[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Specific advice for some AA abilities, where on path?

Specific advice for some AA abilities, where on path?

Spell, Spell Quest, Aura, Totem and AA discussion.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

Specific advice for some AA abilities, where on path?

Postby Brokkem » Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:35 am

Brokkem

Server: The Nameless

Postby Brohg » Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:04 pm

Hiya Brokkem :)

If you're grouping "up", then definately prioritize survivability over healing things. What sticks out to me when grouping with folks that aren't on the same gear level isn't when their heals/nukes land for less, but when they crumple & die under slightest pressure from a mob. Anything you can do to ameliorate that effect would put you on a much more even footing with people on a higher tier of loot.

specifics:
Get Call of the Wild immediately. Like, buy no other aa first. Completely unique add-on utility for shaman at 70, something you're expected to have. The first time it's needed and you don't have it... will be bad. The next 5aa you can beg, borrow, or steal should be in this activated aa.

Quickbuff 2 & Quickbuff 3 are different goals. When your overall count is low, shuffling the most expensive rank of this down a few notches in priority is really advisable. Quickbuff 3 is a good AA, but the marginal utility is not the same as the first two ranks, for 9AA.

Combat Stability will be better once your gear has progressed some. Postpone it on out of this stage.

Your mana pool is not superduper, for the content you'll be tackling. Spiritual Channelling ... is well and soundly over-praised elsewhere, but will honestly be invaluable to you in doing MPG trials, doubling your contribution.

Healing Boon is nice, but not an essential core enhancement. Goes after survivability and real healing AA.

If I were to prioritize the list you have above, I'd come up with this order for AA:

Call of the Wild
Spiritual Channelling
Combat Agility 2 & 3
Quick Buff 2
Lightning Reflexes 1-5
Virulent Paralysis 1-3
Healing Stuff (Gift 2&3, Adept 1-3, Advanced both)
Ancestral Aid 1-3
Spell Casting Subtlety 1-3

**EDIT** on those: middle, second, first, and end, respectively.

On Subtlety, as it turns out, you have the biggest de-agro multiplier in the game already, called "crappy spell haste focus". The fact that your spells land slower does more to ameliorate agro than SCS 3 would, if your spells were faster. Not being sarcastic, this effect really makes Berserkers and Rangers mad, cause itemization is much more powerful than their Jolt spells/axes in controlling agro. Anyhow, as you gear up, SCS becomes somewhat more an issue, so that you can cast the debuffs early, and the damage in the middle, and the heals at the end, all without pulling agro. Not so much an issue when fights are over before you get to whatever you chose to do third.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Gloriana » Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:35 pm

My order:

Nearly game changing necessities

Call of the Wild (handiest AA, I rarely use it but am so happy when it's an option)
Ancestral Aid 3 (hello....group heal!. This is also great because it's inst cast. I got aggro in NC once, got stunned, down to about 20% health. I clicked AA and ran like hell for zone, healed up as I ran - made it!)
Spiritual channeling (God Can)
Virulent Parlysis 3 (at least 1, being able to push a mob away can be a lifesaver and a key to CC)
Spell casting subtlety 3

Then, this is just me - I love the healing AAs

Healing Adept 3
Adv. Healing Adept
I can't read Magelo at work - you have gift? LOVE GIFT

Defense is good

Combat Agility 3
Lightning Reflexes 5
Combat stability 3

Nice to haves

Quickbuff 3
Healing Boon 3

I bring you gold and silver moons,
And diamond stars, and mists that float.
Gloriana

Server: Erollisi Marr

Postby Caanus Grey » Wed Aug 17, 2005 5:44 pm

I have notived a large gain going from LR5 to RM5, so I would reccomend that, but first I would agree wholeheartedly, get CoTW, then get SC (or the other way around if you are talented at saving the AA between 9 and 12).

AA is a one ranker in my opinion. It starts at 273 a tick and caps at 330 a tick. Not enough of a gain to justify the points in it if you are still working on other much needed effects.
Caanus Grey
Emarr Shaman
Perpetually deceased
Caanus Grey

Server: Emarr

Re: Specific advice for some AA abilities, where on path?

Postby Scowls » Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:38 am

Scowls

Veteran -

Server: Prexus (TerrisThule)

Postby Brokkem » Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:22 pm

Brokkem

Feedback

Postby Brokkem » Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:46 am

Brokkem

Postby Scowls » Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:58 am