[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Epic 2.0 quest fights

Epic 2.0 quest fights

Questions about quests with rewards for everyone. See class areas for Epic and other Class-Specific quests.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

Epic 2.0 quest fights

Postby Gloriana » Sun Aug 07, 2005 4:56 pm

Frogshm

Preparing the information needed to start my epic 2.0 now. Was wondering if a few of our shamans who have done the epic 2.0 all the way through could shed some light on the following fights for me. I am looking for stats of the fight like what it hits for, AEs, adds, etc, and how many you were able to do it with, as well as how easy/hard it was with those numbers. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1) Kod'Taz - Ikaav Spiritstealer

Mezzes, need a bit more Info on the AE, anyone catch the name of the AE?

Need info on how hard she hits and if its double/triple/quad. Slowable? Any Rampage/Flurry?

2) Plane of Storms - Darkened Chanting Woodspirit
3) Noble's Causeway - Murkglider School Leader
4) Ruined City of Dranik - Bloated Girplan
5) Muramite Proving Grounds - Distilled Lightning Warrior
6) Wall of Slaughter - Discordling Spiritcaller

If we can get a lot of this info sorted out this would be a great thing to sticky for all shamans to see. Nobody likes asking 50 people to come kill a groupable mob or asking 6 people to come kill a raid mob etc.... I am quite sure I am not the only one looking for this info to be consolidated.

Aruman

1. One groupable (bring 2 to be safe)
2. 4-5 groups if you don't cheese it.
3. One group
4. 2-3 groups
5. Not sure... whooped it with a raid force on the way to a trial. I think maybe 3-4 groups, mostly because of adds?
6. I'd advise a full raid (mostly because I don't know how well your guild is geared).

Up to you to figure out the strategy for each. I don't do spoilers. Have some fun with the events!

Mocho

This might be a old thread but seeing as no one posted info here it is from when I did them.
AE ramp for like 100ish no worries about meleeing
AE is Ikkiv Venom (same as Tacvi North snake)
2 BoN to cure it.
Hit for roughly 1500ish 1 cleric with about a 15k pally had no trouble.
I don't think it mezzed anyone.
I'd say about 1 group for this, to be safe it's pretty easy kill though.
I took about 13 people for this, I had a Bard split the named to get it single.
Has some AE that did a bit of damage, nothing to worry about. Has some AE stun for about 2-3 secs. About a 15k buffed tank to be safe, and about 2 clerics with some decent dps. He ramps, although i don't remember if AE or not. Has single target snare.
If you can't get single and need to get the 6 adds. Hit for about 1500 single.i'd recomomend atleast 24 people Qvic+
Dispells itself IE can't dot,slow etc,hit for about 1100 max,Memblurs itself so i'd recomend 1 cleric,1 tank and a another melee with decent HP because they WILL get hit. But this mob is pretty easy. Fyi, if the normal 1 is up you MUST kill it then pop the triggered one who's the exact same just drops part for epic.
Had pally,2 rangers,cleric,chanter,mage,me all in CoA/Tacvi mana drain isn't hard to resist 350 disease, 1 BoN cures, only casted 2 time in fight so guessing about 2 mins HUGE AE range can't avoid it. 1200 was max hit, AE ramp for about 600ish so ranged DPS is good. AE stun 2-3 sec and did about 1300 damage.
Had a ranger,chanter,cleric,me. Was pretty easy. 2 adds that hit for 500ish chanter got them locked down pretty quick (they ramp). Named is pretty resistant to everything Balance lands though. Hit for about the same as a normal lighting lvl 70 just didn't flurry.
Planning to do this for me tonight so I can post what it took, when I did it before we had about 30ish was pretty easy.

Did him now and got 2.0. Had 22 people, was a rough kill, him and the 2 Feran's are leashed, the Feran's leash is VERY short and leaching them is BAD because it resets agro. Off tank them with a Pally/SK think they hit for about 800ish don't need much healing, Warrior on named, has a AE mana drain and -1500 to mana pool, -150 mana per tick, casted to often to cure effectivly. AE ramp, decent DPS probaly hits for around 1500ish, i'd say 1 cleric per off tank and about 4 or 5 on MT depending on your gear though, burn the named down asap and then kill the adds. I'd recommend atleast 30 people, or else it could go either way.

taraddar

) Kod'Taz - Ikaav Spiritstealer
Wasnt hard. Biggest challenges are the ae and potentially having your tank mezed. I'd bring 2 or 3 groups of descently geared people with 2 tanks. Kill him quickly and it's not bad. I didn't really have much luck resisting the ae even with a bard.

As long as you successfully split him from the adds it's not hard. Did with 3 groups with out much trouble. Took 2 tries. First try didn't quite get things split and had 2 adds with him and tank went ld. Spawn/despawn crap is annoying tho.

Exact same thing as the normal one just no loot other than epic peice. Easily 1 or 2 groupable for most.

Haven't gotten to him yet. Sounds pretty easy with a bard to resist ae and/or shaman to cure groups.

Should be easily one groupable. Rolled over him with raid but was basically a regular lightning warrior with 2 weak adds.

Gloriana

Server: Erollisi Marr

Postby Rivitingribbit » Mon Aug 08, 2005 3:42 am

Now that I am finished with my 2.0 here is the info I have from my logs....

Seems to attack 8 times per round (at least when rampaging). Also should note I was on ramp for the fight and out of the 2 times it ramp'd on me it had 16 swings, 5 misses, 11 hits, and a high hit of 211.....

Max Hit: 895
Rampages, Enrages, No Flurry
AE: (Every 30 Seconds)

Ok, as you zone in, if you head down the ramp your first split in the road will lead you either right or forward, go forward, take the next right and before the path bends to the left (on the right wall) the trigger mob will be near a rock. To the north(iirc) a ways is where the Ikaav spawns.

Max Hit: 1400
Flurries, Enrages, No Rampage
AE: (Every 30 seconds)

Spawns Six adds...

Max Hit: 590
No Flurry, No Rampage, No Enrage

You zone in and your in the ocean area, take the underwater tunnel to the forest section of the zone and run straight out of the tunnel until you hit a wall, the trigger mob (a tree with no name at all) should be right along the wall, if you get to close it will trigger (and despawns fast, 2 or 3 min or so)

Was dead before I got back to the raid...this is doable with a group, the only word of warning I will give is that it seems the also prevents HP updates and forces people to ask for heals etc. So just be aware of that if you go the single group route. If you go with a raid then you more then likely will not get back to the spawn point before the raid has it dead.

Almost straight out from the WoS/NC zone line in NC. Can be hard to see as it is a little outlet in the wall on the opposite side of the "canal". Some maps have it marked and most people in zone can show you where it is. If the real Schooleader is up, need to kill it before you can trigger your fake epic version. The trigger mob to trigger the fight is immediatly left and down when your coming out of the tunnel to WoS in NC, no mobs should be close enough to aggro.

Max Hit: 1241
AE Rampage(Max Ramp hit is 641), No Flurry, Enrages
(Every 1 Minute)
(Only got it off on us once)

Hard to explain this location, most maps have it marked, the only notes I will add is to be careful of see invisi on the way to the location and be pateint with the spawn, it was up when i got there but another shm in my guild had to wait a while for Bloated to show his ugly face.

Spawned 2 adds when activated...

Lightning Warrior Spiritseeker
Max Hit: 995
Enrages, No Rampage, No Flurry
AE: (He only got one of them off on us)

Adds:

a Lightning warrior spiritsapper
Max Hit:699
Rampage, No Flurry, No Enrage

a Lightning warrior spiritreaper
Max Hit:615
No Rampage, No Flurry, No Enrage

Act as if your going to the realms trial area and you will run into this guy, shouldn't be able to miss him unless your blind! He isn't too far from the RSS zoneline either.

EDIT: Ok did this fight for a fellow shaman recently....

Discordling Spiritcaller
Max Hit: 1418
Enrages, Rampages, No Flurry
AEs: (60 second recast)
Single Targ Effect: (60 Second re-use.

Adds spawn during the fight and both them and Spiritcaller are leashed to there room pretty tightly so you can run out if you need to get away from an add.

A spiritbound feran (add)
Max Hit: 1274
Flurry, No Rampage, No Enrage(that i saw, but sort of odd)
AEs: (Gets spammed by adds, so pretty much everyone will have it all the time)

He appears to keep spitting out new adds the longer the fight goes on, so plan accordingly.

the spawn location is very close to Pyrique Redwing, if you would be taking a left into Pyrique Redwing's alcove instead keep going to the T intersection and take the 2nd left into that alcove. Thats where it will spawn. If this is confusing, just position your raid outside Pyrique Redwing's room and have them track to the guy once you spawn it, won't be hard to find and the mobs that are part of the event are leashed so can still split the normal trash mobs super easy.

The trigger mob on the other hand requires you to kill one mob or risk getting aggro. If I were you I would go find the location of the trigger mob well in advance to when you think you might be getting raid support and mark it on the map. The location is -889, 150.

Good Luck and please post anything new or changed as you complete the quest or even just that part of the quest.
Last edited by Rivitingribbit on Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Soothsayer
Rivitingribbit

Server: The Nameless

Postby Rivitingribbit » Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:05 pm

Rivitingribbit

Server: The Nameless

Postby Swobu_AB » Sat Aug 20, 2005 11:15 am

Having done all of these in the last week for my Spiritstaff with various guildies (CoA/Tacvi/Vishi geared)

Single group, SK tank, Cleric, Chanter, Druid and Twink Warrior trivial fight, mezzed the SK once. Easily slowed with Malos and Tash.

Tried with 10 people and no split, adds ate us (including one server wide top 5 warrior and 3 clerics)
Single group with a monk and Ranger split. Trivial kill stun/spin AE 1 cleric and me healing, didn't land slow since no tash or HoS.

Single group with Twink Warrior and Cleric, Main chanter, Main and Twink Rogues mem wipes itself and removes all debuffs multiple adds which the rogues annihilated, bit rough due to boxing, but simple enough.

1.5 groups 2 rogues, twink warrior, 2 shammies, chanter, Cleric, Mage. Longish fight AE mana drain curable by Nadox not all that frequent. Simple win with no deaths and mana to spare. Pull the room first obviously. Slowable.

Same group as Girplan, Trigger, target, tag with Malos slow main and chanter mezzed adds simple kill.

Had 30+ of us on the way to Anguish and we were a bit slap happy and shoddy. Lost 3 clerics to adds warping due to leashing and some random offtanking screwups. Semi nasty AE (Deathly Chants RGC curable) and people were LoM after fight due to uncured AE's. If done properly doable with 3 good solid well setup and buffed groups.
Swobu_AB

Server: Antonius Bayle

Postby Bethiana » Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:02 pm

Bethiana

Server: Lightbringer

Postby Gloriana » Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:07 pm

Gloriana

Server: Erollisi Marr

Postby Bethiana » Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:14 pm

You are awesomeness, Glori.
Bethiana

Server: Lightbringer