kayen85 - So you want a Ring of Firewarding

Information about gear drops and quests, including Epics; also gear checks.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

kayen85 - So you want a Ring of Firewarding

Postby Gloriana » Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:42 am

Originally posted to the Crucible in 2003 by Kayen85.

Here is how to get one.

I saw this item on on the web as one of the new drops in Sol C and thought it sure would be nice to have one since not many EE4 items around for your non raid player. Well after much trails and tribulations I did manage to obtain it and would like to share what I learned on how to do get it for any other shamans interested in this great item.

Ring of Firewarding
LORE ITEM MAGIC ITEM NO DROP
AC: +10 Str: +5 Sta: +5 Agi: +10 Wis: +6 Fire Resist: +30 HP: +40 Mana: +40
Weight: 1.0
Classes: Shaman Druid Cleric
Races: All Races
Inventory Slot: Finger
Focus Effect: Extended Enhancement IV

First thing to know is that it drops of Spirtmaster Heili in Sol C. He is quite easy to locate near the Sol C kobold entrance (zone from solb). If you take your first left from zone in, it takes you to a dead end where at the back the spirtmaster spawns. Here is the key info. He does not have a PH he is a constant 3:30 - 4 hour spawn. He is a lv 65 non caster that quads for 400ish which a decent amount of hit points and will take you down fast unslowed, does not summon. Easily slowable with malos. Now I am sure your thinking wow this sounds easy... Alas it is not, the ring is his rare drop and he has 2 other no drop items as well(1h and 2h slashers). So figure spawning every 4 hours with a rare chance at the ring can and does lead to a frustrating camp. However since it is a very timed spawn you can simply kill him go else where and come back assuming no one else is there.

Ok so you actually want to pulll your hair out trying to get this ring? Well here is the tactics I used to do it solo(prob can do at 60 I'd say but very hard). It's doable solo but if you have nice friends its trival. Basically you need to just pop a pet at zone in and fight your way to him(invs wont work). The regular kobolds hit for high 100's and at 65 you can prob tank about 4 at once with Q on so its just a matter of time of getting yourself to the the spirtmaster and not getting overwhelmed. Ok so you finally made it to his spawn and low and behold he is up. Well unfortunatly he has two reg kobolds right next to him and no way of spliting them as a shaman alone. Best way if found was to edge yourself to the wall to the left and target the spirtmaster(he is kinda hidden). You should be just out of aggro range of his guards. Here's the tricky part. Cause your going to get all 3 no matter what and you want them slowed asap of course. So cast your spirtcall on the spirtmaster. Spirtmaster and the two regular kobolds will come running at you but the spirtmaster will get caught up pounding on your 3 pets and your reg pet should then hold off the other two easily. You should have enough time to malos then slow the Spirtmaster before the spirtcall ends. Once he is slowed quickly slow two others(malos isnt needed) and heal your pet up. So now if all went well you have two slowed kobolds and one slowed spirtmaster on you. Hopefully you have a kei and virtue cause your in for a fight. Also need to keep in mind if you don't kill quickly enough you will get repop adds and you prob will die. Best way I found was to root off the spirtmaster in a corner and try to take out the two little ones first. Don't forget to reslow the spirtmaster periodicly. Ok phew you killed both the little ones and only the big ugly spirtmaster with your ring is left. Well nothing special now, just keep yourself Q'd or heck just root rot if you have the spells and killl him. Congradulations loot your EE4 ring and gate out.

Final note. Use the spell Vision to check his spawn if he is up you can hop from mob to mob right up to this spawn to see if he is home before you spend 45 minutes fighting to him.

Hope this was usefull to someone.

Graylok Darkfox
Gloriana

Server: Erollisi Marr

Return to Equipment & Loot