[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - New Blackburrow LL drops

New Blackburrow LL drops

Information about gear drops and quests, including Epics; also gear checks.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

New Blackburrow LL drops

Postby Dore » Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:26 pm

Blackburrow Living Legacy revamp seems to have gone live early and is now dropping chain and leather visible armor and other non visible slots gear. The chain set is called Gnollish Chain.

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/itemlist.htm ... lish+Chain

Good luck and happy hunting.
Dore

Re: New Blackburrow LL drops

Postby Retron » Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:19 am

Managed to snag this for 75K during the middle of the night (it's hot, couldn't sleep, had trader running and had a look to see if it was for sale yet!):

Ornate Runed Totem Staff
MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM ATTUNEABLE
Slot: PRIMARY
Charges: Unlimited
Skill: 2H Blunt Atk Delay: 37
DMG: 74 Dmg Bonus: 61 AC: 32
STR: +29 DEX: +33 STA: +41+3 CHA: +37+1 WIS: +21 INT: +41+3 AGI: +31 HP: +685 MANA: +695 ENDUR: +695
SV FIRE: +20 SV DISEASE: +10 SV COLD: +15 SV MAGIC: +15 SV POISON: +30
Attack: +15 HP Regen: +3 Mana Regeneration: +3
Recommended level of 76. Required level of 71.
Effect: Maelin's Meditation (Any Slot/Can Equip, Casting Time: 3.0)
WT: 11.0 Size: LARGE
Class: CLR DRU SHM NEC WIZ MAG ENC BST BER
Race: ALL
Slot 1, Type 4 (Weapon: General)

For those non-raiders who've not got lucky in Zeka or Crystallos it's a breath of fresh air - the only droppable item in game with a clicky mana pool buff. It also beats the GSoP, finally!
Retron

Server: Antonius Bayle (ex-VS)

Shaman Main
Beastlord - Alt/Box

Postby Kruzar » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:43 pm

Ohhh.. very nice indeed... I am definetly gonna have to look into some of this stuff for the shammy.. :)
Kruzar- Kitty Rogue of 85 Seasons
Kyleanea- Barbarian Shaman of 75 Seasons
Kruzar

Rogue Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Methica » Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:16 pm

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=41447

drops down there as well. Pretty nice Imo.
Methica

Shaman Main
Ranger - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby Kruzar » Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:35 pm

Kruzar

Rogue Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Retron » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:05 pm

Retron

Shaman Main
Beastlord - Alt/Box

Postby Kruzar » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:32 pm

Thank you for the insight on the GSoP...I must have missed that one. The only PoP I saw was on my Rogue, so never really paid attention to the caster side of the house.

My only additional question on the new beatem stick is this... How does it look?

I also looked at some of the other stuff on Lucy for new items, and there is some really neat stuff coming from the new Blackburrow...:)
Kruzar

Rogue Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Retron » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:38 pm

Retron

Shaman Main
Beastlord - Alt/Box

Postby Vasei » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:47 am

I'm fine with retro, really. But they NEED to give back the bear hat graphic.

Test Server
Primal Brood
Vasei

Shaman Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby Kruzar » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:53 pm

I just gotta say that I am loving these new drops... I picked up the Gauntlets, Helm, and Boots last night for my shammy. Only thing I am missing now is the Wristguard. I picked up the Serpentine Bracer for LGuk when it was open so the other slot is covered.

I am also looking at a lot of the other non visible slots out there. Some really nice stuff. I am almost wishing they would keep these zones around even after Living Legacy completes.
Kruzar

Rogue Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Yesak » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:04 pm

I've almost got a full set for myself, however, there is a slight difference in how I'm getting these. I'm soloing for almost every piece so far. Soloing in BB is CAKE if you are skilled enough to root rot 2 or 3 at a time. Even better that they are fully slowable so if root breaks they might hit you hard but with full slow, you should be able to get a root off without too much worry of interruption. Really the only issue I've found in my 2 days down there is that there are very few places that are not pulls of 2 or 3 or are safe from wanderers. Keep your head on a swivel, be patient and cautious and you too can enjoy hours of soloing BB for uber lewts. I dont know if I will continue too much once I get my full set. I could use the plat, but farming just for plat is boring. Plus, I'm guessing the prices of the gear will plummet because of the ease of acquisition. Maybe it's my imagination but BB seems quite a bit easier than Guk. Anyway, hope ya'll are enjoying BB as much as I am 8)
"Sometimes you have to face your demons, sometimes the demon is you." - Yesak Demunstorm
Yesak

Server: Prexus

Shaman Main

Postby Retron » Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:12 am

FWIW if you jump down the pit in BB and then head NE, there's a 3-spawn of gnolls on the shore, with a large empty room behind. If you punt one of the two closest towards you, the other will come (and can be rooted). Dispatch them both, the third gnoll (further away) will come single.

That gnoll is a PH for a named which drops the Blackburrow Bulwark, which has a resists + AC click that stacks with anything a shaman would be using.

The good news is that named is soloable - although he quads for 2300 or so (and can't be rooted), he can be fully slowed! Between Rabid Bear, Langour and our regular HoT you'll only need the odd blast heal to keep up, assuming you're in group gear. If you're in raid gear it'd be even easier.

(NB, for comparison I'm in a mix of Crystallos group, T2 SoF and BB chain gear).
Retron

Shaman Main
Beastlord - Alt/Box

Postby Yesak » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:00 pm

Just an update for all of you enjoying the uber lewt. The named in BB are solo'able by the group geared shaman, even if you are not in Crystallos gear. Right now I'm in full BB gear with a mix of Anguish gear. So I'm no where near what most of you are in. However, I am successfully able to solo named here. It isnt easy, nor is it pretty but between rabid bear, HoT and epic click every 3 mins, I was able to survive without much issue. Every now and then they'd quad 2200 hits on me and I had to spot heal but those were rare. Now that I know I can solo them, I'm planning on going in at 3AM or so and camp what I want. The hardest part is pulls. Named + 1 add is ok because I can keep 1 parked with VP without worry but 2 adds is rough, even when they are fully slowed. Anyway, just bragging that my n00b ass soloed these bad boys and I hope the rest of you are enjoying BB as much as I am! 8)
Yesak

Shaman Main

Postby Retron » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:23 am

Retron

Shaman Main
Beastlord - Alt/Box

Postby Siluuael » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:19 am

My 71 shaman, fully decked out in BB gear (got everything but the Maelin's click - guess I need to try farming Hulcror) with a mixture of hotzone / crap augs, comes in right around 11k hp / 11k mana unbuffed.

It's pretty sweet.

- 83 Dark Elf Necromancer (main)
- 71 Barbarian Warrior (alt)
Siluuael

Server: Pittsburgh, PA

Necromancer Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Sustenon » Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:02 am

Yeah I am just getting back in to raiding (haven't looted a raid drop since 03/07 per DKP calc) and the BB gear really helped me to get better caught up. I did not get a full set (Cultural still a way better BP even without a type 12 aug) but filled in a lot of key pieces. It is still relatively cheap in the bazaar on Prexus too. Saw the chain gloves for sale for 30k the other day. There are more augs dropping that are about 70hp/mana and up that are easily groupable like the new quest guy in Dreadlands, which will put this gear to about +430hp/mana.
Sustenon

Postby Bigcat Daddy-o » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:20 am

[quote="Sustenon"]There are more augs dropping that are about 70hp/mana and up that are easily groupable like the new quest guy in Dreadlands, quote]

New quest guy in Dreadlands? I missed that memo. Any details? I need some augs on my support crew, and these sound better than the RSS augs.
Ride free brother.
Bigcat Daddy-o

Server: Xegony

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Kumudil » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:04 am

Came in last week. You can find him at the nexus spire in dreadlands.
Has 1 quest with 5/6 different possible augs as reward.
Heard the quest-walkthrought can already be found on alla.

Edit:OK 4 possible rewards, but quiet close just out of memory.
Last edited by Kumudil on Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
, ,
Kumudil

Server: Antonius Bayle

Shaman Main
Druid - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Grimnar » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:04 am

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/ques ... quest=4636

Non-repeatable quest 15AC/70 HP, 70/70HP/Mana, 90HP, 90Mana are the 4 options

Also get 5x Potion of Adventure
Grimnar

Server: Innoruuk (Nameless)

Postby Grimnar » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:34 pm

And according to this thread:
http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts ... _id=140855,
if you haven't already got this quest done, you are too late.
Grimnar

Server: Innoruuk (Nameless)

Postby Bigcat Daddy-o » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:43 am

Damn. I gotta start paying attention. Didn't even realize this was running, and then it was over.

Where do they post this kind of info? If it's in their forums, forget it. I never read 'em. hehe.

But was it posted in a log in script on a patch or something? I seldom if ever read those either.

Definetely makes sense that there be a prerelease kind of quest. Grats to those who got it done.
Bigcat Daddy-o

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Unmei » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:43 am

I think there was something mentioned about this guy in the patch notes a while ago, but I could also be suffering from brain atrophy.
Unmei

Veteran --

Server: 7th Hammer

Enchanter Main

Postby Bigcat Daddy-o » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:00 am

Yah, found it in the linked post, copied below

September 30, 2008

*** Highlights ***

The Tides of Anachronism

All across Norrath and beyond, the boundaries between past and present and between parallel realities seem to be fraying.

Within the normally peaceful Plane of Knowledge, three heralds of Druzzil Ro entered the realm; bringing warnings of troubled and dangerous times ahead.

"Danger has arrived! Our time is very short! Time is ticking and our doom may have arrived! As it passes, time takes with it portions of our lives. Well, your lives. And now it threatens to take all of our lives. Powers of chaos and destruction are taking their time, taking our time! Go quickly, time is so very short."

Meanwhile, over in the Dreadlands, a retired scholar named Deckarn Mystglade is seeking someone to help keep him from losing his mind."

Also, Rytan posted

We're planning on having an alternate method of recieving the rewards from this quest via SoD content so that anyone who missed out has a chance at the rewards as well.

-Ryan
Bigcat Daddy-o

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Sustenon » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:01 am

Ahh that is good news for those that missed out. Sorry I have been off this site for a while and in all truth forgot to check back in on my posts lol. Geez.
Sustenon

Postby Thyrm Jarlson » Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:32 pm

I've been thinking of enabling my account...am in a mix of DoN crystal bought gear & some of the Darkhollow task gear & lvl 70. Was this added to the new expansion, only have 158pp on shaman and my friend says the gnollish gear goes for around 50k-100k in bazaar.
of Unbroken Legion
Thyrm Jarlson

Server: Test Server

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Druid - Alt/Box

Postby Veril » Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:23 pm

the blackburrow revamp in this thread was part of the living legacy promotion. It was live for about 6 weeks. BB has now returned to it's old version.

Now is a great time to come back to EQ, you can buy the latest expansion and catch up on all the expansions in one hitinbetween (Prophecy of ro, the buried sea, shadows of feydwer and seeds of destruction). I think you also get all the claim items (not sure if that was a pre-release benefit). Some of the changes in the latest expansion have really revitalised the game for lots of people, especially mercenaries.
Veril

Veteran -

Server: Antonius Bayle

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Thyrm Jarlson » Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:24 pm

Thyrm Jarlson

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Druid - Alt/Box

Postby Tanot » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:27 pm

That quote from Rytan was referring to quests for augs that were around just before SoD went live AFAIK, nothing to do with the LGUK/BB revamps.
Tanot

Beastlord Main
Druid - Alt/Box
Paladin - Alt/Box

Postby Thyrm Jarlson » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:16 pm

Thyrm Jarlson

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Druid - Alt/Box

Return to Equipment & Loot