[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Peristant Casting VS Ogre

Peristant Casting VS Ogre

General Discussion for the EverQuest Shaman.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

Peristant Casting VS Ogre

Postby Mordoran » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:46 pm

Hi all, I used the search and there was a discussion about this in 2007. At that point the cap was level 75 so it won't kill anybody to bring it up again :)

Anyways, I was hoping somebody could shed some light on this issue. I have a 76 ogre shaman on Firiona Vie, which is a dead server with an economy focused on buying plat. I can't transfer him off the server and he has no Time's Antithesis.

Then I have a 70 barbarian shaman on Antonius Bayle (my old main, with a Time's Antithesis). Persistant casting works from behind, which is somewhat nice, but the ogre unstunnability is incredible. If I maxed out persistant casting, how does it compare to being unstunnable? I'd rather not spend money on a race change (and therefore a name change) if I don't have to. I like my character as is (with the exception of being stunned).

I guess, ultimately, I want to know how effective persistant casting is. If somebody knows the exact % of success (when maxed) I would be eternally grateful. I understand that I will still be stunned when I want to move, or cast a new spell, but I'm willing to compromise.
Mordoran

Server: Firiona Vie

Shaman Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Re: Peristant Casting VS Ogre

Postby Sowslow » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:16 pm

My understanding is persistent casting has an extremely low rate of effectiveness. Making its usefulness almost worthless. Sorry I don't know the exact %, but even if it were 100%, the times it can fire are very small. Also, it doesn't stop you from being stunned, only allows you to cast through it. There is a big difference.
Ogre stun immunity is probably going to be better even with its limitations.
Also, you don't have to change your name if you change your race. What does the class change cost $10?
Sowslow

Server: The Rathe -> Quellious -> Povar

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Mordoran » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:13 pm

Thanks.

I was well aware that I'd still get stunned. I appreciate your input about persistant casting (makes me sad :( ). I'm getting stunned about once a fight and it's driving me crazy.

You can't do a class change, but I assume you meant race change. The race change is $25. The reason I need race and name change is that my name is not good for an ogre at all (another $15). I care about that kind of thing. I'm thinking of doing a server xfer too, so I want to avoid spending unnecessary money.

Edit: If I wanted to server transfer and get a free name change in the process, could I name a character, on the server I wish to transfer too, the same as the character I wish to transfer? Would it allow me to change my name for free?
Mordoran

Shaman Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:46 am

Would it be impertinent to suggest just making a new guy on whatever server you want? An ogre obviously, with whatever name you want... and then just leveling him up? Time's Antithesis has pretty narrow usability these days, just from levels 65 to 77. With a tank mercenary buddy or even just solo, at those times you can't find groups, you can get to 78 pretty darn quickly.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Mordoran » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:47 pm

Well I did some research, like charting how many people were on 5 different servers (general chat, /who 70, 75, 80 all, /who 90 shaman, cleric, war) during different times of the day and I'm satisfied with FV. The free server xfers may have helped. I was going to free xfer my shaman with the TA, but I had no clue how good rank 2 Turgur's Swarm is. No recast is swell, but I'll take the resist check.

So I've got my ogre and I'm satisfied.
Mordoran

Shaman Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:23 am

Ya, just 2 dings away from [almost completely] not caring about Time's Antithesis :)
Brohg

Veteran ----

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Tredes » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:40 am

Is an Ogre Shaman that much better or worse than the rest of the races?
Tredes

Server: Savannah GA

Berserker Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:44 am

Ogre anythings are that much better than the rest of the races. Warriors eventually cover up the difference with sufficient AA, but ogre sk/bst/shm/hackedbardsoranythingelse all are much better than any alternative.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Tredes » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:51 am

Makes me feel alot better then for picking an ogre than the other races.

Now I keep seeing all the talk about time's antithesis. My shaman just hit level 80, only 100 AA. I am still using the level 51 spell of tugurs to slow, but is the AA got a long resue? I have not looked into AA's yet and havent started to plan them out, but does the AA of tugurs have a long recast time that times antithesis makes it worth it to cover it up? or does the spell of tugurs just not cover the required amount of slowing anymore?
Tredes

Server: Savannah GA

Berserker Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:07 am

Turgur's Swarm casts in 2 sec, with a 6sec cooldown. You can see the rest of its stats at http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=13144

The second rank of the AA doubles the resist adjust.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby AbyssalMage » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:37 am

AbyssalMage

Beastlord Main
Cleric - Alt/Box
Necromancer - Alt/Box