[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Valdeholm Faction(s) ?

Valdeholm Faction(s) ?

Questions about quests with rewards for everyone. See class areas for Epic and other Class-Specific quests.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

Valdeholm Faction(s) ?

Postby Finori » Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:52 pm

While scouting out Valdeholm I managed to pick up 2-3 quests while being dubious with the giants outside the walls. One of which I completed and received . I also noticed that there are half a dozen more quest givers. Now I also have picked up a . From all I read, the powersources to upgrade that armor drop in Valdeholm. But I presume hunting in Valdeholm will quickly ruin even the dubious faction. How is that supposed to work? Am I to choose between aligning with Valdeholm and getting ?
Finori

Postby Tugela » Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:34 pm

Prexus
Tugela

Warrior Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Finori » Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:14 pm

Finori

Postby Xodar » Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:53 pm

Plainswalker Xodar
officer <Bhur Gcairde>
Xodar

Postby Maitz » Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:49 am

Maitz

Server: Antonius Bayle

Necromancer Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Kellenial » Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:23 am

, Spiritwalker of the Tribunal

Tunare Server
Kellenial

Server: Tunare

Postby Filobeto » Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:19 am

After I completed the Runed Diamond task (awhile ago) I was assigned the Orcish Dissension (I think that was the name). I completed this task and I'm still Dubious to Wraithguard Leadership. I'm Apprehensive to the normal Wraithguard.

I few others in my normal group have completed the same tasks that I have (Armor Supplies, Runic Ivory, Runed Diamond) and they can NOT get the Orc task. They are Dub to WL and App or Indif to regular.

Unfortunately I can not get any tasks (repeats or otherwise) given my current factions. Nor can they.

Can anyone confirm that there was a recent change to the Wraithguard and Wraithguard Leadership Factions?

Now what? Do I head back to Frostcrypt and pray the rares spawn to get hits for Leadership faction?
Sunburnt Dmize - 75 Druid <Shadow Congress>
Filobeto

Server: D-Ro

Postby Xodar » Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:59 am

Xodar

Postby Filobeto » Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:39 pm

Thank you for the reply.

The blues that we have killed give Wraithguard, not Wraithguard Leadership (we were in the huge room to the NE) - I believe only the named will give the Leadership hits though I can't confirm.

Thus our problem: we can not get any new tasks - they can't get the Orc task that I got long ago - with the same level of faction, or in some cases higher faction than mine (one in our group parsed 230+ faction kills in FC and is now indiff to regular Wraithguard and can not get any new tasks).

In most cases, the givers will offer me the [text] but will respond that they have nothing for someone with my abilitites. It seems that FC is the only way possible for any of us to raise our faction now. I have read that you need amaible or ally faction with the Leadership for certain tasks, but I'm not finding a way to raise it. What level of faction is now needed to progress, since there appears to have been a change? :?

Thank you again.
Filobeto

Postby Dakota » Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:46 pm

Orcish Dissention was recently nerfed. It now requires you to have Apprehensive faction in order to get it, same as all the other Wraithguard Leadership tasks.

The only way to get Wraithguard Leadership faction high enough to get the other tasks is to complete Shade's Bane. Shade's Bane is issued by the same NPC who gives Runic Ivory and Armor Supplies. Dubious with Wraithguard isn't enough to get that task, you'll need to complete other tasks and/or kill in FC to get your Wraithguard faction high enough.

Would you do me a favor, and check back with that NPC at each faction level? Trying to compile a writeup for Frostcrypt progression, and I need to know at what faction Shade's Bane becomes avaliable.

***Edit***

And to answer your earlier question, killing in Valdeholm, for the most part, won't affect Wraithguard or Wraithguard Leadership faction. Inside the big doors to the city, any giant inside is fair game. Outside, they're all on the Good Guys faction, so you don't want to kill them. For the most part, if the mob has 'Wraithguard' in it's name, don't touch it.
Dakota

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Filobeto » Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:53 pm

Filobeto

Postby Dakota » Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:07 pm

Dakota

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Fandele Longtooth » Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:28 am

I know for a fact that Shade's Bane is available at amiable with Wraithguard. I did the ancient tomes quest once, the icefall bear pelt quest once, and the frostcrypt waypoint quest once, and spent about 6 hours killing shades in frostcrypt to get to this point. The runic ivory quest supposedly gives wraithguard faction too, but by the time i got around to it, i didn't need it anymore. I'm now working on Shade's Bane myself, and I've heard from a few different sources that amiable to wraithguard is indeed the minimum faction necessary. I know that I checked when I was at indifferent and still wasn't able to get it.

And I have seen the named mobs inside frostcrypt give leadership faction, but they're few and far between.

There's also the quests from the skellies that pop near the zone in that supposedly give leadership faction, but i haven't seen one since I learned about the quests, so i can't comment on any necessary faction to actually request it.
Fandele Longtooth

Server: Zebugony

Shaman Main
Rogue - Alt/Box

Postby Frakass » Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:19 am

Frakass

Server: Antonius Bayle

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Filobeto » Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:38 am

Filobeto