re: Counterbias HoT nerf/bug?

Postby Brohg » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:56 pm

There have been no changes to the spells themselves since they went live, but you're right that they healed for double their base value constantly.

From my bot's logs of yesteryear:

3466 being exactly double the spell's listed base of ""

This appears to have been fixed by December just past:

My activity has been spotty for some time, so I don't have before/after logs of exactly when the anomalous doubling ceased.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Sordar-Cazic » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:43 pm

Yeah, it always did double the listed amount (in the spell data) until now. At first, I thought that was a bug itself, but we were talking about it in UF beta, and nothing ever happened to it. So it went live that way, got done the SAME way for HoT AND VoA (at first), and so i assumed then that it was supposed to be that way. Now all of a sudden it's different. Since it was always doing double the listed value, it's hard to say what changed, or why it was doing double the listed value to begin with.

Edit: I PMed Aristo about it, but have not received an answer yet.
Sordar-Cazic

Shaman Main

Postby warador » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:15 pm

any news about this ? ive noticed a big difference on healing intensity in t3/t4 with half the healing from this now
warador

Shaman Main

Postby Sordar-Cazic » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:22 pm

I PMed Aristo on the EQ forums, but have heard nothing myself. I don't know if anyone who has better access to dev ears (Warring?, Tharkis?) has talked to anyone about the issue. I'm surprised how little people have been talking about it, tbh....one of our best heals was cut in half!
Sordar-Cazic

Shaman Main

Postby WaringMcMarrin » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:07 pm

I haven't heard anything on it but to me this sounds like a bug that was fixed since they should not be critting on every tick.

WaringMcMarrin

Veteran -

Server: The Tribunal(Ayonae Ro)

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Micker » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:12 pm

I don't consider a bug something that lasts over 2 expansions and was like that when they tuned the class this expansion. If it was a bug, our hots need a big bump up. If they fixed something, then at least say so. The fact they didnt mention or discuss a change makes me believe it was changed by accident.
Micker

Paladin Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby WaringMcMarrin » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:25 pm

WaringMcMarrin

Veteran -

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Sordar-Cazic » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:25 am

I certainly think it COULD be a bug-fix, but i'd like confirmation for sure. Plus, our healing numbers over the last 3 betas have been tuned around those old "broken" numbers.

It can't be that every tick was critting, because those "crits" could also crit at our normal rate. Somehow, the base ticks were always double what the spell data said it was, but i never knew why. I suspect it could have been a Twincast related bug, where the Counterbias HoT was coded to cast at twinheal values every time. Even though HoTs can't currently twinheal, they have the capability too, and back in UF beta, all HoTs were doing it for a while. Still, the large values were brought up in UF beta when the spell was introduced, and nothing ever happened....until now.

Personally, if this is intended, our Halcyon line should be the one to get boosted.
Sordar-Cazic

Shaman Main

Postby warador » Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:47 am

it wasnt criting every tick it was double what it is now before i was 6 k with 12 k crits now its 3 k with 6 k crits with mobs hitting for 15k a 3 k hot is about worthless. it was stated that the reason shaman didnt get crap this expansion is because there was no feedback and now one of our best heals gets nerfed and noone seems to care . we are trying to give feedback seems the devs dont listen or dont care
warador

Shaman Main

Postby WaringMcMarrin » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:07 pm

Well I don't know about you but I would consider it healing for double its base value (same result as a crit) that it was critting every tick and now that the spell is actually healing for what it was intended for its time to ask for it to be readjusted to the values it was getting tuned at before the change.
WaringMcMarrin

Veteran -

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Sordar-Cazic » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:16 pm

Sordar-Cazic

Shaman Main

Postby warador » Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:53 pm

i find it funny that we have established a problem and instead of seeing about a fix asking or argueing with devs we are argueing amongst ourselves. fact is that since this spell has been introduced it has always been like this now it isnt and it affects healing ability
warador

Shaman Main

Postby Lathdrinor » Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:38 pm

So we gave up on this one, huh? Shaman ST healing takes another hit...
Lathdrinor

Server: Test

Postby Brohg » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:02 pm

Who's "we"? What action have you ceased taking?
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Return to Spells & Abilities