[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Gift of Mana line/ Abundant Healing

Gift of Mana line/ Abundant Healing

Spell, Spell Quest, Aura, Totem and AA discussion.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

Gift of Mana line/ Abundant Healing

Postby ilikepi3 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:47 pm

I'm curious exactly what triggers what, because from what i've been hearing canni does NOT trigger the GoM line, but apparently if you target yourself Abundant Healing triggers off canni.

On another note i'm curious what people think of these respective aas. I've recently finished Healing Adept and am working on Healing Gift (currently at 7/18), and am wondering which i should work on next. Also, i'm wondering how people rank the AA group HoT (Ancestral Aid?) and that healing ward aa thing.

First post on spirit realm, but been lurking for years lol.
ilikepi3

Shaman Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Re: Gift of Mana line/ Abundant Healing

Postby Jarcey Heyokah » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:06 pm

Healing Boon next... it alows your hot's too get crit heals.

I use ancestrial aid when i get a 2 mob pull just too help w/ healing and extra dps. I usually 3'box my 81shm, 80 SK, and 75 mag, add a cleric, her hubby depends on what he wants too play 75, wizzy, bst, or 78 necro. And then have another that comes along he's 75 pally or necro. So some times the necro's will kite an add or my sk just aoe' hate on them and keeps wailing away. I like the AA cuz its an instant group HoT... where as the Shade of renewal line has a cast time. It really just depends on the situation but I myself use the Ancestrail Aid and the Union of Spirits AA alot.
Jarcey
85th Season SHM

Dethsangel Beckons
85th Season SHD

Rheece
80th Season MAG

Yeah I 3box... /shrug

Stop Canni Time....

May the Great Spirit bless you, your home,
and those you love with peace and happiness.
Jarcey Heyokah

Server: The Nameless

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:23 pm

Abundant Healing can trigger from casting canni. The HoT will hit whatever you have targetted. GoM will not trigger on canni, nor will canni use up GoM (it would, back when it could trigger it).

The healing ward is nearly useless because it's killed by any sort of AE damage, which is what you'd use its AE healing to counter. It does stack with other effects, though, so can function as a fifth string emergency tool if you have a bunch of extra AA to blow.

Ancestral Aid is as good as your willingness to blow it early & often. If you're prone to forget it, or prone to "saving it" for a crisis, then it's a big waste of AA. If you use it frequently, then it's a good tool. It matches the healing per tick of Prophet's Gift of the Ruchu at rank 6. The stat cap stuff mostly just makes it shaman-ey, AAid isn't a dps tool.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Sowslow » Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:02 pm

Sowslow

Server: The Rathe -> Quellious -> Povar

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Funi » Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:17 pm

I use AA both for the healing and a DPS tool. The heal over time stacks with everything but union so it can help slow the bleeding. But I also use this as a DPS tool. Stack this with 3rd spire and your melee have close to if not over 1 thousand STR and DEX. STR increases you max hit and your max ave. hit. Dex increases your accuracy. Heroic DEX also increases your max hit and max ave so it might also be the case with over DEX as well. I think that's great on a burn.
Funi

Shaman Main

Postby Mukkul » Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:09 pm

Canni triggered Abundant Healing when I had all the AAs at level 80, but I think it stopped again when I hit 81. It's not just buggy, it also doesn't work right.

And Abundant Healing is one of those stupidly designed AAs that require you to purchase it all over again whenever the level cap rises, or you lose it. Or if you haven't already bought it, you'd have to pour a crap-load of AAs into it just to reach the first usable rank.
Mukkul

Server: Fennin Ro

Postby kuzko » Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:29 pm

Re: Abundant Healing. I haven't checked since starting to retrain it for 81-85 last night, but I did notice it ceased firing on Canni while levelling, after hitting 81. A note to remember on it; it has either infinite range on it, or a very very large range. During pulls/downtime, do not have your puller on target when you Canni. You will get aggro, it is not hate free if it lands on a FD monk (half the zone away, for instance, because it can). Big trains, lesson learned. Unless you have a ton of AA to blow, don't bother (or unless you are a little OCD when you decide to "work on healing aa now", you have to get any aa remotely resembling a heal...like I sadly do).
(85 Barbarian Shaman): Master Artisan (49/49), Master Alchemist (7/7), Journeyman Fisherman, Journeyman Researcher (4/7).
Baakdoor (85 Wood Elf Rogue): Master Researcher (6/7), Master Poisoncrafter (7/7) Master Smith (6/7).
Psicho (70 Gnome Enchanter): Master Tinker (7/7), Master Researcher (7/7).
Chiiki (65 Halfling Druid): Master Tailor (7/7).
Brahbra (65 Dwarven Paladin): Master Smith (6/7).
kuzko

Server: Povar

Shaman Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box
Druid - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:59 pm

Strength does not increase max hit. Atk will go up, but characters with already-capped stats and worn +atk will see exceedingly small return. Dexterity stopped affecting accuracy back around 250-300. Neither of the stat modifiers are heroic stats.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Cellan » Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:55 am

I have been noticing that with a bard in the group when my GoM fires, it goes away before I get a chance to use it sometimes. I am very suspicious that there is some bard song that hits me and sucks up my GoM. Any input on that? I never watch bards for what they are singing nor even keep track of what songs they even have anymore so I really couldn't even begin to imagine what it might be, but I do know it's a regular thing when I group with bards.
Cellan

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Return to Spells & Abilities