[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - What would you choose as your first 30 AA's?

What would you choose as your first 30 AA's?

Spell, Spell Quest, Aura, Totem and AA discussion.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

What would you choose as your first 30 AA's?

Postby Drazeena » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:32 am

Greetings all,

I have just banked 30 AA's for my Shammy and would like to pick the brains of the experts here to get the best "bang for my buck" as the saying goes... I have spent 6 AA so far, on Mnemonic Retention and Run 3... how should I spend the next 30? I duo with my level 80 SK.

I am currently level 68 ( I really wanted the spell: Lingering sloth!) and plan to sit at this level at least for a few more aa's.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give to me.
Can you smell the fear? Can you taste the fear? Can you feel the fear? If no, fear not for you soon will!!!!!
Drazeena

Shadowknight Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Re: What would you choose as your first 30 AA's?

Postby Tordail » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:00 pm

thread in the Medicine Cabinet is a little old, but I think it still contains some very good information.
~
Tordail

Veteran -

Server: Luclin

Shaman Main

Postby Samanna » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:08 pm

Samanna

Veteran -----

Server: Prexus

Shaman Main

Postby Sowslow » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:05 pm

Sowslow

Server: The Rathe -> Quellious -> Povar

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Kianor » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:30 am

Before you do anything else: Mental Clarity, Cannibalization, you'll never look back.
Kianor

Veteran -

Server: Antonius Bayle

Shaman Main

Postby JemiS » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:01 pm

You didn't ask, but I would work on Katta faction/collecting orum and then get Lassitude at 72. 4 levels and some AAs should be great for grinding out the needed faction and currency.
JemiS

Ranger Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Veril » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:15 am

Spell Casting (Reinforcement) Mastery and Quick Buff should be very high on the list also, in addition to the other suggestions made here
Veril

Veteran -

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Drazeena » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:51 pm

Thank you for all your suggestions and links, I have gone for Metal Clarity 3, Canni and SCM3 at this stage.
Drazeena

Shadowknight Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Kianor » Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:56 am

Good choice. I bet you can notice the difference in how many more spells you can cast in a particular time, both in terms of having more mana and having more time to cast (thanks to cannibalization).
Kianor

Veteran -

Shaman Main

Postby Drazeena » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:58 am

I took on board all the advice here and I went along the line of:

run3
mnemonic retention
radiant cure 1
mentalclarity3
canni5
virulent paralysis 3
SCM 3
SCRM
Quick buff 2
Spirit call 1
Healing adept 4

Should I get some levels of Healing Gift now, or continue along the adept line? Or even do something different?
Drazeena

Shadowknight Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Sowslow » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:20 am

Usually the first 3 ranks of a new AA line give the most bang for the buck, so doing Healing Gift before the next rank of Adept will give a better return per aa spent. I have gone Adept being greater than Gift on most occasions, but you will need to work both. If you use HoT spells then the Boon line is nice to start also. Depending on how much you get hit or need hps, probably not much with the SK as a duo, you might want to look at the defensive AAs and Natural Durability.
Sowslow

Server: The Rathe -> Quellious -> Povar

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Vasei » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:29 am

As much as it wrecks my nerves, because I'm a completionist at heart, and like to finish buying one thing before I move on to another, I think ND3, combat agility 3, combat durability 3 give more bang than any other 9 points you can spend at this point.

Test Server
Primal Brood
Vasei

Shaman Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby Unmei » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:44 am

Unmei

Veteran --

Server: 7th Hammer

Enchanter Main

Postby Vasei » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:31 am

*wap* When will I learn to NOT post until the coffee is finished? I won't bother explaining the incomplete & jumbled thought process. General Brain Failure: Abort, Retry, Ignore

Re: being incomplete... that's why it bugs me so much! Three more abilities far far below being finished. I'm churning through CA now, because I can't stand that one staring at me anymore. ;)
Vasei

Shaman Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby fendaann » Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:22 pm

Sounds like your getting above 30 AA's so get

Call of the Wild (AA rez)
fendaann

Server: Quellious - POVAR

Wizard Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby Scalia » Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:07 pm

Tunare/E'ci: Scabon, 80 Shaman
Scalia

Server: Tunare (E'ci)

Shaman Main

Postby Brohg » Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:53 pm

I use it a dozen times every night I bet.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby zantocon » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:14 pm

Not a day goes by that I don't use call at least once. As for the cleric out living me? Odds are the cleric is gonna go down from healing aggro before I am, and someone is gonna have to keep the tank up. Shaman aren't shabby in that department at all. I've ressed many a cleric in Crystallos that healed too early or just got aggro somehow, or called someone to keep them from zoneing. It's very handy for that.

zantocon

Server: The Rathe

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Unmei » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:34 am

If you're -ever- planning to be the sole healer for an XP group, you need this ability. Nothing cripples a group like losing someone who then has to summon and run back.
Unmei

Veteran --

Server: 7th Hammer

Enchanter Main

Return to Spells & Abilities