[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Level 70 spells

Level 70 spells

Spell, Spell Quest, Aura, Totem and AA discussion.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

Level 70 spells

Postby Methica » Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:11 pm

Ok, so here's my dilemma.

I started playing EQ back before Kunark. Played a ranger was the ass end of many many jokes, I eventually quit sometime during OoW. Recntly I've started playing again on that toon but rerolled a shaman for boxing. So I've got a 71 ranger with some bare minimum offensive and defensive AAs to work with here. (read: ~250)

Right now I've got a shaman to 72 with almost no AA but I plan on stopping at 73 for AA. My problem is that while I'm leveling I'm thinking to myself, "self, you'll just get the upgraded versions of all those awesome spells you remember." Come to find out there is no new Champion...

What are my options for getting this? How groupable is this content now? I hear that all spells can be researched now, is this something that might be useful to look into?

Any insight would be great.
Methica

Shaman Main
Ranger - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Re: Level 70 spells

Postby fendaann » Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:21 pm

The added a new way to get some older spells some can now be created by players.

Spell: Champion - Research 410

http://www.eqtraders.com/items/show_ite ... 5000000000
fendaann

Server: Quellious - POVAR

Wizard Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby Macnair » Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:28 pm

There is a guy selling Champion in the Maelin bazaar right now; he has 20 copies, he's selling them for 12000 each. There's another guy who has one for sale for 20 k.

Your server may be different, but I expect that someone there can research it for you.

Macnair

Server: Vazaelle (Maelin Starshine)

Shaman Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby Veril » Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:32 am

It is critically important that your toons are the same level when doing AA. Otherwise the level differences will mean the gain in AA rate can be vastly different especially when mobs con differently to each character. It really is astonishing how much of a difference one level can make
Veril

Veteran -

Server: Antonius Bayle

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Vasei » Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:44 am

Was just in your situation with a few sets of characters & friends leveling back up, and we really did try to work through the content, going through the spell upgrade paths. For various reasons, we ended up getting into the 70's (ahhh, vendor-bought spells) and finding a researcher for the indispensible stuff like Champion. Luckily the shaman doesn't have to worry about the idiot aura/trap or DoD 68 spell. Collecting all those runes in deserted zones is just painful (and kinda masochistic when it's unnecessary).

Test Server
Primal Brood
Vasei

Shaman Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:38 pm

Shm trap is good, though...
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Macnair » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:35 pm

You can get the lower level one (Idol of Malo instead of Idol of Malos) from a quest that takes about 15 minutes or so in Takish.
Macnair

Server: Vazaelle (Maelin Starshine)

Shaman Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby Methica » Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:49 pm

Thanks for the replies folks.

I'm probablly just going to get this researched. What is the trap mentioned here?
Methica

Shaman Main
Ranger - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:04 am

. The spell summons a temporary (2 min), stationary Idol that will apply an unresistable debuff to any monster within its reach. Useful two ways, as an AE debuff spell and as a way to pre-cast a debuff before a pull. Especially useful as a combination of those two, if fast multiple pulls/spawns are anticipated, like in some raid events.

The "lite" version is , the level 55 little cousin. It is the first unresistable MR debuff a shaman can get, but the short task would take a full group at that level. Any leveled-up shaman should be able to solo it.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Methica » Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:38 am

Ah, thanks again, Brohg. I'm a bit of a Shaman and sadly, even EQ, noob now. It's been too long and a lot has changed. I like almost all of it though.

PS. I ended up finding someone to craft me the spell this morning. It's a little sad that there's nothing to look forward to with that line anymore. Oh well, onward and upward I suppose.
Methica

Shaman Main
Ranger - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Return to Spells & Abilities