[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Pack of Aina

Pack of Aina

Spell, Spell Quest, Aura, Totem and AA discussion.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

Re: Pack of Aina w/o mana?

Postby Unmei » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:30 am

Unmei

Veteran --

Server: 7th Hammer

Enchanter Main

Re: Pack of Aina w/o mana?

Postby Dakota » Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:29 pm

Dakota

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box

Re: Pack of Aina

Postby Kumudil » Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:33 am

Thank you Dakota. I couldn't find any statement from you which contraticted my assertion.

Now that we are arrived at the conclusion that this spell needs a modification what would be the next step to get it fixed?
Find a CL and convince him to bring the issue to the knowledge of the devs?
, ,
Kumudil

Server: Antonius Bayle

Shaman Main
Druid - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Dakota » Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:36 am

I don't think it's so much a question of finding a CL to bring it to the Devs. Fact of the matter is that Prat is the dev in charge of spells, who'se made it known several times that he really doesn't give a flying f@*$ what the players think. So unless someone corners him in his hotel room at the fanfaire and goes Fight Club on him until he agrees to change the spell, I doubt we're going to see any improvement to it.
Dakota

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby harlybear » Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:24 am

Dakota,

Your not supposed to mention Fight club. We don't talk about fight club....not ever.....
harlybear

Server: Povar

Shaman Main
Berserker - Alt/Box
Paladin - Alt/Box

Postby Unmei » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:24 am

Unmei

Veteran --

Enchanter Main

Postby Dakota » Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:09 pm

Dakota

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Kumudil » Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:25 am

Kumudil

Server: Antonius Bayle

Shaman Main
Druid - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Unmei » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:18 pm

oops. Crap. Sorry. -_-;
Unmei

Veteran --

Enchanter Main

Postby MadBomber » Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:02 pm

Played around with this spell alot recently and found it might possibly be somewhat useful if you're willing to micromanage your buffs, in groups when I'm dps and not backup healer I will keep this and 3 or 4 dots up, when mob is incoming I cast Aina then drop my dots, average about 1 proc per mob with 3 dots. When casting my last dot I put my cursor up on the Aina icon and soon as it lands I click it off. usually only goes through 2-3 ticks doing this and there is some kind of modifier going on with the mana drain, if you watch your mana values while using it you don't lose 250 a tick, could be clairvoyance or natural mana regen mitigating it or specialization or maybe all of them. I still think the spell would be much better as a self only buff with a bigger mana cost, maybe 1-3k mana up front for 20 minutes of Aina, or they need to make it like wizard twincast so its useful on burns, 1k mana for 1 minute of Aina but it procs every single cast (with an appropriate recast timer on it ~15 minutes). I'll see if I can't come up with parses soon for the click off method, see if damage vs. mana is anywhere close to one of our dots (to justify even using up a precious spell gem with it instead of another dot).
MadBomber

Shaman Main

Postby Douglasone » Fri May 22, 2009 10:54 pm

I use it when I solo boss mobs a lot. I load every buff and Ds I can on myself and my tank merc then pull the boss with a malis/slow and unload. I know pack eats a fair amount of mana but at lvl 85 with decent gear you should have a ton of mana and mana regen as it is, so but a few extra. Anything that helps get that boss/named down faster before he can really hurt you or some pathers happens by is good in my book. Of course I have about 31k mana and good mana regen, so I rarely run dry even with pack running the entire fight. I love it. It is situational though, you do not wanna use it on a raid unless they tell you uncontrollable pets are ok and if you are the group healer then defenitely not. No other shm on my server that I know of uses it, but I do, of course I have always been considered an oddball. We rarely get the spells we want so I figure I better learn to use what they do give us.
Douglasone

Server: Fennin Ro

Postby Brohg » Sat May 23, 2009 4:05 am

The problem with that scenario is that you should really just be using Languid Bite.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby riverwindd » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:59 pm

After much faction grinding in FoS... finally got this spell last weekend! Pact of Aina II.

Honestly speaking, i really like this spell for it's pet procs, but not the mana drain. The difference between on a mount and without is very very significant. And anyway, mana still got drained away....
Played with this spell once and not anymore. I really hope SoE can do some modification to this spell to make it more castable... prolly reduce the amount of mana drained and increase the % of proc chance.

So far anyone heard of any news regarding this?
riverwindd

Shaman Main
Druid - Alt/Box

Postby Douglasone » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:58 pm

I use it all the time. If I am soloing a named, I use it, on some raid bosses, especially DT event 6, its sweet. Why all the whining about it, damn guys we have lots of mana, cann, mana sticks from mages and if you are watching your gear then a lot of FT from that. I normally have a little over 32k mana and sure at the end of event 6 I am usually bone dry or close to it, but I have had pet swarms on the mob the entire fight. I agree its very high cost sucks buton fights like event 6 i am allowed to unload. I usually run 4 dots and sometimes bite and I watch pack proc nonstop. I cann nonstop and use sc and always last the whole fight. I would love to see the costs dropped to 200/tic or maybe 150/tic but whatever. I use it. Its no good if you are trying to fight a boss and adds, its only real use is for a single target super burn fight, but for that its very nice.
Douglasone

Postby Douglasone » Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:01 pm

Lnaquid bile is nice but its very short lived and the reuse timer is fairly long. If it had an instant reuse timer I would use it instead but its there its gone fast and wham nothing left. So for now this is a better deal.
Douglasone

Postby Dakota » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:29 pm

It's a 4 minute duration with a 10 minute recast, right? You can keep it up for almsot half the time, I wouldn't consider that very short lived.
Dakota

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Torl » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:10 am

Perhaps an AA can be associated with this unique spell to make it more useful. Maybe an AA would be easier to obtain than requesting a spell change. A possible AA: Pact of Aina, player activated, when the wolves of Aina are howling, cannibalize has a 1 tick reduced recast time for a duration of x time, AA reactivation is y time. This would allow you to keep the pack going for x time without a mana drain, but at an expense of keeping cannibalize going. By coupling Pack of Aina to canniblize, the AA may not receive too much resistance.
Torl

Postby Gunner » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:01 am

Just out of curiosity, what is the difference between RKs? Less mana, more chance to proc, harder hitting pets, pets last longer,?
Gunner

Shaman Main

Postby Dakota » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:19 am

Dakota

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Zama » Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:02 am

just wondering, does anyone know if it will shoot out pets off of manaresurgance procs? assuming you could get multiple procs off your nukes, it could up the number of procs 2-3 times.

Zama

Shaman Main

Postby Survivar » Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:38 pm

They Don't stack.

MR, Languid Bite, and Pack of Aina all don't Stack.
Survivar

Server: Xegony

Shaman Main
Rogue - Alt/Box

Previous

Return to Spells & Abilities