Blood of Nadox quest

Questions about quests with rewards for everyone. See class areas for Epic and other Class-Specific quests.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

Blood of Nadox quest

Postby Lestumpette » Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:05 pm

Hi all,

I got motivated to pick up my spell: Blood of Nadox yesterday and I followed the excellent guide in the Medicine cabinet by Scalia and using Tangurena's map. I also thought it would a good opportunity for me to become familiar with the Epic 1.5 mob nearby.

My comment is in regard to getting A Blackend Vial from the Broken Skull Adherents and Initiates, I admit to being hopeless at green pet pulling which is what the guide suggests doing for this part of the quest. My pet died each time I tried and a room full of hate-filled mobs came pouring forth to scare the fat white bear away. At 67 these guys are about 50/50 LB/DB and more than 4 of them are pretty much terminal for me. There are 14 mobs in the pulling area that will happily agro all at once if you aren't careful. There also seems to be a Named on the entry that isn't mentioned in the guide who has more HPs than regular Adherents and Initiates.

Even before trying this I questioned how I was going to deal with one that managed to get a gate off (the guide says they gate) .. not a nice thought I noticed while I was scouting that nothing sees invis in that area, so I tried invising up to them and fighting them at their spawn locations. I was a bit worried about the agro radius before I attempted this but it worked out well for the 4 mobs in each corner of the room that stand along each wall on top of the stairs. There seems to be some line-of-sight agro issues that I just don't understand. My pet could chomp away at the mob and be almost standing on the toes of the mob in the next alcove and it won't agro, but if I edge my way out from the wall till I can see the mob, it agroes on me - that's about twice the distance away from the mob as my pet is when fighting - I don't profess to understand agro laws so some of you might say this is to be expected so ..

However, me and my pet's agro radius is beside the point. If you suck at pet pulling like I do, you can invis up, and go sit under the mobs nose with your back into the corner (shrink would no doubt help at lower levels). Sick pet, slow, innate proc pet, dot and occasionally click Pet Backoff to avoid pushing the mob down the stairs. I didn't test letting pet push it too far for obvious reasons.

After killing the four corner mobs you can speed up killing by trying to pick singles from the remaining 8 spawns. This was OK for me but sometimes I got two, which isn't dangerous at 67, but at 65 or less might be a terrible disaster. A Blackened Vial dropped for me after killing about 16 or so mobs using this method.

Good luck to other shaman adding this important spell to your book.

Lestumpette
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=292486

EDIT: oops sorry Samanna .. this is supposed to be in Spell & Abilities section.
Lestumpette

Server: Tunare

Shaman Main

Return to Quests!