Low-level, small-group 1.5 success

Information about gear drops and quests, including Epics; also gear checks.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

Low-level, small-group 1.5 success

Postby Lubal » Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:11 am

I know that there's not much interest in play at less than the level cap in Everquest these days, but if anyone else is doing content with voluntarily restricted levels or just enjoys minimalist kills, I thought I'd share my Epic 1.5 group. We had three real characters: my 65+490 shaman, a 65+500 cleric, and a 65+520 shadowknight, plus our three mercs (one tank, 2 rogues). All three characters are geared in full elaborate defiant (give or take some jewelry).

The shaman 1.5 was always easy, and doing it undermanned at the minimum level only rarely made it any harder. Our SK had no problem pulling the Ancient Megalodon up to dry land. It was a reasonably long fight, but there was never any significant danger. I also had the group with me for the Cobalt Scar sharks, the clearing in Plane of Sky (mostly to help with Gorgalosk island), and Spiritseeker Nadox; none of these were remotely challenging. The final "real" fight against the Netherbian Swarmfiend was admitedly not trivial. Slow landed after Malos, and I had to reapply several times. Resists on reslow and cripple were sometimes a problem; debuff early and often to be safe. I spent much of the rest of my time passing out Spirit of the Jaguar and Breath of Trushar and patch healing with Tnarg's Mending as needed. I used Infusion to help resist the AE spin-stun, although I do not believe the others did. I also popped the Servant, but it only cast one or two heals all fight and was mostly a waste of a hotkey; veteran AA are not required for this. The fight took about 15 minutes. When the Swarmfiend died, I was essentially out of mana, and the cleric announced that only 2-3 Complete Heals remained. I would advise anyone looking to repeat this process at 65 to have a more complete spellbook than I did: Balance of the Nihil, Blessing of the Leopard, and Daluda's Mending would have all been useful here.

I soloed or moloed everything else involved in the quest. Elite Corrupted Knight was a static spawn in the last room in the Carprin script wing of Ruins of Lxanvom; Carprin had been killed by a PoP progression guild and so sneaking past him was not necessary. Others doing this at 65 may want to bring a friend for this, as it was fairly slow going, especially on Pestilence Priests. I got very lucky on the Dranik's Scar ukuns. I was invising between the Gutfeaster PH (tree near ZI) and the Slavehunter PH (bottom of steps south of Bloodfields) to keep both dead every 20 minutes. In two sessions, I spent about an hour and half to get the three hides this way: two from the Gutfeaster, one from the Slavehunter.

The same group also did the SK 1.5 (last mob was considerably challenging; I burned Staunch Recovery to dig for the last few patch heals), and will be attempting the Cleric 1.5 if we can ever get the last blasted map piece to drop in Ferubi. When we're done with what content we can do at 65 and move up to 70, we plan to repeat this process for the 2.0 if possible, and I'll post how that goes.
Lubal

Shaman Main

Return to Equipment & Loot