[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - tips for levelling evolving items

tips for levelling evolving items

Information about gear drops and quests, including Epics; also gear checks.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

tips for levelling evolving items

Postby Henora » Mon Dec 05, 2005 6:23 pm

does anyone have any tips for levelling evolving items?

I recently completed the Vestiges of the Empire quest and received The Shattered Blade. It is pretty spiffy since I never managed to get ahold of the MPG trial range, plus it has a neat unique graphic.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=44679

I did about 15 AA this weekend and it's only at 3% and that's even worse than I thought it would be. I've heard that it is quantity of mobs that you kill that levels it best, that killing 10 very low blues is better than killing 1 red mob (even though you get more regular experience for a red). I have heard that only certain TYPES of mob kills will count towards evolving item advancement (such as only shiliskin or only werewolves). Is there any truth to that?

Thanks
, shaman of - Terris Thule ( now The Rathe )
Henora

Server: Terris Thule > Prexus > The Rathe

Shaman Main
Druid - Alt/Box

Postby wsbsteven » Mon Dec 05, 2005 6:32 pm

My mage's noggle shield gained exp in Charasis but it seems to take forever to lvl. It reminds me of the original hell lvls with the hybrid exp penalty. I'm hoping someone has the magic answer that will tell us how to lvl it fast. Alla needs more info on the Vestiges of the Empire quest Henora and I know that you have given alot of info on the DoD expansion. Could you give info on this quest too?
Sabraaz, 70 Iksar Shaman
Tribunal Server

"And as it was in the days of Noah, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of Man."
wsbsteven

Server: The Tribunal

Postby Samanna » Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:40 pm

The only thing I have heard or read so far was from Zajeer:

Evolving Items could have up to eight levels, with a goal of approximately 10 hours of XP for each level, whereas Intelligent Items could have up to three levels, with slower levelling; he [Zajeer] explained that only solo/group kill XP (not quest, not raid) went towards Intelligent item levels, and that class/race bonuses/penalties did not apply at all.

I have heard nothing about certain mobs or quantity vs. quality.
Samanna

Veteran -----

Server: Prexus

Shaman Main

Postby Scowls » Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:32 pm

Scowls

Veteran -

Server: Prexus (TerrisThule)

Postby Gonlok » Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:45 pm

has 10 levels, throwing that 8 level thing out the window.
Gonlok

Postby Samanna » Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:27 pm

Samanna

Veteran -----

Server: Prexus

Shaman Main

Postby Gonlok » Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:34 am

is level 10 :O
Gonlok

Postby taraddar » Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:57 am

I haven't gotten any evolving or intelligent items yet to see how things work but I know group and raid leader aa's worked like that. They took 20% of your incoming exp and just gave a fixed amount of raid or group leader exp per kill towards an the aa. Took the same number of kills to a get a leader aa in a full raid getting jack for real exp or exping in a single group and getting major aa's in the same time frame. I could get a full leader aa point in a PoTime clearing while barely seen any movement in regular aa's or get several aa's in an exp group before I got a single leader aa. I maxed out my group aa's being a group leader in raids like PoTime. It's possible that it works the same way. If thats the case aeing lots of really low blue mobs would be the best way to level up an item. Should be possible to get several dozen kills in a single aa pretty easily with the right group in the right place. Take the right group to a light blue/low blue zone and ae the heck out of it and it should be pretty obvious pretty quickly if it's a fixed amount per kill like leader aa's or it's actually getting the percent of the exp that it's taking. If you went crazy and use a warrior to shakerpage all of innovation or plane of decay it should be really obvious.

Lvl 70 Barb shaman
of
on Cazic Thule
taraddar

Postby Catmandew » Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:46 am

I've had http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=44843 for about a month now, and have only 42% completed towards first level. XP seems to be a lot more for soloing with it vs grouping. Can solo LB's in Howling Stones or Nadox for an hour or so and get 2 or 3% xp towards it, same amount of time in a group in RCoD or WoS will not see the XP go up at all for me.

Also, is a very smart alecky weapon, always saying that Plane of Tranquility is nice this time of year, and telling me that when i get killed, that it hoped it hurt.
Catmandew

Server: Stromm

Shaman Main

Postby taraddar » Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:43 pm

taraddar

Postby Henora » Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:36 pm

Henora

Shaman Main
Druid - Alt/Box

Postby Kumeldar » Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:59 pm

Kumeldar

Server: Drinal

Warrior Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Ambrosha » Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:00 am

Ambrosha

Postby stroudja » Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:23 pm

LB and DB in droga yield about 10-15% per hour on
stroudja

Ranger Main

Postby Estebar » Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:09 pm

Estebar

Server: The Rathe

Postby Helspont » Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:44 pm

There is no such thing as luck, only skill.
Helspont

Server: Xegony

Shaman Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby Henora » Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:49 am

Henora

Shaman Main
Druid - Alt/Box

Postby Bigsnack For'Mobs » Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:25 pm

Bigsnack For'Mobs