[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - shaman rez idea

shaman rez idea

Spell, Spell Quest, Aura, Totem and AA discussion.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

shaman rez idea

Postby Zama » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:04 pm

well, for a raiding shaman, since call is only useable every 2 minutes, a nice combonation of things is using vermillion sky ring (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=1640) from posky to feign off aggro if your doing a raid event or something, and then you can use 90% rez since it is out of combat only. also makes battle rezzing more effective due to people starting with corpses looted/spells memmed. only problem is the cast time even with aa's is still 14.0 which is pretty abysmal.

Zama

Shaman Main

Re: shaman rez idea

Postby Brohg » Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:37 am

Feign Death doesn't immediately wipe agro, you have to stay down (no participation in the fight, also nothing breaking FD) for a minute to lose agro. So if the best thing you can find to do with your shaman is get people who already showed they can't survive back into a fight, then sure, you can rez up three people instead of two in a two minute period, and do nothing else.

I don't anticipate ever casting this spell.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Veril » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:29 am

I'm sure I'll be casting it a lot, but not in combat, that's what Call is for.
Veril

Veteran -

Server: Antonius Bayle

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Kriyn Nutzforcatnip » Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:36 pm

99% of the time I'm not grp'd with a cleric. This rez will help when/if I don't die in a group situation. Obviously if you're raiding then you'd probably just Call in a cleric and let them dish out their rez.
I'm ok, how are you?

Rodcet Nife (Quellious)
Kriyn Nutzforcatnip

Shaman Main
Rogue - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Funi » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:56 am

Funi

Shaman Main

Postby Unmei » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:50 am

I think the timeout for memory loss on feign was reduced to one minute fairly recently.

I'm not sure where Brohg's "three people instead of two" in a 3 minute period number comes from though. If you're doing nothing but putting people back on their feet, you can do a call, then a rez every 20 seconds, getting you at least 5 extra rezzes in those two minutes.

Still, this really isn't a raiding spell. This is a grouping "we're going to be hunting for more than 3 hours and don't want to wait for you to run back after lobby rezzing" sort of spell. I love it. I expect my shaman will be casting it a lot. On herself, no small % of the time.
Unmei

Veteran --

Server: 7th Hammer

Enchanter Main

Postby Bigcat Daddy-o » Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:29 pm

Well, I have been using it, fairly often. ( I tend to have a few OOPS! moments when I am boxing). For the group player it rocks.
I don't disagree with the cast time, or the out of combat only use of it. If I might give my opinion on it : It's a convenience for the casual player/boxer/grouper. I have already experienced exactly what Brogh described. I have used call on my mage to get him and his critical pet tank back for my group, then ressed him after. Working with a shaman/druid/mage box group this spell has increased my time playing and decreased my down time recovering. More time playing, less time begging for stuff. Granted this makes EQ a little bit easier, but that is what is required to go forward, and attract back the casual players who can SUPPORT the game financially, as well as some small trickle of new players. WOW is the staples easy mode button, EQ still has enough of a death penalty to make it challenging without overly destructive to play time.

Based on the history of who could res for close to 10 years, it is a huge leap. Granted the change in direction with mercenaries may have prompted it, but not a lot of point in looking back when we can look forward to more convenient grouping.

I do however think that they should raise Paladin, Shaman and druid to 93% res, and leave the merc at 90%, and move cleric to 98%

More play time, less down time. That is what can keep EQ alive. More time having fun, less time begging for res, begging for group, begging period.

I have tried the 'wait till later to get a cleric res in lobby' thing, and usually I forget by the time I call it a night and lose all the xp.. This gives people like me (natural blonde male airheads?) a better option.

Edit: changed merc from 9% to 90% - oops!
Ride free brother.
Bigcat Daddy-o

Server: Xegony

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Kriyn Nutzforcatnip » Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:15 pm

The 6% difference between cleric and shm rez is pretty negligable unless you are dying a lot.
Kriyn Nutzforcatnip

Shaman Main
Rogue - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Return to Spells & Abilities