Aridor1 - Solo your way to a full set of Tae Ew armor

Information about gear drops and quests, including Epics; also gear checks.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

Aridor1 - Solo your way to a full set of Tae Ew armor

Postby Gloriana » Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:41 am

Originally posted to the Crucible back in 2003 by Aridor1. Still a handy guide for CT and tradeskilling.

Hey, ever since the patch that put this armor into the game i have been farming tons of it to equip friends, myself, and make a lot of plat off it too. I decided to share my info and what i do to farm it by myself.
to start off, my smithing skill is 0. what i do to get the combines done is there is a person in my server with high brewing and 250 smithing, and i pay him around 500pp per piece of armor he makes me. There is probably somebody like that in all servers so all you have to do is find him.

First of all, Tae Ew blood only drops off lizards, no spiders or raptors or gorillas. i think that most 58+ or so shamans can solo the melee lizards, at 62 i could solo all of them. heres an in-depth look at the beastiary.

Tae Ew Warriors/Warders - they dont cast, summon, and hit for 156max.

Tae Ew Proselyte - These have 2 versions, the shaman version procs an ae slow dot called Bane of Thule, unresistable as far as i could tell, disease cured. casts normal shaman spells like envenomed bolt and turgurs. The cleric version doesn't have the bane of thule proc but uses the cleric nuke and ch's at the end of fight so the fights are usually annoyingly long.

Tae Ew Lifestealer/Spiritcaller/Lifedrinker - unless you have really high poison resists, i would avoid these like plague. they have a 350 to 450 poison based AE rain that they proc and they it a LOT. with 200 poison resist i could get full to partial resists on almost all though, level probably takes a big part in it.

Tae Ew Fanatic/Defender/Zealot/Hunter - these are exactly the same as the Warriors/Warders only a bit higher level and hit harder also. the zealot might have the bane of thule proc but im not positive.

Tae Ew Bloodcaller - by far the nastiest lizard imo, has the 350 ae rain proc that the lifedrinker/spiritcaller/lifedrinkers have, and as if that wasn't enough its also a necromancer, so expect to be snared and dotted HARD. resists recommended for this are high MR, PR and FR.

these are the only ones that i can think of off top of my head really, i might be missing a couple other types. I average 1 blood in 4-5 kills.. sometimes i get 5 bloods in 5 kills, sometimes i get 1 in an hour, its pretty random. Along with the blood you should keep the chunk of tae ew meat because its a cheap way to get your baking to 250. If you go there with a partner or more and can keep these 4 spawns cleared, i recommend scouting around for some spiders and get silks for the tae ew int caster armor pieces.

attached below is a map of 4 red circles, those are the spots in the CT maze that the single lizards are. all of these spots are 100% safe as lizards dont run when low on health and there are no roamers in the maze. To get to the CT maze from the Zi is very simple, all you do is invis up, open the double doors from zi and step out into the courtyard, turn right and you should see a wooden door, open that and you are in the maze. please be careful though, because the named mobs in the maze do see invis, chances are they wont be up though, after weeks of farming there ive only seen one named up ever.

if you have any questions, post below. Hope this helps and may the lizards give you lots of blood.

edit: added link to page of full recipes for CT smithing. http://www.eqtraders.com/secrets/recipes_cazicthule.htm

edit no. 2: it wont let me attach the image of the map with the spots circled, so if anybody wants to host it, post below, until then you will have to be satisfied with eqatlas.com's map.

the lizards above the zi are single killable also. what you do is step outside of the double doors at zi, invis of course. then go up either stairs on your immediate right or left. there will be a lizard that is also always a warder or warrior (the easiest lizies), directly behind them there is a door. both sides of the door is the same, so open the door and go in, there is a narrow hall leading down to a turn. all the way down at the turn is where you should summon and park your pet. then run up, tag the lizard with just proximity aggro or slow it and bring it back to your puppy. no adds there either. i usually kill these when im camping zi because some group is at maze. deeper down the hall, after the turn, there is a room with a well and 3 lizard spawns but all of them will come unless you have a fd/harmony puller.

Originally Posted by maggok
last time i checked CT to get into maze, there was always an aggressor up. they see invi!!! so no easy run to maze. is there an additional way to get in? instead of the wizzi port?

Originally Posted by Bandicoot
The aggressor above the entrance door only stays up if nobody kills him. As he is significantly harder than the warders this can be a while. I imagine you could skirt around his aggro range without getting his attention (ie. through the camp fire). I managed to kill him with a 58 shaman and monk eventually (after several attempts). I am not sure what he does but around 20% health his damage output goes through the roof! He seems to throw off Turgur's at 20% each time but not sure exactly what else he does. I would recommend a stronger force than a 58 duo. The monk managed to single pull him by going out invis, then vicinity pulling...also pulled one or two others but managed to FD split them...
Gloriana

Server: Erollisi Marr

Return to Equipment & Loot