[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Returning 65 SHM!!! <gear etc check>

Returning 65 SHM!!! <gear etc check>

Information about gear drops and quests, including Epics; also gear checks.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

Returning 65 SHM!!! <gear etc check>

Postby Eirgorn » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:00 am

Hey all,

I just decided to get back into EQ1 and will hopefully get in game in the next day or two. Until then, I was planning on reading up on the changes since I left (right at OoW) and plan out some easy upgrades and my next few AAs.

I've redone my Magelo (old one doesnt work? found the # in my old crucible sig but it wont pull up) manually and here it is:

http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1361673

I know, pretty sad for the most part! But at least I do have Canni 5 and VP2. When I quit I think I was root rotting golems in PoV and I had unlocked all the EP's except PoF (which would be nice!). I'll probably go back to the golems to relearn for a bit and then move on into OoW Hot Zone WoS.

I do plan on soloing for the first couple weeks or so since I have a newborn daughter (woot!) so any soloable upgrade recommendations would be great. I did look over the 45 quest rewards and the look like a no brainer. The others Im not sure if the loss of hp/ac are worth the mana/hp regen - but I'll have to mull it over a bit more.

One thing I am looking for is to make sure my focus effects are in line - I could really use some BA4+ and possibly some others Im forgetting about, or that are new.

Any help is much appreciated!!!!

Eirgorn
Last edited by Eirgorn on Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eirgorn

Server: Bristlebane

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby Samanna » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:31 pm

Samanna

Veteran -----

Server: Prexus

Shaman Main

Postby Eirgorn » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:48 pm

Eirgorn

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby Jarcey Heyokah » Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:51 pm

Jarcey
85th Season SHM

Dethsangel Beckons
85th Season SHD

Rheece
80th Season MAG

Yeah I 3box... /shrug

Stop Canni Time....

May the Great Spirit bless you, your home,
and those you love with peace and happiness.
Jarcey Heyokah

Server: The Nameless

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Eirgorn » Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:13 am

Thanks Jarcey!

Well I got back on last night for the first time, and while things started coming back to me Im still a bit overwhelmed at the moment. Ive come up with a fair amount of questions for anyone who has time to bare with me and tackle one or two!!

1) Spells and Spell Book

Well when I logged in one of the first things I noticed was that my spell book was a mess!!! I guess the spell book sorting info was kept client side? I was wondering if there is a sort option (eithe alpha, level, type) in game - I thought I remembered one. Also, I was wondering if there are any online "checklists" I can print out to make sure I have all the 1-65 spells I need (or I can just print the LUCY/alla shaman 1-65 with spell info) - and if so, do any show the different spell lines that dont stack etc?

2) Focus Effects and other baz buys!

Well I got a real cheap real nice face item last night with Severan's Bile focus effect. Does this extra damage stack with BA focus for disease based DoTs?

Say my Breath of Ultor does 165 a tick, if I had Severan's Bile and BA5, would that make it 165 * 1.25 * 1.2 = 247?? I didnt get to kill anything last night to test it myself (baby wasnt going to sleep), but I can test this tonight most likely.

Are there any other common items I should look out for with nice effects like this??

Only focus effects I have atm are:
Severan's Bile
Conservation of Mithaniel
Zephyr of Brell
BA3
AE4
MP3

3) Root Rotting

http://crucible.samanna.net/viewtopic.php?t=3992 - Confirmed - weeee!!

I think I read you can stack disease and poison dots now as well as magic dots - is this right?

4) Other Apps

Well I DL'd a custom UI last night and the maps from mapfiend - are there any other things I should grab while Im at it?

5) Augments!!

I saw some nice cheap cultural augments, but nothing really to put them in. I see from the aug chart that they only go in DoN crafted pieces - are these seen normally on the baz or will I need to commision them? The one set of sleeves I saw werent too good, but combined with the aug they would be real nice at just 500pp for each! The sleeves were lower level, so maybe the level appropriate stuff would be even better!

Well I think that's all for now - I can figure out most of #2 and #3 tonight when I get home by trial and error, but any extra info is appreciated!!

Thanks,
Eirgorn
Eirgorn

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby Grauw » Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:53 am

1) If you rightclick a spell gem you will get a dropdown menu with sort of spell (buff, dd, etc), each sort is divided in types (hp buff, ac buff, resist buffs, etc). You can now also save up to 10 different spell sets for quick loading. Samanna made a nice list of what spells are most common used, think he made multiple based on his level and spells he had at the time. It's under the dropdown 'everquest shaman' -> 'abilities' -> 'tips'. Also Allakhazam now lists spells per lvl per class and you do not need a premium account for that.

Some new spells have been added at lower levels and some auras/traps. It is worth it to check these out, some are more helpful then others.

As for spells 66+. OoW spells (66-70) are gotten by runes. Those drop of named mobs in OoW zones and similar runes from mobs in DoD zones (rune has a different name, yields same spells though). DoD introduced spell missions to get spells. These missions require 3 ppl minimum to start and can be a pain in the butt if you lack groups to do them.

Spells up to lvl 70 can be researched now (apart from ancients and mission spells). They will not be cheap however. Prices vary between 4k up to 40k for lvl 70 spells.

TSS introduced tiered spells. Tier 1 is vendor bought. Tier 2 is dropped of random mobs and Tier 3 are raid drops. Nice thing about this is that you can buy all your 71-75 spells for about 20k total of vendors.

2) Focus effects that do something similar do not stack. The best of the available foci will be used. So if you have 25% generic improved dot damage and you have a 20% poison damage focus, the 25% generic one will be used.

3) All type of dots stack now. The curse dots (magic) used to have stacking problems (at least for necros), but these all stack now.

4) UI and maps are basically all you need. I do not know how your alchemy is, but they added some nice potion recipies with insta heals in a bottle, haste in a bottle, kei in a bottle and many many more. They can make you some nice cash and will help you with some of your solo work.
Grauw

Postby Amanensia » Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:56 am

Focus effects (of the same kind) do not stack - the best in any given line is the one that applies. Different types of focus do of course stack, so mana preservation, spell haste, range and damage foci (for example) can all affect the same spell. You can tell which effect is affecting any given spell as you will get an emote along the lines of "Your arms of uberness glow faintly" or somesuch when the focus on that piece of armour fires.
<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=522803">Amanensia</a>
<a href="http://www.darkwind-guild.org/">Darkwind</a>
Amanensia

Server: Antonius Bayle

Postby Funi » Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:58 am

Spell book sorting is a thing of the past...Right click on an empty spell gem for a list of options. You can also right click on the spell book and create "spell set" for memorizing entire spell set ups in one click.
Funi

Shaman Main

Postby Funi » Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:59 am

^^^^Whoa, never mind, I guess I was too slow !
Funi

Shaman Main

Postby Eirgorn » Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:01 am

Thanks for the reply Grauw -

1) I think Im just going to print out all the shammy spells 50-65 and check them off when I get home to make sure I know which ones I need to round up. The only spells under 50 I would have a need for would be utility (invis gate etc) or to buff a low level character right?

2) So if I have BA4 and Severan's Bile, my poison and magic DoTs will do 120% and my disease dots will do 125% - sounds good! I looked in Lucy's for items with the +25% poison damage, but none were listed =(

3) Thanks!

4) I think I got up to around 200ish in alchemy, but I'll have to check it out when I get home - thanks for the heads up!!! I know I was GM cooking and brewing, and had 200ish in most the others (prayer shawl min at least)
Eirgorn

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby Eirgorn » Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:04 am

Wow I was too slow too!! Thanks Amanesia and Fumi too!!

Now I remember the right click sort options!!! What a relief! thought I was going to have to spend a night sorting hehe.

I did make a couple spell sets last night, but I think I will redo them based on Samanna's from Oct '04 since those are the spells I have/am familiar with atm.

Also, I made a couple Macros - Canni5, VP and assist, any other major ones I am forgetting that I may need right off?

Thanks for all thehelp guys, love this community!
Eirgorn

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby Samanna » Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:52 pm

You may also want to browse under EQ Progression > Focus Charts; for each type of effect, the highest one takes precedence. Also under EQ General > Gameplay > Effects, Casting you will see some info about stacking of buffs, focus, tribute, Aura, AA, etc.
Samanna

Veteran -----

Shaman Main

Postby Eirgorn » Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:09 am

Thanks again for all the help everyone - I have another quick question after getting to spend some time killing golems in PoV last night and this morning.

There isnt any way to get rid of aggro in EQ with out either zoning, camping or using a mem blur type spell right? Just wondering because I let a roamer spider get too close a golem I was root rotting and since they are immune to snare/root I decided to just gate instead of melee'ing him down - especially since I didnt have a solo melee spell list set up yet.

Just want to make sure there isnt anything easier to do next time im in the situation, or if gating and running back or training to zone are the only real options I have.

Thanks for putting up with the newb questions!
Eirgorn

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby Shinerbokk » Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:30 am

Distance will clear agro. If you root a mob and get far enough away before root breaks, the mob will forget you. I used this technique a lot when I was soloing the 69.0 missions. If you outrun a slow mob you can also lose agro.
{75 Spiritwatcher} ~~
Battle Shaman of Vallon Zek
Shinerbokk

Server: Zek

Shaman Main

Postby Ughbash » Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:32 am

Tunares' Froggie Shaman,
Hipitey Hop [Watchkeepers]
Ughbash

Veteran --

Server: tunare

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Kianor » Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:57 am

Kianor

Veteran -

Shaman Main

Postby Catmandew » Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:01 am

Catmandew

Server: Stromm

Shaman Main

Postby Jooruus » Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:19 am

-Druids were made to be hated, they serve no other purpose.

Jooruus

Server: Innoruuk

Postby Eirgorn » Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:42 am

Thanks for the updates on aggro rules!!!

As Im already using this thread as a catch-all for my questions to get back in the swing of things - I was wondering about Vet AA's. Ive read people talk about the Lesson one, which seems to double xp for 30min or so on a 20 hr timer - but how do I know if Im eligible.

When I log in, it has I think 10 different claim codes I can use - I clicked on some and they were just like auras and a horse, are the Vet AAs mixed in with these? I confess I didnt look at them all. I can wait and check tonight when I log in, but if it's a quick answer and someone doesnt mind the typing I'd appreciate it!!

EDIT - I swear Im not lazy, Im just real excited to be back and am biding my time till I can log back in!

Thanks!

Eirgorn
Eirgorn

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby Amanensia » Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:58 am

Yes, you do need to claim something to get the veteran awards, as you can only get it on a few toons per account (not sure how many, but it was more than one iirc). You will almost certainly be eligible for the bonus XP one (Lesson of the Devoted) as it is one of the first ones you get. You can tell if you've claimed them yet or not by going to your AA window and clicking on the "Veteran" tab at the top - if none are listed, you haven't claimed them. If they are listed, you can make a hotkey to fire each one up.
Amanensia

Postby Kianor » Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:21 pm

You get one veteran's award for each year played/fully paid. You can claim them for as many toons on the account as you have years awarded. So if you're entitled to 3 veterans awards, you can claim on 3 toons.

If you take a careful look on the claim info when you log in, if you haven't already claimed them, one of the lines will be about veterans rewards - just use whatever the claim code is for that.
Kianor

Veteran -

Shaman Main

Postby Ughbash » Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:54 pm

Ughbash

Veteran --

Server: tunare

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Eirgorn » Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:48 pm

Eirgorn

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby Hhrolf » Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:04 pm

Hhrolf Monstermagnet
Officer
Circle of Legends
Bristlebane
Hhrolf

Server: Asleep at the keyboard

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby Eirgorn » Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:44 pm

Eirgorn

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby Occam » Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:07 pm

Occam

Server: Felwithe, Faydwer (Xegony)

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Jooruus » Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:44 am

Jooruus

Server: Innoruuk

Postby Occam » Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:57 am

Occam

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby ThraallFV » Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:45 pm

Thraall
Firiona Vie
ThraallFV

Server: Firiona Vie

Shaman Main

Postby Catmandew » Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:17 pm

Catmandew

Server: Stromm

Shaman Main

Postby Occam » Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:31 pm

Occam

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Grauw » Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:36 am

Grauw

Postby Amanensia » Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:42 am

Amanensia

Postby Grauw » Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:59 am

Grauw

Postby Gmork » Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:11 am

Member of
Gmork

Server: japan

Postby Kianor » Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:37 am

Kianor

Veteran -

Shaman Main

Postby Samanna » Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:48 pm

Samanna

Veteran -----

Shaman Main

Postby Eirgorn » Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:19 am

Eirgorn

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby Eirgorn » Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:43 am

Well Ive been back almost 2 months now and Im real happy with the progress Ive made so far and Im really enjoying the game!!!

Ive finished my 1.0 and 1.5, gained 9 levels and 70 AA - plus doubled my base hp with gear upgrades!!

However, a handful of slots are still sorely lacking. Im just getting into TBS, so any praetorians is a ways off and I feel the need to have some small upgrades between now and then. Im going to list the slots that are in the worst shape, and what Im looking at as an easy upgrade (from DoD prog since I need to do that and will prob start this weekend) and would like some feedback from you guys to see if there are better/easier options that I am overlooking (very possible)!!

1) Chest - currently lol - looking into
from 68.1 or
from 68.4

2) Leggings - looking into
from 68.3

3) One Ring - looking into
from 70.1

4) Arms - looking into
from 68.2
from BF4

5) Boots - looking into
from 69.4

Just these 5 upgrades would net me about 500 hps

Then tons of aug work needs to be done - but I'll worry about that next week hehe. Of course I can try for some TSS molds too - just havent ever had luck with chain dropping =).

Thanks for reading and for any advice!!

Cheers,
Eirgorn
Eirgorn

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:35 am

At 74 your goal for all visible armor slots should all be in the TSS class armor or TBS Praetorian sets, imo.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Next

Return to Equipment & Loot