[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Possible bug with epic 1.0 - final hand-in

Possible bug with epic 1.0 - final hand-in

Information about gear drops and quests, including Epics; also gear checks.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

Possible bug with epic 1.0 - final hand-in

Postby Occam » Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:09 am

I was doing my shaman's epic 1.0 this weekend, and was lucky enough to obtain the child's tear with a minimum of camping/hassle. In fact the longest part of it was camping that annoying courier in CoM.

Anyhoo, I turn in the Tear to Rak'Ashiir, and I get "Your faction standing with Truespirit cannot possibly get any better" accompanying his dialogue. Neato. So I kill him, loot the scale, then head to EJ. I hand it to the Spirit Sentinel in the pond, and he gives me the appropriate dialogue, except accompanying it is "Your faction standing with Truespirit got worse." (emphasis mine, of course)

So now he cons indifferent to my shaman, and if I try to advance the dialogue, he just says "You need to prove your dedication to our cause before I can discuss such matters with you."

Screenshots:

Just sent in my petition; I'll post whatever happens with it (if anything). But be warned if you're about to do the same thing.
Occam

Server: Felwithe, Faydwer (Xegony)

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Occam » Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:12 am

D'oh! I guess I should be more perceptive (although in my defense there was no announcement of any kind).

As you can see in the screenshots above, apparently the Spear of Fate was ninja-inserted into my bags! Right there next to the Nodding Blue Lilies. :)

It's still a bug, but you should still get your epic at least.
Occam

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Kellenial » Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:48 am

I thought I read somewhere that it wasn't a bug...that the final turn-in was supposed to worsen the faction. Something about hindering the MQ of the shaman epic to just the point that the already epic'ed shaman gets the tears for turn in, while the Woe/Envy factioned shaman loots the scale and completes the turn in. By dropping the faction at the end, it means the epic'd shaman now needs to bring the faction up again for MQing. There may be other reasons too, but I remember hearing something about this reason as well.
, Spiritwalker of the Tribunal

Tunare Server
Kellenial

Server: Tunare

Postby Tadenea » Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:52 am

aye since shaman epic is easy its all about faction if you have max faction you can skip nearly every step but last few where you only need tear from fear and final fight
Tadenea the Quester
90 Bunny Ranger of Test
Tadenea

Server: Test

Ranger Main

Postby Occam » Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:59 am

The NPC should at least go through his dialogue I would think. Or at least say something along the lines of "here's your epic." :)
Occam

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Cronikk » Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:18 am

Yeah ... the damp squib ending to the completion of the 1.0 has been a source of annoyance (and occasional heart failure) for quite a while now.
Cronikk

Server: The Magnificent 7th

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box

Return to Equipment & Loot