[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Spear of Constriction

Spear of Constriction

Information about gear drops and quests, including Epics; also gear checks.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

Spear of Constriction

Postby Brohg » Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:53 am

Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Maitz » Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:14 am

Maitz

Server: Antonius Bayle

Necromancer Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Shinerbokk » Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:33 am

{75 Spiritwatcher} ~~
Battle Shaman of Vallon Zek
Shinerbokk

Server: Zek

Shaman Main

Postby Maccuul » Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:45 pm

Prolly easier to get a group and farm Tunare for the Sap Encrusted Branch
Maccuul

Server: Fennin Ro

Shaman Main
Ranger - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Galelor » Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:58 pm

Galelor

Veteran -

Server: Xegony

Shaman Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Druid - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:10 pm

Brohg

Veteran ----

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Re: Spear of Constriction

Postby Lestumpette » Sun May 23, 2010 8:45 pm

Did you ever confirm this Brohg? I'd assume not if you have a Sap Encrusted Branch in your inventory but maybe you learned more in recent years ...
Lestumpette

Server: Tunare

Shaman Main

Postby Brohg » Mon May 24, 2010 12:13 am

I've not spent time there, no. Since I have the Branch, it's pretty low priority.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby shamy60 » Mon May 24, 2010 8:16 am

i killed that named chromadrac about 25 times about 4 months ago and didn t drop the ""snare"" weapon.
once u zone into veeshan peak follow the path and keep your letf until you going to a dead end with some chromadrac in there (it's not too far from zone in ),all 5 in that "dead end " are named ph.
that dead end is just beside XYGOZ and swamp of no hope , marked on map (don't go there tho, named chromadrac is not in that room ) it's not that far,it's just to let you see on the map where it is (little right to xygoz on map )
shamy60

Server: RATHE

Postby Lestumpette » Mon May 24, 2010 8:59 am

Thanks Shamy, Good tips. I want to learn about the zone as I've had the key for like forever, but only set foot inside once for a few minutes. Although adventuring us fun, having a good reason to go there a lot makes it much more fun :)
Lestumpette

Shaman Main

Postby Kaisung » Wed May 26, 2010 3:00 pm

Farmed one off of him earlier this year, took several weeks of slaughtering grey/green cons, but my shammy can now snare on his own. I did farm quite a bit of other stuff for some lowbie alts while there too. Never spent any time there earlier, since our guild was never -quite- able to finish the keys. but to clarify spawns, it is any of the static chromodrac pops after the bridge as you head towards that dead end. I had him spawn in every single spot while I was there.
Bolverkr 91 Ranger
Kaisung 91 Shaman
Kaisung

Server: 7th Hammer

Ranger Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby dohrian » Thu May 27, 2010 3:39 am

Why dont you get Aged Spear of Constriction from Xylgoz ? I got mine one or two years ago after 3 kills, easy duo kill with a knight.

Doh
, Master alchemist / baker / brewer / fletcher / jeweler / potter / smith / tailor
dohrian

Server: Karana -> Ayonae Ro -> Tribunal -> Bristle

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Thu May 27, 2010 4:04 am

Because the debuff from Aged Spear of Constriction is 1 minute long Arachnae Venom instead of 14 minute Ensnare.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby dohrian » Fri May 28, 2010 3:41 am

dohrian

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby Kaisung » Fri May 28, 2010 3:33 pm

Heh, I did look at that Aged spear when I was checking on snare items for my shammy... 1 minute vs. 14 minutes is what sold me too.
Kaisung

Ranger Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby Lestumpette » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:42 am

I've been camping this for a week now for an hour or two each evening. So far no spear but am enjoying the experience and getting ~3%AA per mob.

Keeping the 'spear mob' area clear is pretty easy for me at 76 with 1000+AA, but occasionally I have gotten unlucky respawns of 4-5 at once while chatting and then been forced to use every skill & AA to get through it.

I only realised today I should be able to get a mercenary to make it easier, so i'll try that next. I suppose an 85 could walk around with impunity in this zone.

My most recent experience was to expand my learning of the zone by clearing around to the Hoshkar spawn spot. While I was resting/buffing on his island in the lava, he spawned on me. Is Hoshkar triggered or I was super unlucky? Needless to say I was killed, though I did hold my own long enough to get him down to 90% ... not that I wanted to kill him anyway .. his drop table is of no interest to me.

I imagine in the era for which this was designed it must have been a hell hole. I'm casting my memory back a long way, but didn't tanks top out at 2-3kHPs and 500-600AC back then?

Lest
Lestumpette

Shaman Main

Postby Brohg » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:08 pm

Little higher ac, but yeah. It was indeed a raid zone. The real big deal was respawn rate, which was much faster than you're seeing now. Epic rogues at 60 were right around 100dps, the same as your Vengeance of Ahnkaul Rk. II dot. Your Nectar of Agony Rk. II dot? Or your Juju Rk. II dot? Either one would ks a top of the line raid rogue of that era all by itself. Wizards big huge level 60 bomb nuke Sunstrike? Hit for 1615 damage, and there were no focus effects or crits. That's under the focused damage of your Ahnkaul's Spear of Venom Rk. II - AND they couldn't use it on anything colored red in that zone, because the resists would have dropped their damage to nothin'.

Oh, and Hoshkar isn't triggered. Just a coincidence.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Lestumpette » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:58 am

I've discovered it's more than the 5 named in the dead end that can spawn Milyex Vioren. He/it can spawn in any of the spots from the bridge up to the dead end .. including the 2 mobs next to each pillar on the bridge.
Lestumpette

Shaman Main

Postby Lestumpette » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:11 am

... and some bloody coincidence on that Hoshkar spawn. The ONLY time I head off to clear that area, and he spawns while I'm sitting there? What are the chances of that? Maybe some bored GM was watching and decided it was time for me to die lol
Lestumpette

Shaman Main

Postby Kaisung » Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:30 pm

Kaisung

Ranger Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby Lestumpette » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:26 pm

oops .. I didn't discover it! Let's say I confirmed it hehe. My bad reading skills again /hide
Lestumpette

Shaman Main

Postby meadal » Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:40 am

Got my Spear of Constriction this morning in same area described. I didnt keep an exact kill count but it took around 20 Milyex kills to get it...happy me 8)

Meadal
meadal

Shaman Main

Postby Lestumpette » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:32 am

Seems like a reasonable number of kills to me Meadal and congratulations!... my time there on the other hand is getting a tad frustrating. I've killed waaaay more than 20 named. I've gone from 10% into 76 to 90% at 90AA-10EXP ratio (they all light blues to me) lol and my run lately has been awful. 3 days now, clearing around ten times each day and the named hasn't popped! At least it's given me time to organise my UI since my return to playing after more than 2 years away.
Lestumpette

Shaman Main

Postby dohrian » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:08 am

dohrian

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby Lestumpette » Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:32 am

Oh my, finally my spear dropped today, but what an ungodly stretch of bad luck of a camp that was. I started at it 3 months ago and have been camping that hallway at least 4 nights a week ever since. I regret not recording the drops now. I sure as hell saw a lot of Cavern Cloaks! I must say though, I had a ball in VP ... I met some interesting people going about their business (Xygoz seems popular with SKs for some reason) ... others were after the spear just like me. One warrior and a couple of shaman, but no rangers or beastlords :/

At the peak of my despair I actually blew the camp off and headed over to find Tunare for her branch. She wasn't up, but I tried to clear the zone in a test run and thought I was doing ok until I met a couple of tiny little guys in Tunare's tree that had what seemed like a billion hitpoints. It was then that I figured the Sap Encrusted Branch was out of my reach due to my low kill rate. I highly doubt I could clear the zone and have Tunare on her own.

/me fists the air
Woot for my Spear of Constriction!

Lest
Lestumpette

Shaman Main

Postby Brohg » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:49 pm

You can't solo Tunare, she's all but immune to spells. Resists through the ROOF. So you need a melee partner to do the actual killing. The million-hp tieflings you just ignore.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Return to Equipment & Loot