[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Soloing SoD essences

Soloing SoD essences

Information about gear drops and quests, including Epics; also gear checks.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

Soloing SoD essences

Postby Layya » Sat May 16, 2009 4:34 am

Just looking for any advice on soloing with merc (or moloing as someone has called it ) for some of the essences in SoD. I have done several named in FoS and am nearing an end to the teir 3. Is there any hope of being able to get any of the tier 4 essences or are those strictly group type mobs? Most of my friends are raiding when I am able to play and it is difficult to get a pick up group these days. My merc is tier 5 and does a good job on fos stuff but it does take spirit channeling to survive the fight. Have any of you killed any Tosk named with just a merc? I do have an 81 wiz with t1 cleric merc available if it is necessary. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks
Layya

Shaman Main

Re: Soloing SoD essences

Postby Veril » Sat May 16, 2009 7:59 am

I think Tosk Named are beyond a group equipped shaman (+ merc). Their DPS is pretty rough. I've not tried them myself, yet. The non-named are pretty tough to do in-teh-face
Veril

Veteran -

Server: Antonius Bayle

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Yesak » Sat May 16, 2009 12:23 pm

I'm in MMM level gear with a t5 warrior merc. I have all my AAs in healing but havent finished off my defensives yet. I dont think there is any way I could tank a t4 essence dropper. I'd have to pull off everything I got and then merc would probably be OoM from chain healing me. However, I CAN keep my t5 merc alive just fine if she has gall already. It isnt the easiest thing in the world but I've healed her on t4 essence droppers in a group before. The problem of this method is DPS. Even as well as I heal plus SC, I dont know if merc + dogdog would be able to do enough dmg before I'd run out of mana. Merc DPS is just awful and dogdog doesnt do much and I dont have much time to throw in anything but the occasional sting. Would make for a painful time.

I suggest grabbing some form of tank (merc or otherwise) and a DPSer and go to town. I havent had much of an issue killing them. Now getting my last wrist essence to drop.......that is another story. 8)
"Sometimes you have to face your demons, sometimes the demon is you." - Yesak Demunstorm
Yesak

Server: Prexus

Shaman Main

Postby Retron » Sun May 17, 2009 1:30 am

Retron

Server: Antonius Bayle (ex-VS)

Shaman Main
Beastlord - Alt/Box

Postby Hollierth » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:13 am

To solo the essence droppers in Kora I make a rogue go with me. We both bring the heal mercs and his tanking + DPS and my DPS augment + my dps + slows = win.
Hollierth

Shaman Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Berserker - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:21 pm

That's a group, Hollierth. A not-full group with a shady tank, but a group.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Hollierth » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:34 pm

Sorry, just my backwards and wordy way of saying, no with current gear, soloing the named droppers in SoD beyond FoS, probably isn't going to happen. With new spells, abilities and gear later down the road, maybe.
Hollierth

Shaman Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Berserker - Alt/Box

Postby Jaybizzer » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:21 pm

I haven't been able to in-your-face solo any named past FoS...unless they are a caster-named. I duo'd all of the named in Tosk with a bard box and 2 cleric mercs. While it's not hard to keep yourself alive against almost any named in SoD....you simply can't put out enough dps to kill them before they kill you. Our dots are not exactly fast-casting and more times then not you will take a bad round when trying to cast a DoT and go splat.

If you do try and take on one of the bigger named here are a few suggestions.

Chain cast Ward of Restoration and Grezan's Drowse as they pop (will give you some melee mitigation)
Keep listlessness on yourself at all times.
Pop epic and cast your HoT on yourself right before you pull. (add up as many HoT's as possible)
Pop Ancestral Guard and then load up on DoTs before it fades.
Make sure you have a pet up for the added dps.
Keep your merc on passive until you get some decent aggro (you don't want it getting one-rounded after healing you once).

Don't be afraid to kite if things get hairy. If you get solid aggro early from DoTs your merc will be able to heal you while you run around for a bit.

I think the one time I solo'd a named in Tosk I had to use Intensity and a damage Glyph and still BARELY killed it.

Good Luck
Jaybizzer

Shaman Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Rogue - Alt/Box

Postby Layya » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:00 am

Using a t5 Tank merc I have done every named in Foscale and tried Ulgren in Tosk. Some of the harder named (Slact, Ulgren, etc) I would have no chance without spirit channeling. There are very easy ones tho (easist imo is bonegrinder...dont even get lom on that one) Main dps is of course panther/dotting/nuking when you can stop spam healing for long enough. I want to try Kuris or Tonnk next and see how that works.
Layya

Shaman Main

Return to Equipment & Loot