[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Which AA path for my set up?

Which AA path for my set up?

Spell, Spell Quest, Aura, Totem and AA discussion.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

Which AA path for my set up?

Postby Methica » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:13 pm

I was hoping for some input on what would be best to give some good support damage.

I'm grouping mostly right now with a monk and or mage friend and always my ranger box. We're all about 75. I'm pretty happy with where my group support and beneficial AAs are at for now so I'm trying to maximize the DPS I can add to our set up as it seems to work best under the "kill it before it kills us" mentality. I was wondering if I'd get more benefit out of going down the critical affliction, nuke crit, or even something else path. Right now I just slow and keep melee buffs running, and when GoM procs throw out a sting. I've pretty much decided that it's better to run the melee proc even though it resets swings right now because it's still more damage / mana between the melee types and how quickly stuff dies.

I'm thinking that going for the nuke AAs might be good for my current playstyle. Any input is greatly helpful. I know in the long run you ideally get both but for now what should be my priority?
Methica

Shaman Main
Ranger - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Re: Which AA path for my set up?

Postby Yesak » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:22 pm

Would be helpful to get a magelo or something to let us know what AAs you already have. Just immediate gut reaction, go for nuke crits. You dont have a real "tank" class in your boxing set up so going full in with DoTs means you have the risk of agro, and DoTs are rather time/mana/spell slot consuming, particularly since you look like you're healer for the group as well. However, its really up to you. Do you want to cast 2 DoTs? 3? 4? Do you want to spend most of your attention on shaman or your other toon? Lots of variables we need to know before we can really say anything definitive. 8)
"Sometimes you have to face your demons, sometimes the demon is you." - Yesak Demunstorm
Yesak

Server: Prexus

Shaman Main

Postby fendaann » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:53 pm

More DPS can increase Argo

If you dont have the AA - Spell Casting Subtlety
I would get it before increasing DPS but it might not due full affect if your the main healer.

http://samanna.net/eq.shaman/sham.aas.shtml
fendaann

Server: Quellious - POVAR

Wizard Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby Sowslow » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:47 am

Did they do something to make Spell Casting Subtlety to work on dots and I missed it?
Sowslow

Server: The Rathe -> Quellious -> Povar

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Yesak » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:04 am

Not that I'm aware of, even more reason to work on nuke AA rather than DoT AA 8)
Yesak

Server: Prexus

Shaman Main

Postby Macnair » Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:35 pm

First of all, I don't think nuke crits are going to reliably give you enough help.

But more important, I don't think multi-tasking your shaman this way makes good sense. You have already made the shaman responsible for keeping a secondary tank alive; now you also want to make the shaman responsible for providing enough extra dps to win. That doesn't sound to me like a formula that will enjoy good success.

Given your setup, I would suggest that you want to get all the healing bonus AAs for your shaman, so that you can do your best to keep the "tank" alive. Let the other toons beat the mobs down. If you need more dps, let the dps classes figure out which AAs they need in order to kill the mob faster.

You could also consider making another friend or two, and bring some more dps characters to the party.

Edit: how tired was I that I didn't proofread this better before I first posted it ...
Last edited by Macnair on Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Macnair

Server: Vazaelle (Maelin Starshine)

Shaman Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby Naluken » Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:01 am

That as the problem I had with my SK/SHM combo, I could do the healing fine, or the DPS reasonably well, but BOTH was a tough (for me impossible) task. So I made a cleric to heal since I also liked the rezzes and cleric buffs... Then 1 one of my comps pooped out and and I am back to SK/SHM ;) hehe

Naluken

Shadowknight Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Cleric - Alt/Box

Return to Spells & Abilities