[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - New to DoN, confused...

New to DoN, confused...

Questions about quests with rewards for everyone. See class areas for Epic and other Class-Specific quests.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

New to DoN, confused...

Postby Tobyus » Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:27 am

I took an extended break from the game and just came back a few days ago. I went to the store looking for Depths of Darkhollow, but couldn't find it so I picked up Dragons of Norrath instead (It was a really long break). I am level 62 and I saw that there were a few spells available from the Norrath's Keepers merchant that I could already use, if I could get some Radiant Crystals. I asked around and found out that I needed to work up my faction before I could talk to the Norrath's Keepers mission people, so I started my first task at the Alliance camp. I finished it with the help of a nice level 70 ranger and I didn't receive a token or crystals, so I asked the ranger what I did wrong and she said that she didn't think I would start getting crystals until I started doing tasks at the actual Norrath's Keepers camp.

Now, what I am confused about is that I have read that you can't start Norrath's Keepers missions until you are 65, but there are spells and items for people that could be used as early as the 40's and 50's. How do those people earn the crystals (other than buying them)?

Sorry if this has been answered before, I just didn't see much information about this anywhere.

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.
Tobyuz
70 Barbarian Shaman
Tobyus

Server: Erollisi Marr

Postby MLE » Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:32 am

If you look at the pull-down menus in this forum, the first one on the left has a DoN Progression option. Go there for an excellent guide on how to get yourself started.
MLE

Postby Tobyus » Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:36 am

Well, after reading both walk-throughs (the Interrealms version for the second time). I still don't see any mention of a level requirement to being able to get crystals, but I did see where someone mentioned that once your faction gets to a certain point you can no longer do solo missions. I also saw something that seemed to indicate that you only get crystals for group missions.

I am still not sure whether it is possible to get crystals from doing missions prior to 65.

They are nice walkthroughs if you are level 70 :)
Tobyus

Postby Samanna » Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:37 pm

Samanna

Veteran -----

Server: Prexus

Shaman Main

Postby Tobyus » Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:13 pm

Tobyus

Postby Samanna » Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:20 pm

Samanna

Veteran -----

Shaman Main

Postby Tobyus » Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:21 pm

Tobyus

Postby Andras » Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:12 pm

You can get DoN missions starting at lvl 45 I believe. You *do* need three folks at least in your group to get the missions and you must be within 10 levels of each other.

62 is a good level to be at because you can group with Level 70s on a DoN mission. The level of the mobs is determined by the average level of all members in the group. If you group with a bunch of 70s, the mobs will all be red to you, you won't be able to contribute much until you get the 61 level damage proc spell (Spirt of Leopard) which cost 120 crystal. (either Ebon or Radiant crystals, just needs to be total 120 of one or the other). You need to finish around 4-5 missions to get enough crystals for this spell.

Having this changes everything. :cool:

XP in a group with a bunch of level 70s when you are level 62 is obscene. Like 3+ yellow bubbles per DoN mission.

Andras
Andras

Server: E. Marr

Postby Brohg » Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:13 pm

No crystals from those solo tasks. Crystals only come from group or raid missions, which only come from Keepers or Reign camps. There are no solo tasks with crystals as a reward.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Joril » Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:14 pm

the alliance camp you are talking about is actually a introductory camp. its for those that want to switch camps or dont start off high enough in the appropriate camp.

you can be either good (norrathe keepers, earns radiant crystals) or bad (dark reign, earns ebon crystals).

if your faction isnt high enough to get missions in either camp, then you have to do the solo missions from the introductory camp (lots of different names floating around for this). once these npcs will no longer give you missions, then you have enough faction to head to either the good or bad side and get group missions.

just becareful which npcs you get the solo missions from. there are good and bad faction quests at the same camp. last time i was there they were all labeled as good missions, when in fact they are not. there is a post around here somewhere that tells you which npcs give good quests and which give bad quests.

as has been stated already, once you can do the group missions you will start getting crystals and a faction token. the tokens can be turned into the the npc that sells the gear you buy with crystals. i dont remember the good camps npc name, but he is in center of camp. just try to buy from him, if you get a list of gear and how many crystals you have, thats the guy to hand your token to, for more faction.

just fyi, you need to be indifferent to get the group missions. most people tend to go with the good camp, so that might make it easier to find groups. Also, if someone who has indifferent faction or above gets the mission, you can join the group and get the crystals and faction token for completeing it. you will just have to turn the token in at the nuetral camp.
Joril

Postby Andras » Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:17 pm

Andras

Server: E. Marr

Postby Tobyus » Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:32 pm

Awesome, thanks for all the information :) You all have really gotten me excited about these missions (and that spell :twisted: ). A friend of mine mentioned something about there being limits to the number of crystals you can hold at once, depending on your faction. I hate to keep asking questions, but is this true? If so, it makes sense, similar to LDON and how you had to earn all the points you needed at one camp before you could spend points from other camps at that particular camp. If it does work this way, is there a good chart or place to see how many crystals you can hold at each faction level?

Thanks again all!
Tobyus

Postby Samanna » Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:18 pm

Samanna

Veteran -----

Shaman Main

Postby Brohg » Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:14 pm

No limit on crystal accumulation. Known folks with over 10k at a time.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Return to Quests!