[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - So... Getting to 4th Isle in Sky

So... Getting to 4th Isle in Sky

Information about gear drops and quests, including Epics; also gear checks.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

So... Getting to 4th Isle in Sky

Postby Bigcat Daddy-o » Fri May 05, 2006 1:21 pm

Bigcat Daddy-o

Server: Xegony

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Filobeto » Fri May 05, 2006 1:52 pm

Sunburnt Dmize - 75 Druid <Shadow Congress>
Filobeto

Server: D-Ro

Postby Beafly » Fri May 05, 2006 3:12 pm

85 Webmaster of
Beafly

Veteran -

Server: Tunare

Postby Bigcat Daddy-o » Fri May 05, 2006 3:34 pm

Bigcat Daddy-o

Server: Xegony

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Filobeto » Fri May 05, 2006 3:43 pm

Filobeto

Server: D-Ro

Different

Postby Lestumpette » Fri May 05, 2006 11:51 pm

Hi Big cat,

Yes I think you can do it with that 3-box arrangement.

Read this http://www.mythicvoyagers.com/EQLibrary ... eofSky.htm at least briefly before you go.

I did this yesterday with a nicely geared/AA'd SK. We ported up with no particular strategy other than knowing we would need to kill the island bosses for the keys you can't buy from the Keymaster at the start (SK had all his keys up to Isle 4, I had no keys). To use a key to progress to each island you need to have it on your cursor, stand on one of the round stone pads and click around your feet.

So the first island you can get to without any killing is the Azarack Isle - you buy the key from the Keymaster (dont forget to take a few hundred plat when u port up!). This island is annoying as hell for someone that has never been there before. I recommend porting with invis and running up to the highest spot you can find before you engage the flying red imp creatures. The reason for this is that even though they are LB cons to 70, these little critters can swarm you fast and cause two problems, one for casters and the other for melee. (1) Caster: Apart from the standard interupts and summoning that goes on, they hit you with an unresistable root/freeze-angle-of-view DoT meaning you need to rely on your F8/Fcycle to slow mobs - and because it's difficult to see which ones you have targetted (you lose mouse-look ability when DoTed), you risk pulling in ones not yet agroed; (2) if you are in lower areas then the melee can't hit the mobs plain and simple. The guides all say there are 9 azaracks but trust me it feels more like 20 hehe.

Basically when I was there with the SK we were stuck for ages on low ground until I could take agro from all mobs targetting the SK, so he could re-agro on higher ground .. tough when they summon and there are 5,6,7 or 8 of them buzzing around your ears. The first time I tried this solo I ended up deciding it was too hard and went to jump off the edge, found myself rooted .. OK Radiant Cure fixes that .. yay free to jump .. I jump off thinking I am home free, but nono, these little guys summon you back outa freefall! I got away on the 3rd jump.

When you kill the boss mob on Azarok Isle (Protector of Sky), you need to loot a Broken Mirror and give it to Sirran. He will be floating about somewhere nearby after the boss dies. He gives you a key to the next isle.

The next Isle is tough if you agro the wrong things. Avoid agroing the eyes if possible as they dispell all your buffs pretty quickly. You need to kill a boss mob for the Pegasus isle key (where the Elder Spirit is for the 1.5 turn-in) - he is called Gorgalusk. Funnily enough it was easier for the SK to solo this mob (plus a few adds) .. when I tried to help him I died. Rather than start over I simply got a Guild Hall Summon, looted for the keys, ported backup to Sky and looted the Animal Figurine to hand in to Sirran while the SK stayed FD to avoid agroing Sirran. Apparently Sirran will try to kill you once you kill the boss mob, so this is perhaps another reason for the 1.5 shaman to not be involved in the fight. Sorry I don't have too much info to offer for this island, because I wasn't close to the fighting and saw very little of the mobs and what they can do.

For the final island only the Epic shaman need go, nothing there agroes. Just run around till you find the Epic mob ... one of the flying white horses. You may have to follow him around a bit before he will stop and/or drop down to a level that you can do your turn-in.

This was my second time to PoSky only, having been once before over 4 years earlier on a public raid that failed somewhere after island 4. This zone is different and fun .. quests often take you to weird places and this is no exception .. good luck and enjoy!

Lest
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=292486
Lestumpette

Server: Tunare

Shaman Main

Postby Fandele Longtooth » Sat May 06, 2006 3:11 am

Did exactly that when I did mine a year ago, minus the cleric. I think I was about 5.5k hp, 300-ish AA at the time. Monk was 7k-ish, 500 AA. Azaracks got a little hairy with the stun/lev thingy when we had 4-5 at once, but we managed to pull it off.

I wouldn't worry too much.
Fandele Longtooth

Server: Zebugony

Shaman Main
Rogue - Alt/Box

Postby Arc » Sat May 06, 2006 8:19 pm

Just did this part myself last week. Used the keyed necro, suicided on first isle and then ported back up had myself summoned. Easy as can be took 20 minutes.
Arctycwynd
81 shammy of the 7th Hammer
Savage Arms
Arc

Server: Seventh Hammer

Re: So... Getting to 4th Isle in Sky

Postby Jenguran » Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:21 pm

Jenguran

Return to Equipment & Loot