[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Cultural Dilema...

Cultural Dilema...

Information about gear drops and quests, including Epics; also gear checks.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

Cultural Dilema...

Postby Beafly » Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:55 pm

Won my first Bazu aug a few nights back. I'm collecting my stuff to put together my first piece of Cultural armor. I spoke to my guild shaman about it and general concensus is to replace my Tacvi boots. I know that my helm is crap, but I'm holding out for Ritualchanter's. Most of my other visible slots are pretty solid. My gloves are probably my next worst slot but the 10% stun resist is pretty hard to part with. Anyone have any differing advice? Or does replacing my boots sound reasonable?

I'm pretty sure that I want to go with detrimental mana preservation. That will allow me to finally get rid of the ManaPres V aug on my epic and replace it with something more respectable (still farming for the 150/125 aug from CoA) and ditch my plans for camping the ManaPres VI aug from TSS. Detrimental ManaPres sound right?

For my slot 7 aug, I'm planning on 2-boxing Ashengate trash for the 100/100/100 6 spellshield 15 corruption resist aug. I thought maybe Dain, but what a pain in the ass that is. Any other brilliant ideas?
85 Webmaster of
Beafly

Veteran -

Server: Tunare

Postby Dakota » Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:01 pm

You may want to consider the Dain aug anyways. You'd probably have it done well before you got the zonewide rare from Ashengate. I've been grouping there pretty reguarly since TSS came out and I've only seen one zonewide rare drop, and it was the melee version at that.

But if the Dain aug isn't quite your taste, you could also give Skylance 3 a few tries, one of the boss loots is a 60/60/60 aug with some misc mods, type 7/8 that fits in visible armor slots. Gem of the Scrykin Magus, I think it's called.

As for what to put on your Bazu seal, my first one was for the Poison focus. While some mana preservation focii can be tough to get, the Poison focus is even tougher, since there are no Anguish-level, no Dragon-level, and only one Vampiric-level focii avaliable to us, outside of bazu/last blood.
Dakota

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Jaraman » Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:11 pm

Maybe I missed it, but where's your poison focus? Also, no Affliction Efficiency 5 aug? If you had that, you wouldn't much need detri mana pres for anything except Malis... And a poison focus would work great on Nectar, Vengeance, and Sting. Personally I prefer a bit more damage over preserving a bit of mana I have plenty of most of the time. But that's just me.

The best solution is not either/or, but best-of.
Jaraman

Veteran -

Server: The Rathe

Postby Beafly » Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:14 am

Beafly

Veteran -

Server: Tunare

Return to Equipment & Loot