[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Next AA pet, dots or dd

Next AA pet, dots or dd

Spell, Spell Quest, Aura, Totem and AA discussion.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

Next AA pet, dots or dd

Postby Shamx » Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:31 pm

Hail!

I am a returning player looking for some advice. I stopped playing full time around the SoD expansion. At that time I retired my long time cleric (bot, original main char) in exchange for a shaman with a cleric merc. I would occasionally reactivate temporarily to play and level up. The shaman is currently level 90 with around 2000 AA. The spent AA are primarily in healing, avoidance and utility, all maxed.

I am trying to decide what AA path to pursue next. Should it be DD, DOT or Pet focused? As a bot I think pet AA would be the best spent but I wanted to ask the experts. Let me know what you think.

Thanks for the advice.
Shamx

Ranger Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Bard - Alt/Box

Re: Next AA pet, dots or dd

Postby Shamx » Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:45 pm

I should also mention why I think pet AA would be spent best. On my AA alt activate slow, malo hotkey I can add a command for the pet to attack the target. Slowing the mob in the HoT expansion is my primary focus during fights. If I need to recast I will not have to worry about a DoT or DD spell in process of being cast. The pet attack command is instant.

Thanks )
Shamx

Ranger Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Bard - Alt/Box

Re: Next AA pet, dots or dd

Postby Retron » Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:45 am

Depends on what you want to do. A maxed Spirit Call (together with the pet flurry / crit) AAs can produce a nice boost to DPS for a minute or so every 7 minutes or thereabouts. The pet crit/flurry AAs will also boost your regular pet's DPS a little bit (and also the Pack swarm pets - assuming you cast nukes/DoTs on the bot). If you nuke/DoT then it's worth getting the extended pet AAs too, as they'll make the swarm pets go from 10 seconds to 13 seconds.

A full set of DoT AAs and T3 group gear will get you 19K crits on the short DoTs, which may or may not be useful to you. 1st spire boosts crit rate nicely too. The innate 3-tick DoT extension AA is well worth it though as it means you get an extra 18 seconds after casting a DoT (assuming you do that with your bot for added DPS). The DoT extension AAs don't work on the short DoTs, however.

DD AAs are nice but will only really affect one spell - Bite.
Retron

Server: Antonius Bayle (ex-VS)

Shaman Main
Beastlord - Alt/Box

Return to Spells & Abilities