[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Older but still uber loot list

Older but still uber loot list

Information about gear drops and quests, including Epics; also gear checks.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

Older but still uber loot list

Postby Gloriana » Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:44 am

This thread was originally started by Samanna on the Crucible

Samanna

With newer releases and levels, and reduced focus effects, I am saddened to find that much of the VT loot that I once fantasized about has become ho-hum, and that other than some still-great clicky effects, I already have (or expect to soon acquire) equivilent or better gear. Bearing that in mind, and considering that my guild should be taking out the Emp soon, and then hitting VT, I'm trying to figure out which items, after all these years and expansions, are still considered must-have.

Currently on my list:

Ssra:
HP - Shield - to equip
Emp - Bridle, Shawl, Torque - for clicky effects
VT:
DXTV - Orb - for alchemy mod
Aten - Ring, Mail, and Torch of Judgement - to wear; I'll let others blow their points on the Talisman
Sure, there are other nice-to-have things, but I will be competing with other players, and need to keep a sharp focus.

I'm really looking for the list of things that, years later, you VT veterans still say "I still wish I'd gotten..." or "I'm still glad I got..." from VT.

Thanks!

Ougabouga

VT has some wonderful toys!

is a clicky root from DXV.

is nice if you need resists.

used to be great, because the focus extended both beneficial and detrimental spells, but Level Limit of 65 :( drops from Blob 2.

is a clicky illusion skeleton from DXX.

is a clicky illusion human from Blob 2.

Must loot and destroy and from Blob 2.

With the gear coming out of OoW, and the levels now, the VT gear isn't as sweet as it once was. The only things I regret not bidding on are the clicky illusion items for the fun aspect.

Bigsnack For'Mobs

Gloves of Warding. Clicky +50 MR is really great.

Leggings of Fiery Might. Best you can get pre-Time (unless there are some in OoW -- haven't checked those out yet). The elemental legs drop off elemental gods only. Not likely to get those

RedChief

Gloves of Warding are nice. I still wear for resists.

Leggings are getting outdated w/ OoW Tier1.

Crown of Ambivalance is a definite, even w/ the 65 cap.

As to the orbs/wands from Aten blobs, using those on raids = insta /deguild now....

And dont discount the TVK. I still wear it and have only thought about replacing it now. The combined effects are priceless.

thugrok

There are a few VT items that are hard to replace, I have a couple that I will have a hard time replacing. Here ya go....

Even when you upgrade it its clickable from inventory.

I know there is better out there but the resists are just priceless, its what I like best about VT gear, the all around resists.

and finally

Again, clickable from inventory, but also the mod is great (not all shaman's ONLY make potions).

A good portion of my gear is VT gear, and to be honest both pices of AHR loot are hard to replace (my mask and shield).
Enjoy VT once you get there, and dont look at the loot table as ho hum. My guild is an Elemental Lvl guild, and has killed 1 Elemental god, its rare that VT loot rots even to this day we still keep our spot in the rotation because the risk vs. reward weights heavily to the reward side.

I bring you gold and silver moons,
And diamond stars, and mists that float.
Gloriana

Server: Erollisi Marr

Postby Scowls » Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:19 am

Scowls

Veteran -

Server: Prexus (TerrisThule)

Postby dohrian » Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:51 am

I still have as resist gear a (from ssra) with an AUG (then +20 for each resist).
I also use sometimes my old when there is no snare in group.
, Master alchemist / baker / brewer / fletcher / jeweler / potter / smith / tailor
dohrian

Server: Karana -> Ayonae Ro -> Tribunal -> Bristle

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby Gloriana » Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:23 am

Gloriana

Postby Grizlor » Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:05 pm

Grizlor - Barbarian Shaman, 7th (EQ) (Oh god this game)
Blob - Dwarf Shaman, Eonar (WoW)
Grizlor

Shaman Main
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:08 pm

Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Scowls » Fri Aug 19, 2005 1:14 am

Scowls

Veteran -

Postby Foramorm » Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:26 pm

Check out the shield in my Magelo. A clicky DS is always nice to have.
Foramorm

Server: Bristlebane

Postby Gloriana » Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:56 pm

Speaking of Time gear, I finally got lucky and won an last night. It has long eluded me - first it was going too high, then it wouldn't drop when I was on, then I went inactive due to work...

Mine now! 400 points of clicky mana goodness!
Gloriana

Postby Scowls » Fri Aug 19, 2005 6:01 pm

does that shield stack with our trak bp clicky? i use that for the ac/ds, and ancient habbit.

click my magelo and look at my shield, cant say i would swap it permanently though
Scowls

Veteran -

Postby Brohg » Fri Aug 19, 2005 6:13 pm

Yes, Icicle Aura is in slot 4, stacks with XXXXcoat (slot 3), and Coldain ring/ranger buffs (slot 2), and magician/druid DS (slot 1).

It conflicts with Thorny Aura from that NToV cloak we can't wear, Frost Guard on Tacvi shoulders we can't wear, and somewhat more notably, Storm Guard that is on Stormeye Band, which we can wear and is quite uber.

Oh, and the shield clicks from inventory, Scowls. No need to replace your Palemoon. 1sec cast quite nice for dispelling mobs.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Return to Equipment & Loot