[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Where are new spells?

Where are new spells?

Spell, Spell Quest, Aura, Totem and AA discussion.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

Where are new spells?

Postby Granlu » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:57 pm

Okay, I know I can get some of my rank II spells with the different fragments like lesser, glowing, etc., but where do I get the spell like Exigent Focusing Rk.II? and others? I know some spells not on vendors can be bought with dream motes and there is faction involved but so far all I've seen with the dream motes are rank I. LOL I am totally confused right now. I'm probably just overlooking something simple but any help would be appreciated! Thanks bunches!
Granlu

Server: Tunare

Re: Where are new spells?

Postby Huurgh » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:07 pm

There is a female gnome with a spell task in the same camp the motes vendor is.

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." Robert A. Heinlein
Huurgh

Server: Antonius Bayle

Magician Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby warador » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:45 pm

its also faction based i think the more faction u have the more spells available
warador

Shaman Main

Postby dohrian » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:14 pm

Rank 1
Rank 1 spells are bought in The Feerrott. Some of them are bought with plat from the vendors to the south near House of Thule zone line, the rest require indifferent faction and are bought from Rotharran Radhelm for 30 Dream Motes each.

Rank 2
Rank 2 spells are obtained from Kaelynn in The Feerrott in exchange for Dream Fragments. These fragments are tradable and drop commonly from nameds across the expansion, Minor for level 86, Lesser for level 87, Median for level 88, Greater for level 89, and Glowing for level 90. You will need indifferent faction to get the task to turn in the level 89 and 90 versions.

Rank 3
Rank 3 spells are obtained from Spensur in Grounds in exchange for Tangible Dream Fragments. You will need Amiable faction to get the task to turn these in.

Type 3 Augs
All type 3 focus augs are bought from Rotharran Radhelm in Feerrott. You will need Amiable faction as well as tier 3 access to unlock them, and they cost 200 Dream Motes each.
, Master alchemist / baker / brewer / fletcher / jeweler / potter / smith / tailor
dohrian

Server: Karana -> Ayonae Ro -> Tribunal -> Bristle

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby Granlu » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:38 pm

I want to thank you for helping me out and taking the time to do so. Now I understand it a lot more about our spells. I still haven't seen the single spell components to our Unity... Exigent Focusing, Spirt of Valor,Preeminent Foresight, or Mammoth's Force. Those are on the level 86 spell list form Zam but haven't found them yet. Could be that this list is wrong? Anyway, thank you all sooooo much.
Granlu
Granlu

Postby Tordail » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:35 pm

~
Tordail

Veteran -

Server: Luclin

Shaman Main

Postby Granlu » Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:13 pm

Thank you Tordail. That is what I thought but hadn't seen them listed seperate before so totally confused this old woman. ha I knew a few years ago some shaman wanted some of those components of our Unity to cast seperate so I thought maybe that's what the devs did this time around. Hugs!
Granlu

Postby Poguk » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:34 am

Ya, quite a few Rk1 spells are purchased via plat from the vendors in "Feerrott the Dream" (new Feerrott) near the HoT zoneline. There are some, though, that don't show up there, and I'm not quite sure where you get those. I know a few are purchased from the elf vendor near RM zoneline in Feerrott the Dream using "Dream Motes", which are obtained by doing missions. However, you also need to get faction in order to purchase those spells from him... I had to do 4-6 quests in order to get my faction to indifferent, I believe... at which point he opened up some rk1 spells to me.

Fortunately, you might not have to worry a whole lot about the Rk1's, because the Rk2's are pretty damn easy to get and are generally quite a bit better than rk1's. The spell system is very much like the OoW spell system, with some added likeability.

Rank 2 spells are obtained from the gnome female Kaelynn Stearns in Feerrott the Dream near Rathe Mountains zoneline. You say "spells" to her, and she will offer you one of 5 quests (for each level of spells). 86 spells require Minor fragments; 87 = Lesser; 88 = Median; 89 = Greater; 90 = Glowing. Just get the appropriate-level spell from her, then hand in your fragment. Frags are obtained by killing named mobs; as quest chest rewards; and sometiems as just rare drops on trash. They are also droppable (like OoW), so you can purchase them in bazaar... and they seem to be very common, so while they're a tad expensive now, they've already dropped a lot in price and should only go down from here.

Btw, you initially can only get spell quests for levels 86-88. As before with the faction, I had to get indifferent, I believe, which required about 5 missions. After that, she opened up 89-90 spells to me.

See: http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=35718 for Alla's NPC/quest info.
See: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spel ... ion=search for shaman spells 86-90. Keep in mind that some of those listed are not actual spells, but effects of other spells.

The great thing is you can actually select which spell you want when you choose your quest reward, instead of having to get 6 "crap" spells before you get Unity, for instance.
Poguk

Server: Xegony

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box

Return to Spells & Abilities