[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Heals Broken?

Heals Broken?

Spell, Spell Quest, Aura, Totem and AA discussion.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

Heals Broken?

Postby Funi » Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:50 pm

A gild mate pointed out to me that heals where not healing as much as they should be and suggested that healing adept was broken. I removed any healing focus and cast minor heal on myself 90 times. 100% of my non-crit heals landed for 25. 100% of my crit heals landed for 45. I have 44 heal amount with the new SoF gear.

OK, maybe not healing adept but maybe heal amount?
Funi

Shaman Main

Re: Heals Broken?

Postby Tordail » Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:33 pm

I see a post on the EQ Live boards from a Druid:
"My druid is now healing 4701 damage with karana's renewal as opposed to 6037 before the patch. I'm also getting a message saying I'm taking 4701 damage instead of being healed for 4701 points. Other heals seem unaffected."

Thread is . Is that what you mean?
~
Tordail

Veteran -

Server: Luclin

Shaman Main

Postby Brohg » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:16 pm

mod3s only affect spells 76+
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Funi » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:19 am

Funi

Shaman Main

Postby Datzy » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:31 am

This seams to be happening to my Shaman friend also, had a regular group of people in SHIP, and Shaman was main healer(because he could), and and i was MT. After patch, he was having a very dificult time keeping up, but he was able to manage. Before patch it was cake, Wonder why the nerf?
Datzy

Shadowknight Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Oyvay » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:40 am

Last night in Loping plains, normal guild group, Normal tank etc
Druid main healer wearing praetorian noticed a drop in crit heals using Purvidia Rk1

normal crit 9500 to 10300...last night they were criting for 7900 to 8300 with a high of 8800.

Any suggestions on what caused this?
No gear changes and we had the same group Wed before the patch in the same zone.
Oyvay

Bard Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby Buzzuzu » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:33 pm

Did some parses and not only were heals down by at least 15% but so were DD. Brownie only critting for 6k. The must have either screwed up the mods or the reporting file during the patch to Mod the AAs.
Buzzuzu

Shaman Main

Postby Tordail » Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:09 pm

From

We're looking into the healing oddities. Best guess right now is that only one-half of a backend mechanics change ended up in the patch, which would explain why its fine on test but messed up on live. Should be pretty easy to verify if that's the case and then we'll figure out how to correct it ASAP.

Going to check into the message too. Heals should be reporting actual, not total, healing. Just more useful that way.

Rashere

----

Maddoc also posted:
Alright, we located an issue with percentage based heals, so we're working on getting that corrected currently. After having talked to a couple guilds worth of healers and parsed through the code, it looks like all other heals are being handled as normal (save the messaging oddities) currently -- If this is not true, let me know, and provide as many details as possible.
Tordail

Veteran -

Shaman Main

Postby Hecude Poison`Blood » Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:40 am

all night tonight in SHIP, me (40% to 80 focus) another shm (45%) and a druid (Also 45%) were healing for a couple hours. All our heals seemed to be down a couple thousand and critting a whole lot less. Before patch i would get 11k heals with my 40%, i was getting juat at 8200 max all night long. Other shm at 8900 tops and druid just at 10k tops with most heals say 80% of them a good 500-700 points lower than said maxes. Something is seriously borked with heals. Also my AI spell critted tops for 16k tonight and i have been getting 21k before patch, other shm and druid noticed same with their spells.

|____________________Click below for all your Anime Needs____________________|
Hecude Poison`Blood

Server: Fennin Ro

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Tordail » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:20 am

My heals were certainly healing for less last night. I got no crits above 10k. I got one crit on Ancestral Intervention for over 17k. :?
Tordail

Veteran -

Shaman Main

Postby Sadinna » Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:44 pm

I was the one who informed Funi, at the time, however, I had no idea what the problem was and couldn't explain it. All I knew for certain is that it's impossible for me to crit an 8k heal, yet I was doing so about half the time.

NOW I know.

Crit healing previously meant (For the sake of simplicity, assume no heal focus) Heal + Adept x 2 = Crit amount

So, a 3463 heal with 28% healing adept is 4433 x 2 = 8866.

With healing amount, my heal is 4545. So, even without a healing focus, my min heal crits are 9090. Really more, because my healing focus item has some heal amount on it.

So whats the problem? My crits are 8069. Add in my 70% to level 80 heal focus, I don't think I've broken any 11k heal crits when I have done 12k easily pre patch.

Heal x 2 + Adept = The New Crit atm, which seems pretty close in my math, and thus the issue. And oh, it' IS big issue, having to depend on crit heals to main heal...
Sadinna

Server: Xegony

Shaman Main
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby Palarran » Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:15 pm

Both the Heal Adept bonus and the focus effect bonus are not being doubled on a crit anymore. Rashere posted that it was NOT intentional, and would be fixed.
Palarran

Server: Tribunal

Postby Funi » Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:04 am

Funi

Shaman Main

Postby Tordail » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:13 pm

I have yet to see an answer from anybody regarding the fix for Fortified Intervention. If the Druid one is in there, I would imagine ours is also, but I *hate* assuming. That nobody will acknowledge it in spite of repeated requests is irritating.
Tordail

Veteran -

Shaman Main

Postby Veril » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:32 am

Tordail, it will take aproximatly 91 seconds after logging in to test if Fortified Intervention is broken.

It's simply not worth getting annoyed about the fact they have/haven't said.

It's fixed or it isn't. If it's not fixed, THEN get annoyed.
Veril

Veteran -

Server: Antonius Bayle

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Funi » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:44 am

Keep in mind this is the test server message. Most of this should go live but it is possible some of this won't.
Funi

Shaman Main

Postby Tordail » Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:12 am

Yes thank you both of you, I'm perfectly well aware of these things. :roll:
Tordail

Veteran -

Shaman Main

Postby Funi » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:45 am

I hit 12k almost 13k heals many times last night. I'm happy.
Funi

Shaman Main

Postby Fenier » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:50 pm

as a FYI both Druid and Shaman AA use the same code. If one gets changed they both do.
Fenier

Server: Cazic-Thule

Druid Main
Paladin - Alt/Box

Return to Spells & Abilities