[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Question about the Plane of Storms fight from 2.0

Question about the Plane of Storms fight from 2.0

Questions about quests with rewards for everyone. See class areas for Epic and other Class-Specific quests.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

Question about the Plane of Storms fight from 2.0

Postby Fudapuda » Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:03 am

I'm having huge problems with this encounter, and I hope somebody here has a better idea of exactly how it works than I do (since I can't find any good writeup of it).

I reached this point in the quest, and went to the zone to check out the mob. Back of zone, nameless tree, sit and wait. At 3AM, sure enough, the tree spirit spawned, along with his helper trees, and of course slaughtered me, since I was standing there solo. Fine, just wanted to see how it works.

Went back a few days later, while trying to get people in tells to come help, and tree spawned again, right on schedule. But I never got the force there to make the kill (its amazing how much people hate Plane of Storms).

Finally got a couple of groups together a few weeks later, we get to the back wall by midnight, and we sit. And sit. Nameless tree is standing there, but the named never spawns. Waited until 6AM, and gave up.

Fast forward to this past weekend. Have 14 people this time, and get there by 10pm game time. No tree at all, named or nameless. But the tree was definitely up 2 hours earlier, because I had a spy sitting there watching it. It had despawned. But we wait anyway. 3AM, 4AM, 5AM, nothing. Tree never repops.

This has got to be the stupidest epic mob in the game. To stick an encounter in the back of what may be the most hated zone in the game, which requires (I'm told) 2 groups to kill, put it on a once-per-gameday timer, and have it stay up for only 2 hours IF it bothers to spawn at all, and IF the encounter isn't bugged, which seems to happen a lot, is just BS.

Does anyone know anything more about this than what I'm already working with? Feedback might help me keep my sanity, and more importantly, give my guildmates and friends a bit more incentive to show up again sometime before the Sleeper comes back to destroy the world.

Fudapuda
Fudapuda

Postby Brohg » Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:55 pm

Two hours real time, Fuda, not game time. And you have to approach to spawn it, the spirits don't pop out automatically to randomly murder druids exping on frogs.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby GheffGutterbrains » Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:40 pm

What my can do for you!
GheffGutterbrains

Server: Luclin (Veeshan)

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box