[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - House of Thule spells

House of Thule spells

Spell, Spell Quest, Aura, Totem and AA discussion.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

Re: House of Thule spells

Postby Kumudil » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:42 am

Reckless Mending:

Obviously it's meat as emergency tool. If it really would be fastcast (something 0.5 or 1 second) I would have no other problems with it. Neither hight manacost, nor the selfnuke.

With both backdraws to the spell as it is (hight manacost and "backfire"), it may will be possible to get the casttime be made faster. If we focus on having manacost reduced or the selfdamage taken away, I fear there will be not much room, to have it heal enought in amount or fast enought in cattime, to really make a big difference to the dannals-line of heals.

It's along time ago, that someone died in my group because I ran out of mana. So manacost is secondary if it's meant as emergency heal. If the tank is on the ball and keep the add busy, I don't think I will risk to die on the backfire either.

If you fall behind on healing the tank, you need a burst-heal as fast as possible as hight as possible. Whatever it needs to take be it manacost or backfire, is secondary in that case. If one of your dps-friends take the add, because your tank is busy, you don't have it on your own. So also in that scenario this would work best if it would heal fast and alot. About the damage taken or the mana consumed, you can think of later when the critical moment is passed.

So my main concern of this spell is casttime.
, ,
Kumudil

Server: Antonius Bayle

Shaman Main
Druid - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Lenil » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:15 am

So what's the purpose of Nargul's Malady and Undaleen's Venom? You get 2 tics of damage every 5 tics? That averages out to 979 and 991 per tic. Unresistable is good but for that you give up 2 spell gems and the ability to cast it on more than one mob. What am I missing? I thought they said they were going to do something to improve shaman DPS. Mojo gives you 5280 every 5 tics for less mana.

What am I missing? Are these spells just junk that they put in to say they gave us spells?
Lenil

Postby Kumudil » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:26 pm

New "fast" dots:

Possible use 1:
presume you have a fast pace group, mobs possibly are dead within 40 seconds.
on inc you apply: malis, slow/counterbias, panther .. now we are roughtly at 10 second in fight.
Next Bite : cast + recast anotehr 2 sconds gone.
Cast dot, first tic of that would be than approx 18-20 seconds in fight.
Cast second dot, first tic of that would land approx 21 to 23 seconds in fight.

First dot may have a chance to toc 3 times befor mob is dead.
Second dot may or may not land his third tic.

With the new ones, the likehood to have both dots do the damage you spend your mana for is very hight.
When you need to be prepared for massive AE-damage, swap second dot for groupheal.

Possible use 2:
Same as 1, but if the fight last longer, cast first a couple of magic dots, which likely run their course, and than one or both of those 2.
For this scenario you would need more spell gems, but atleast you have an option to be more Healer or more dps, depends on who is in group.
If new mammuth RK II is going to increase to 10%, one may can drop champion.

Possible use 3: rootrotting ... maybe not the best spells for that playstyle, one has to figure out.

It will not be an immense dps-increase as it could seem just seeing the damage tic on first glance, but overall it offers the possibillity to adapt to the group.
I think that's as close as we can get to "burst" dps as shamans.

It's a nice pass in the right direction. Possibly the cast and/or recast on them can be talked about, if someone makes it into beta.
Kumudil

Shaman Main
Druid - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Kumudil » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:40 pm

[26250/14339] Kralbor's Pandemic Rk. II (mainly disease debuff)
Classes: SHM/88
Mana: 852
Target: Single
Range: 200
Resist: Disease -37
Casting: 3s, Recast: 1,5s
Duration: 00:01:24 (14 ticks)
1: Increase Disease Counter by 21
2: Decrease Current HP by 401 per tick
6: Decrease Disease Resist by 37

as we are at it, this spell on it's own doesn't seem to be very strong.
Maybe a good canditate, to get added:

7: Increase Spell Damage Taken by 9%
8: Limit Effect: Current HP
9: Limit Type: Detrimental
10: Limit Resist: Disease / Poison (not shure if 2 elementals can be made on one debuff)
Kumudil

Shaman Main
Druid - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:18 pm

Increase disease damage is on necro Decay debuff.

Increase poison damage is on rogue dagger click.

Druids do cold & fire. Enc do chromo. The only precedent for overlapping damage increasers is mag/shm Malosenea, so I don't think that'd be an easy sell to have shm now overlap both nec and rog.

On the topic of Nargul's Malady and Undaleen's Venom, I think they're an excellent precedent and potentially powerful, but they're actually too fast. Being two ticks instead of four makes them not work with any dotting tools. I hope than any shaman admitted to HoT beta can successfully lobby to have their damage (reduced some obviously) spread out to a four tick base duration. The one-target-at-a-time thing I find totally acceptable as a cost for relevance in fast killing.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby riou » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:45 pm

riou

Server: The Rathe

Paladin Main
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:48 pm

You're right, my mistake. Used the wrong reference. 1.8 vs 2.2 on normal heal. Almost half a second faster. That's the same adjusted cast time as Adrenaline Burst gets base. Being that fast already makes spell haste effects not work on Burst, so it's always 1.8, but on the flip side they don't need the cle buff to make it that fast. I wonder if we can get our spell the same treatment...
Brohg

Veteran ----

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Kiiarra » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:53 pm

Kiiarra

Shaman Main

Postby Brohg » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:32 am

The druid long cooldown bigger heal comes with full hastiness built in. 1.8 sec base cast, which is fully hasted 3.0 sec cast. Being under 3sec base makes haste effects not work on it, it just is what it is.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Kumudil » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:07 am

About the emergency-heal I am with Kiirra here. The casttime should be reduced. If we want to compare this heal/nuke with stuff othere priests have we shall compare it with the actual heal/nuke of both priests. The cleric one is 1.5 seconds the druids one is 1 second casttime if I looked this up right. Our new one has already the big downside to fire back on us and not nuke the mob. This should be downside enought, to make it a 1 sec. casttime. It's meant as emergency tool, it has already high mana cost and backfires. So making it cast 1s doesn't feel to be unbalanced.

About the dots:
As they are, dealing their damage in 2 tics, they are a form of burst dps.
If we spread their damage in 4 tics, they are not anymore much different to the magic-dots we have now. Just a couple of more dots in the range of 1k+ damage per tic. In that case, the recast wouldn't make sense anymore either.
Kumudil

Shaman Main
Druid - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Kumudil » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:56 am

One more about the dots: they are likely to produce the usual ghost-tic as well.
As far as I know all dot's behave like this, just when they get "burst" - like short ticcing, it get's more important.

[18399/5202] Nature's Searing Wrath Rk. II
Classes: DRU/85
Mana: 1704
Resist: Fire -10
Casting: 3s, Recast: 18s, Timer: 9
Duration: 18s (3 ticks)
1: Decrease Current HP by 4962
2: Decrease Current HP by 1291 per tick

Didn't check that for ages, but went to TBS with my druid 10 minutes ago and killed some snakes.
Druids NSW is supposted to give 3 tics looking at spelldata, but in reallity the spell tics 4 times (as first nuke + 4 tics). I took the earrings off just to be sure the 4rth tic doesn't come from their focus.

So 2 tics + ghosttic will be 3 tics, if those will be effected in manner all dots seems to be. If we spread that to 4 tics by having the tics cut at half and than we add 1 tic by foci + 1 ghosttic, we are at same total damage dealt, just taken away the "burst" nature out of them.

For the dots if we want to improve them, I feel it would be better to focus to have their casttime reduced. With foci + tribute our actual dots are at same casttime right?
During the big casttime-revamp most dots in game got their casttime set to instant or 0.5 seconds.
Kumudil

Shaman Main
Druid - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Kumudil » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:03 am

Kumudil

Shaman Main
Druid - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby gnugnu » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:18 am

gnugnu

Druid Main

Postby Lenil » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:06 am

[26295/14341] Reckless Mending Rk. II
Classes: SHM/90
Mana: 2051
Beneficial: Blockable
Casting: 3s, Recast: 12s
Recourse: [Spell 26298]
1: Increase Current HP by 7686

[26298] Reckless Mending Recourse II
Target: Self
Resist: Unresistable
Casting: 0s
1: Decrease Current HP by 5342

So we can't use this spell on ourselves then? Does the heal go off before the recourse does? Were the developers aware that the spell is only effective for 5/6 of the group when they designed the spell? Kind of seems not based on the cast time and mana.

Am I the only one who is concerned about the extra complexity the new heals and "fast" dots add to the shaman class? Shaman is already the hardest class to play - or at least the one with the most effort required to play well and the least margin for error. We already can't make most of the community understand how all aspects of our class are related and how we can't do it all at the same time (you have canni, you're the best slower there is, etc.) They're going to take the spells on face value and think that now we could do it all and now more. They're not going to take the effort to figure out how it's all related and what restrictions are in play. Does the new complexity hurt us in the long run in relation to getting upgrades?

Why don't they just fix what we have so it works in the content it was supposedly designed for? Fix union and AI. Unlink the bite spells.

Maybe I'm grumpy. I just feel that sony is the kid that, if he has to give you one of his toys, he's going to break it first.
Lenil

Postby Sordar-Cazic » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:56 pm

Paired with the AA that extends dots by X ticks (can't remember the name, as i have yet to purchase it) the new fast dots might allow for some nice dps over a short time frame. I guess our det. extension potions will also add a tick on as well. Not too shabby.

It'd be nice to get the cast time on Reckless Mending lowered to 1.8 like the druid version so that groupers can benefit from the low cast time as well as raiders. Is it not enough that the druid version costs significantly less mana AND we get nuked? With that change, i could stomach the unreasonably high cost of the spell.
Sordar-Cazic

Shaman Main

Postby dohrian » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:53 am

, Master alchemist / baker / brewer / fletcher / jeweler / potter / smith / tailor
dohrian

Server: Karana -> Ayonae Ro -> Tribunal -> Bristle

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby Retron » Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:27 pm

Lucy's finally updated:

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/newspells.ht ... 12&page=10

There are quite a few new AAs if you know where to look, but they're not on Test yet. Next time it (or live) patches, however... :wink:
Retron

Server: Antonius Bayle (ex-VS)

Shaman Main
Beastlord - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm

Extended Pestilence AA will not work on them, they're too fast. Detri duration worn foci will not work on them, they're too fast. Detri duration potions will not work on them, they're too fast. As I said before, these spells are too fast. The only thing "I am a dot instead of a nuke" does for these spells is make them immune to agro-reducing effects (that's not a good thing!), introduce the potential that half the damage will be lost when the mob dies (also not a good thing!), and make it possible they'll just bounce and do nothing because the target is buff-locked (happens on raid mobs!). If they were base four ticks, they'd at least be empowered to get something back for all those downsides.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby WaringMcMarrin » Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:20 pm

WaringMcMarrin

Veteran -

Server: The Tribunal(Ayonae Ro)

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Kumudil » Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:43 am

Kumudil

Shaman Main
Druid - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby pagarbuk » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:06 am

Minimum base duration for extension foci (including potions) to act on dots is 24.00 seconds, or 4 ticks. Extended Pestilence has 18 seconds as it's criterion for duration, so it should work.

I think I would rather have 2 extra ticks (one from ear and one from potion) all the time in addition to the extra ticks every time I pop Ext. Pest., even if the damage per tick needs to drop 25% to do it.

I also wouldn't mind if they left the dots as they are and adjusted all dot ext foci to act on 3-tick dots like Extended Pestilence does.
pagarbuk

Server: Povar, formerly Zek

Shaman Main

Postby pagarbuk » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:08 am

Extended Pestilence also currently has a Max Level of 85...that will need to be increased.
pagarbuk

Shaman Main

Postby Brohg » Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:16 pm

It's likely there will be additional ranks of the AA that extend the functional levels, that's the usual way.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby pagarbuk » Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:51 pm

As long as they do it, I won't be too grumpy on the specifics.
pagarbuk

Shaman Main

Postby Sordar-Cazic » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:32 am

I imagine they won't make a change allowing the use of extension focuses on the new "fast acting" DoTs, but they might be willing to bump them up to 3 ticks to allow for some pairing with Extended Pestilence. That would allow for some better burst dmg, but not anytime damage. It would also give people a reason to buy EP.
Sordar-Cazic

Shaman Main

Postby Lenil » Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:41 pm

Lenil

Postby WaringMcMarrin » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:21 pm

WaringMcMarrin

Veteran -

Server: The Tribunal(Ayonae Ro)

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Zama » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:34 pm

[26274/14340] Undaleen's Venom Rk. II
Classes: SHM/89
Mana: 1040
Resist: Unresistable
Casting: 1,5s, Recast: 30s, Timer: 7
Duration: 12s (2 ticks)
1: Increase Poison Counter by 30
2: Decrease Current HP by 2477 per tick

I know for grouping and such, they might not be the worlds best thing, but if you check the bolded part, its unresistable. It definately looks like a situational thing, but for something like duels, or mobs with ultra high(like mobs who resist everything but unresistable tagged spells) this seems like a good thing. Also, if they did add foci to effect it, it could be renewed before the spell ever wore off, which is looks like it wasnt intended to work that way, and would be potentially overpowering, at least from a pvp standpoint.

Zama

Shaman Main

Postby EeyonRN » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:12 am

yeah, having a bigger faster heal at the cost of self damage would be a pretty useful spell imo.
warning your computer has been infected with an ip adress pleaes give me 10 dollars
EeyonRN

Server: slamdunk@urface.lol

Postby HeavySplash » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:51 am

i need more spell slots guys.

can any one help me,

I can't go on like this I always die.

spell please give me :cry:
HeavySplash

Ranger Main

Postby Glauri » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:40 am

I'm a raid shaman, and I need better/faster group heals and anything that I can get my hands on to increase the dps of my group. I don't have time to do much dps myself as I generally am too busy trying to heal. We need a FAST heal -- the closest thing we have is Wild Growth (5k) and not really designed as a heal spell anyway. Let's be serious here -- by now, most folks in my group have +40k hps and are taken out by mobs in far less than 1 tick. What defense do I have against that?
Glauri

Postby Sowslow » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:09 pm

Sowslow

Server: The Rathe -> Quellious -> Povar

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby warador » Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:02 am

i am in the same guild as glauri and we are farming tower and working on fippy. beat it tonight finally lol . during fippy several times i have had folks in grp at say 85 % health with my hot going and i cast dannals on them . by the time it lands roughly 2 seconds the y a re dead so that is less than 1 tick . also a couple shaman use wild growth as a heal as it adds 5 k to hp in 1 second so she wasnt being sarcastic. i use a dif spell set up so dont use this but if it works eh who can fault the ingenuity.

sry about spelling and puncuation but its 4 am lol
warador

Shaman Main

Postby dohrian » Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:20 am

dohrian

Server: Karana -> Ayonae Ro -> Tribunal -> Bristle

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby Sowslow » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:37 am

Sowslow