[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - SoF/UF Combat Stability

SoF/UF Combat Stability

Spell, Spell Quest, Aura, Totem and AA discussion.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

SoF/UF Combat Stability

Postby Maccuul » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:16 am

I cant go back and parse it but I noticed something odd with what I think is CS.
At the start I didnt have SoF or UF CS and while in Undershore I was just passingly noticing how wimpy an Isallain Soldier was these days.
Two days later because of the exp bonus weekend I had CS maxxed and noticed something quite odd. The Isallain Soldiers were hitting for a higher average hit than before.

I only let the Isallain Soldiers hit me the first time for maybe 5-10 minutes... Not like they were going to kill me but the average hit was 26ish.
IE 26 over and over with the very occasional higher hit.
The second time I did this they were hitting from 51-250ish ranging greatly.
I also had 2 ac upgrades the second time for about 50 more ac than the first time.
I tried the second time both with and without vie (I wasnt sure if I had it the first time) from a merc and still never saw hits as low as 26 either way.

The times on this were pretty small so imho well within an error tolerance but was hoping somebody with lower CS could pop into Undershore and let the Isallian Soldier on the ramp beat on them for a bit or something.

Just seemed darn odd that suddenly a mob that had trouble hitting me for more than 26 was suddenly hitting for 51-250 commonly after purchasing CS and having higher ac.
Something surely changed but I cant put my finger on what.
Has anybody else seen anything odd like this?

Thanks
Maccuul

Server: Fennin Ro

Shaman Main
Ranger - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Re: SoF/UF Combat Stability

Postby Sowslow » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:22 am

Not sure if I am remembering correctly, but didn't a lot of mobs in DoD have some self buff that helped them do much greater damage, like ? Maybe the first time you were pulling so fast they didn't have time to self buff and the next time you came they were?
Sowslow

Server: The Rathe -> Quellious -> Povar

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Maccuul » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:17 pm

Good point I can go back and dispell them.

Mobs should have been up for a long time both times though as I was just passing through on the way to Lichen.
Maccuul

Shaman Main
Ranger - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Maccuul » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:29 pm

Dispelled and still hitting 51-250 so that wasnt it.
Maccuul

Shaman Main
Ranger - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Ughbash » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:03 am

OK, this is bizzare.

I spend a LOT of time in illsalin (royal area to arena stands).

Base min hit for an unbolstered mob is 227, min hit for a bostered mob is 417. This is with 35% shielding. (Bash/Kick may be lower but those are the minimum HITs).

I have noticed no change in it over the last 6 months or so and have during that time maxxed defensive for the new expansion.
Tunares' Froggie Shaman,
Hipitey Hop [Watchkeepers]
Ughbash

Veteran --

Server: tunare

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Retron » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:26 am

Retron

Server: Antonius Bayle (ex-VS)

Shaman Main
Beastlord - Alt/Box

Postby Maccuul » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:57 pm

I tried with and without vie on so that wasnt it.
I definately had no Enchanter type runes on.
Besides vie is only 10% it wouldnt cut it from 51 to 26.

Only changes I made was maxxing out CS, 1 level of Armor of Wisdom, and 1 item upgrade.
So more CS and higher ac.

Buffs would have been the same both times other than vie which I already ruled out.

Min hit is/was 26 before I upgraded for whatever reason min hit now is 51.
This was on the Soldiers in Undershore going up the ramp into Corathus.

Really just need somebody with CS29 or maybe even lower to go take a few hits see what min hit on them is.

Something is different it may not be CS but min hit was 26 on them the first few times I went through after the exp bonus weekend min hit I can get is 51.
Maccuul

Shaman Main
Ranger - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:10 pm

There are higher "vie-like effects". Ancestral Guard, for instance, is 75%.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Maccuul » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:26 pm

Think I would have noticed if I hit AG though a few times travelling through Undershore on multiple occassions.

Wasnt just 1 time they hit for 26 was everytime until the exp weekend when I maxxed CS thats what made me question it.
Maccuul

Shaman Main
Ranger - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Sowslow » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:52 pm

CS9 and they hit me for 128 min and avg about 250ish, after dispell about 38 ish and 125ish.
Sowslow

Server: The Rathe -> Quellious -> Povar

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Cellan » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:41 am

those mobs vary by levels all the same, it could them hitting on a different damage table or other factors combine with or without that all the same?
Cellan

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby dohrian » Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:15 pm

I tried today with CS28, I dispelled mob and let him hit me for 5 minutes. Mob was hitting me for minimim 44.
Then I got CS 29, and same mob was still hitting me for minimum 44 (up to 230).

So I did not see any 26 hit, are you sure it was not a bash ? Mob was bashing me for about 34...
, Master alchemist / baker / brewer / fletcher / jeweler / potter / smith / tailor
dohrian

Server: Karana -> Ayonae Ro -> Tribunal -> Bristle

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby Maccuul » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:41 am

I am at a loss several times through I was getting hit for 26.
Wasnt a bash,

Had a friend with lower CS test it nothing that low.

Cant seem to explain it and doesnt seem to be anything I can think of.
Just going to write it off at this point.
Maccuul

Shaman Main
Ranger - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Return to Spells & Abilities