[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Coming Back - Where to go from here

Coming Back - Where to go from here

General Discussion for the EverQuest Shaman.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

Coming Back - Where to go from here

Postby Angryor » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:06 pm

Greetings,

Another returning shaman. I left right around the level increase to 70. I've purchased all of the new expansions except the latest.

I'm 3 boxing with my monk, cleric and want to keep my shaman at 69 until they catch up with me. I'm basically grinding out AA until they hit 69. I'm camping Veksar and getting about 1 AA per 15 minutes. this is while camped with my monk, cleric and the 3 mercs.

Way back when all of this info was on the Shamans crucible there was a list of recommended AA progression. I found that list but it's old and I wasn't sure if it's still the tried and true "recommendation" of the community. I realize I should tweak as needed to fit my play style, which I consider casual and only grouped with myself. lol

There's so many new things now that I'm just not sure where to go or what to do. I'm basically just grinding.

What advice would you give me in regards to AA, gear (I /baz defiant) and spells?

Here's my Magelo:
Shaman http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1910424

Monk - http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1910426
Cleric - http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1910425

Thank you,

Angryor
Angryor

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box
Cleric - Alt/Box

Re: Coming Back - Where to go from here

Postby RewtsnDots » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:20 pm

In your boxing group, I wouldn't stop to get more than 100 AA until at least lvl 80.

For the shaman, just get Canni5 and its upgrades that are avail at your level.

You say you are getting 4 aa / hour now. I am getting around at least 20 per hour at lvl 90, get there or at least closer before you do much aa work.

There are other things along the way that you will need to do, like the merc upgrade quest, but you will need help or you will suffer for a long time.
RewtsnDots

Shaman Main

Postby dohrian » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:56 am

Quick look on your magelo, you should get epic 1.5 for shaman and cleric, and also virulent paralysis 3 on shaman. Do not bother on gear, defiant is fine for now.

Doh
, Master alchemist / baker / brewer / fletcher / jeweler / potter / smith / tailor
dohrian

Server: Karana -> Ayonae Ro -> Tribunal -> Bristle

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby Angryor » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:17 pm

Thanks for the advice guys. I grabbed VP3 and I'm going to take the advice of leveling and working on the 1.5 Epic. That should keep me moving around the zones for a bit while I get used to all the new things.

Hard to come back after so long and not feel lost with so many changes. =)
Angryor

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Angryor » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:49 pm

Just found that I could buy my 70 - 75 spells in Icefall Glacier from an NPC. It was nice to pick them up rather than try to fill the missing 65 - 70 spells.

This is good info for someone coming back in that level range. Here's the link to the NPC .

I keep reading about level 85+ missions that are instances. Is there an equivalent for level 70 - 75 that I can 3 box and reset when finished?
Angryor

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby frocus » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:38 am

At 70-75 you may be able to do Mech Guardian instances if you have done any of the void Progressions for mercs if not I'd recommend doing Oceangreen hills progression for your team then Kith progression so you have at least J3 mercs you won't be able to do Field of scale and Warrens arcs til your 75 tho because of level requirements on the tasks if I remember right. both Ocean green hills and kith progression lines should be decent xp from the tasks and the jump from j1 to j3 mercs is pretty nice the cleric mercs get a 10% heal increase or so per rank and the tanks get fairly significant mitigation and hp boosts. Not so sure on what the dps mercs got since by the time they came out i had j5's unlocked for all toons and didn't want to waste money parsing how big a change it was. Tbs didn't really have many good group instances as far as i remember and the Mech guardian one is more geared for level 75-80ish players than 70-75 but might be doable like I said early in post.
frocus

Postby Angryor » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:02 pm

Thanks Frocus, I'll take a look at the Oceangreen hills progression.
Angryor

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box
Cleric - Alt/Box

Return to Heyokah's Lodge