[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Veeshan's Peak? (and other 65'ish content I missed)

Veeshan's Peak? (and other 65'ish content I missed)

Questions about quests with rewards for everyone. See class areas for Epic and other Class-Specific quests.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

Veeshan's Peak? (and other 65'ish content I missed)

Postby Vasei » Thu May 22, 2008 11:25 am

I know this place is not really worth the effort, in all likelihood - strictly risk-vs-reward-wise, but I'm wondering if it'd be doable to any extent, with an 80 shaman and 65 war (with 65 wiz/clr bots). Obviously some faction work to do if we want the quests, but I wondered how re-tuned the zone was when they overhauled it (a year or so ago?).

It seems like DoN is the logical next step (after we've exhausted our tolerance for AA grinding in the BoT hotzone deliciousness), and I was contemplating a couple of the monster missions, since we missed that entirely, too (also I think it'd be fun to loot the upgrades for the 65's, rather than bazaar em).

Since we're keeping those guys at 65 for a bunch of aa, and also so we can see some of the content we missed (which is just about everything from GoD onward) - anything else particularly fun you guys remember that's not gonna squish the 65's? (I love how well the warr can tank with lassitude) I've read the overview in the desk links, and have seen some of the zones with guildies off and on, but just curious about juicy tidbits people remember.

Test Server
Primal Brood
Vasei

Shaman Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Re: Veeshan's Peak? (and other 65'ish content I missed)

Postby Merkreus » Thu May 22, 2008 9:26 pm

I remember it as the end zone of Kunark and played around in there killing named in that capacity. It was a visually neat zone, at the time. Crystallos makes me think of original VP. I have not set foot in it since they revamped it back in 2004 or 2005, whenever that was.

Does anyone know exactly how it changed?
Merkreus- Officer of Drunks on Quellious
Merkreus

Server: Quellious

Shaman Main
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Fri May 23, 2008 1:19 am

All of the older boss loot has been moved to regular exp named with PHs. The bosses are much more difficult now (Xygoz in particular because of the unresistable fear), but double as quest mobs. As mentioned, the zone itself is really cool aesthetically.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Vasei » Fri May 23, 2008 7:43 am

Sounds like nobody's really hit it with intent since the revamp. I'll report back if I get that adventurous, but I'm suspecting this isn't going to be the 80 shaman solo playground I had vague hopes for. ;)
Vasei

Shaman Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Fri May 23, 2008 7:58 am

An 80 shm should be able to solo everything except bosses. An exceptionally geared 80 shm with a boatload of AA can probably solo every boss except Xygoz.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Saintsaens » Fri May 23, 2008 2:28 pm

My previous guild actually raided both VP 1.0 before the revamp and 2.0 right after the revamp. I believe we only tried Hoshkar though, and he was a lot more difficult than previously (although we were PoP geared and level 70 at the time, so nowadays it would be a lot different). There are also some new named mobs that drop some new loot, and as previously mentioned, the old boss loot. I haven't been back to the zone within the past however many years (2?) it's been since VP was revamped though.
Saintsaens Sacre`Coeur
Lvl 100 Holy Defender
Officer/Assistant RL, Sol Invictus, The Tribunal

Formerly
Saintsaens Sacre`Coeur
Lvl 65 Paladin
Officer, Splintered Essence
Vulak`Aerr

Formerly
Lvl 52 Crusader
Archaic Arbitrators, Tallon Zek
Saintsaens

Server: Bristlebane

Paladin Main

Postby Vasei » Fri May 23, 2008 3:13 pm

It always kind of bothered me that I never saw this zone, and I've been reading through some of the solo kill brag threads to see what else I can visit that I didn't see when it was raidable (Seru, PoW, many others). Looks like ST might be groupable, if not soloable? Never saw the zone with a raid, so I'm not sure what the sticking points would be to wandering in there.
Vasei

Shaman Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby dohrian » Sat May 24, 2008 7:07 am

, Master alchemist / baker / brewer / fletcher / jeweler / potter / smith / tailor
dohrian

Server: Karana -> Ayonae Ro -> Tribunal -> Bristle

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Sat May 24, 2008 3:28 pm

You're lucky that you got that far, Dohrian. Most people die and lose their corpse for a week.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby dohrian » Sun May 25, 2008 3:01 pm

dohrian

Server: Karana -> Ayonae Ro -> Tribunal -> Bristle

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Sun May 25, 2008 7:49 pm

Apparently dying while charmed through the walls does it. It's happened to half a dozen folks I know with Xygoz specifically.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Druegar » Mon May 26, 2008 11:36 am

How does one get past the locked doors to Xygoz? illustrates the two locked doors to get to him. I was attempting to 3-box my way to him and got to the door just North of Hoshkar's Lair (but on the upper level) and was not able to open it. Are there keys that are dropped or must one bring a rogue?

Does Xygoz's fear effect bypass the Fearless AA?
Druegar

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Peaky » Mon May 26, 2008 10:08 pm

Peaky

Server: The Tribunal

Paladin Main

Postby Druegar » Fri May 30, 2008 11:12 pm

Druegar

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Fri May 30, 2008 11:25 pm

Kill all others to enter Phara Dar's lair.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Peaky » Sat May 31, 2008 1:18 pm

Peaky

Server: The Tribunal

Paladin Main

Postby Constant » Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:32 am

Yeah ok.. I actually went thru the whole registration process to say there are locked doors on the way to Xygoz. if you are keyed for VP then you prolly dont have to worry about the doors. big wooden F'n doors all thru the zones.. i mean seriously i blaze thru all the Dragons that are up and reachable.. then.. door after door after door that wont let me thru.. hell i even logged onto my 90 shaman and tried to VP a mob thru the door to get summoned like i used to in SSRA to get past locked doors... someone who knows the answers help us when we ask a simple question.
Constant

Shadowknight Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Rogue - Alt/Box

Postby Ughbash » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:45 pm

Tunares' Froggie Shaman,
Hipitey Hop [Watchkeepers]
Ughbash

Veteran --

Server: tunare

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Samanna » Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:12 pm

Samanna

Veteran -----

Server: Prexus

Shaman Main

Postby Brohg » Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:28 pm

Seems like a smart guy, I'm sure he rethought presenting himself so poorly after all the effort to join our helpful community.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Samanna » Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:59 pm

I'm sure that's it.
Samanna

Veteran -----

Server: Prexus

Shaman Main

Return to Quests!