[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Need help with focii

Need help with focii

Information about gear drops and quests, including Epics; also gear checks.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

Need help with focii

Postby Urguralk » Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:48 pm

Okay since for some reason i cannot get the hang of desired or required focus affects that are a need for shamans. I currently know i need healing focus, mana bene focus but other then that, i am having a hard time planning my focus with the new tbs stuff, so i'm asking and if i need to will beg =) if some kind soul can help me plan my fricking shaman focus augs/equip, we raid anguish weekly still, DoN dragons, tss Dragons/porthio etc occasionally we go and do DoD raids. i am currently working on katta faction i am at kindly thinking two more weeks i will be ally, week after that hopefully maxed ally.

Urguralk

Server: Test Server

Postby Brohg » Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:30 am

Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Kanamori Hitatomi » Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:16 am

Dark Void Shoulders can be upgraded with the drop from the Ashenback and Shar'Drahn - . That will give you a pretty good disease focus that you won't bother replacing (60% up to level 72, 42% at 75).

Once you get ally, I'd go for on the for your poison focus (30% up to level 75).

The best magic focus you can get from your raids is the shield from Vishimtar - (50% up to level 70, 25% at 75). Unfortunately, you're rather limited on what you can get for magic focus. It was left off the chain Praetorian gear.

The best healing focus you can get from your raids is the face from Porthio - (60% up to level 72, 42% at 75).

The detrimental spell haste you can get from your raids is the ring from Emperor Draygun - (23% up to level 70, 12.5% at 75). A better option once you're at ally in Katta is the (15% up to level 75).

The easier beneficial spell haste you can get once ally with Katta is the (15% up to level 75). The raid drop would be or even harder to get . Both those are 30% up to level 70 (22.5% at 75).

The easiest detrimental mana preservation you can get is from a group mob in Zhisza named Chitters - (13% up to level 75). A better version is available after doing some of the Combine Signet Ring flagging in the locked zone Silyssar from the groupable mob Revenant Ozrial - (15% up to level 75).

Unfortunately, you're at the cap with your Avariciousness of the Ikaav (20% up to level 70, 10% at 75) already. Other options would be the Mana Preservation VI items which include , . The rest of the items with that effect would be downgrades for you. Ikaav Glare is a redundent focus at this time for you.

I would say your Extended Reach VI item would be sufficient for what you're doing now.

For beneficial duration extention, I would recommend the shoulder item from AMV - (30% up to level 70, 15% at 75). The class boots from CoA is another option, but I would consider it inferior to the AMV item. The best option would be the groupable mob in Silyssar from Guard of the Cipher - (20% up to level 75).

For detrimental duration extention, I would recommend the belt from Hanvar - (30% up to level 70, 15% at 75). A better option would be the bracer of of Titanothon in The Devastation - (35% up to level 72, 24.5% at 75).

You may want to consider a cold focus, not that you'll really use it much. The easiest and best option is the (30% up to level 75) if you decide to pick that up.

I believe I covered all of your focus effects there, if I missed one, tell me.

You really should do the quest for the TSS , it's much better with just the solo/group drops than the Tainted Heartstone you're using. The quest for that is . While doing this quest, do the quest for the . The quest for that is .

Another recommendation, fill ALL of your augment slots.

Final recommendation, try to find an item with on it. There's quite a few of them out there (just click the link to see them).

92 Barbarian Shammyknight!
Bristlebane-Tribunal Server - I play on Tribunal damnit!

SHAMMYKNIGHT !!! Okay, perhaps I'm now less of a speedbump than fluffy was when we first got him...
Mod - Most work is on our
Kanamori Hitatomi

Server: Tribunal

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby Urguralk » Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:11 am

woo dang thanks, thanks for all of that kanamori.

for some reason some of my augs did not update when i updated my profile last night.
Urguralk

Server: Test Server

Postby Kanamori Hitatomi » Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:57 pm

This would be the with the above proposed items. It's pretty good I'd say for the level of raiding you're at with most stats (minus shielding and stun resist) maxed or close to max. Look at obtaining the aug's I have listed, they're mostly groupable or from CoA mini's (which are 1 groupable too). Heck, it's better than my gear and I'm in DPoB!
Kanamori Hitatomi

Server: Tribunal

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby Fandele Longtooth » Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:04 am

I still like the shadowmane swiftness charm as a quick fix for beneficial spell haste. It's 23% to 67, which means it's actually better than the praetorian for your 71, 72, and 73 spells. And it's cursor loot, so no faction grinding or camping necessary.
Fandele Longtooth

Server: Zebugony

Shaman Main
Rogue - Alt/Box

Return to Equipment & Loot