[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - 1.5 Pre-quest

1.5 Pre-quest

Information about gear drops and quests, including Epics; also gear checks.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

1.5 Pre-quest

Postby eqjunkie » Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:56 am

Hi Folks,

Never done 1.0 but was looking into doing the 1.5 pre-quest then the 1.5 then eventually 2.0

From looking at the blurb on allakhazam you still need to do partial 1.0 to obtain Black Fur Boots from Black Dire - Is this correct ?? I thought doing the prequest was optional and had no relation to doing 1.0 altogether otherwise if 1.0 has to be part done before doing the pre-quest why bother.

Can someone confirm - I've done quite a few epics (Bard, Monk, Wizard 2.0's) and this seems to be the most confusing.

Any help appreciated
eqjunkie

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Bard - Alt/Box

Re: 1.5 Pre-quest

Postby Brohg » Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:38 am

That's correct, you have to get and then hand in the boots from shm 1.0 epic quest as part of the 1.5 prequest workaround. The reason to do the prequest instead of the epic itself is to skip getting Child's Tear from PoFear, that's all.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby eqjunkie » Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:07 pm

Thx for the reply Brohg.

I fortunately had a good run through the pre-quest and 1.5 proper now (currently up to the alchemy combines from the warrens dude). Man there is alot of running round for the sham epic fortunately I have a pocket wiz for ports but I feel sorry for the peeps that dont have access to a porting class having to do this.

I plan on doing the whole quest with a 3 box (Monk /Wiz / Sham or Monk / Monk / Sham & the Merc Clerics). Any potential stumbling blocks I may run into ?
eqjunkie

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:25 pm

For the 1.5 at least you're fine. 2.0 fights are more challenging, so it'll depend on your monks' gear.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby eqjunkie » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:10 am

Plane of Air has held me back all day - 4hr spawns suck ass. waiting on Gorg island to pop to get to Eternal Spirit 8-(

Looks as though someone had done the key mobs just before I got there so Ive had to wait 4hrs per island pretty much all day
eqjunkie

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby eqjunkie » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:16 pm

How difficult is the Howling Stones Goo to get - apparently there are locked doors in there that can only be accessed by a rogue and from memory you have to do a key guest to get into Howling Stones (unless they have made it a free zone now).
eqjunkie

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby fendaann » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:58 pm

peeps have posted how to shroud to get the key to open the doors.
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/zones.html?zstrat=84

I think you still need the Keys for the doors but I dont think you need to due the quest to zone into the zone any more if above a certain level.

I was I think around lvl 50 and soloed it Key and camped the two drops but it took me about a week kept loosing the no rent keys then I had a bad rand since I was not sure what mob droped them and I had no reall walk threw just an idea what what I was looking for.
fendaann

Server: Quellious - POVAR

Wizard Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby eqjunkie » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:52 am

1.5 done - now to start on 2.0 ;-)
eqjunkie

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby eqjunkie » Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:49 pm

2.0 mostly done now up to the Discordling Spiritcaller (man what a pain in the ass that mob is - definitely the hardest of all the 1.5 / 2.0 fights due to the mana drain AE mostly). 3 Boxed Discordling Spiritcaller with 85 Monk, 81 Monk & 78 Sham with 3 merc clerics, had to use every trick to beat it eventually winning with 10% health left and 81 Monk & Shambot dead along with their merc clerics. For the life of me couldnt remove the Mana drain dot and Radiant Cure only got rid of half its counters (spose I have to get Radiant Cure maxxed)

Only thing standing in my way now is the Anguish Orb 8-(
eqjunkie

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby Wolfy » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:41 pm

Congratulations eqjunkie!
Wolfy

Shaman Main

Postby eqjunkie » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:47 pm

2.0 Completed also - Thanks everyone for all your assistance and information 8-)
eqjunkie

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Bard - Alt/Box

Return to Equipment & Loot