[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Best Way to Get 69 and 70 Runes

Best Way to Get 69 and 70 Runes

Spell, Spell Quest, Aura, Totem and AA discussion.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

Best Way to Get 69 and 70 Runes

Postby Gloriana » Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:14 pm

Tordail Farstryder

The best strategy, IMO ... go make a group in RSS and don't come out until you have what you want. I don't know what kind of a shaman you have (I can't open Magelos, I hate this computer). But if his gear is solid and such, you can grab up a CC'er and some DPS'ers and go to it with you as main healer. If you don't want to MH while boxing the tank, grab a cleric/druid or someone. You will end up with your 69/70 runes rather quickly with a decent group.

My favorite camp for runes was always the Statue camp on the fire side (all the way at the top of the stairs near Queen Pyrilonis). Two named spawn there, Researcher and Summoner, and you will usually get runes off these guys. You will also get +70 HP augs (you can have four of these). My other favorite camp for runes was Riftseeker / Balancer ... which is just down the hall from Statue.

If you work hard enough at it, you will get a great many of your spells in a short time. I got almost every single one of my spells from RSS groups (one from a raid).

Roadsquash

mpg/Rs is what you gonna have to do to get runes but i think you knew that already if you can't find a group in either, form one and try to get The Odi in MPG great for runes BH/TF is also good but not as good and if you can get in riftseekers loads of runes drop there

Scowls1

RSS...and stay out of the bazaar, its full of ripoffs. Its just as easy to get gear drops that are far better and alot more xp/aa by killing stuff.

on prexus its called queen camp (researcher on TT) all the way at the top of the steps.
also theres Rifts camp (in the room where pyrylian riftseeker pops, can pull upwards of 6 named here
Stonesinger (ICE side) is also failry productive, and can drop a clicky HP buff for melees. on the map he is directly below rift camp (down stairs, 3rd left turn, go all the way down around a turn and you see the room, its all Ice guys and 1 fat girplan (PH), chil in hall, watching roamers, then kill them when you can, pull room out and clear...basically you kinda pull to inside the room near where the girplan spawns, then before he repops move over some and then back after hes dead, no adds that way. can get 3-4 named here.

personally i like "Rift" camp. Riftseeker himself can spawn in 3 or 4 locations in the room...he can, and has spawned serval times a round. plus the other named in the room, named chimera, named aenuek, and others. As with any camp, named can be stubborn at times, but for your time, this is a good bet

Brohg

RSS groups are "the right way" to get 69/70 runes, but the 1-2 hours thing is going to get in your way. With the specific issue that you only get to see two(ish) repops on placeholders that you clear in that time, even if you set up and kill in the first 5min from logging on. It's still doable, if the camps are open with a couple people lfg. You could duo named in MPG, WoS, or RCoD, of course, but then your chances at a Greater/Glowing rune when a rune drops go way down.

If perhaps you have a regular group of friends who're up to a moderate challenge, then killing a static spawn like Murglider School Leader would fix your 69s really quick.

Exeley

I've gotten most of my runes from Misery in MPG. Not as heavily camped as statue in RSS and level 69 an 70 runes seem to drop reasonably frequently. Also, not too far away is Bluespark and while it's not common, he does drop 69 runes from time to time.

7ekno

The casual nature can make rune hunting difficult ...

Another option to consider are the MPG group trials .... from group creation to trial win usually runs the 60-70mins (although runes aren't always dropped) .... it has the advantage of possible gear upgrades too ...

If grouping is out of the question, then 2 boxing at places like Bluespark (named in MPG to the north) and the Tactics Area (also an area in MPG to the south east) can get rune drops to 70 (have seen 70 runes rarely off both camps) ....

Blaktip

Want 70 runes?? Farm MPG trails... I'd say about a 75% drop rate for a 15 min trial. There is a close to 2 hr lockout time between trials but with a solid grp you can hit 2-3 a day and runes will be rotting in no time.

Emmhim

I have done about 15 MPG trails, and 5 of these dropped a rune. I know that 15 is too low to get a good estimate on the chance of a rune drop, but I would definitely make it less than 75% - max 50%.
Gloriana

Server: Erollisi Marr

Postby Naagruz » Sat Aug 06, 2005 11:26 am

MPG trials are definitely below 75% drop rate on runes IMO.

I heard someone in chat (Aruman?) talking about how you can repeat the PoS fight for epic 2.0 to farm 69s by not looting the bit. Can anyone elaborate?
Naagruz, Retired Frikkin Troll Shaman of Xegony
<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=449978">Doing less with more mana since 99'
Naagruz

Postby Lickity » Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:42 pm

I would say the trials are about 30-50% drop rate from doing them. But it still far superior to the wipe rate in RSS with pickup groups, and you probably can pick up a few upgrades as well.
Lickity

Server: Kane Bayle Refugee (Prexus)

Shaman Main
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby Gloriana » Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:48 pm

Gloriana

Server: Erollisi Marr

Postby Telosk » Sat Aug 06, 2005 1:28 pm

[url=http://www.tunare-europa.co.uk/tide/]
Image [/url]
Telosk

Server: Antonius Bayle (born and bred)