[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Cripple and a few other questions

Cripple and a few other questions

General Discussion for the EverQuest Shaman.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

Cripple and a few other questions

Postby Gemmah » Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:15 am

As an old player come back to EQ, I'm pretty confused! I play on the test server and mostly solo on workdays, and do small groups on my days off. I'm pretty casual, and don't anticipate raiding or anything heavy-duty.

I have seen a few people casting cripple spells as well as slow on mobs. Is cripple worth casting now? I thought it used to be pretty worthless. I've just started back and I'm only in the mid-40s so mobs don't really last long enough to tell right now, lol.

I see that stats have changed a lot. Is there still an AC cap?

I have a tank merc, and his behaviour confuses me sometimes, although I know they are supposed to be pretty dumb. I have died twice because he took off when I got 3-4 mobs, even though we could have easily killed them :roll: What roles should I set us on? I found that setting myself as puller was bad because I kept forgetting to bring him along when I was dungeon crawling. (Right now I'm doing a lot of LDONs because I never got to do any before, and also because I read the 8% dodge augment is really good.)

This is the most helpful forum. I have been reading the wiki all week :) This game is a lot more complex than it used to be, when I used to keep equipment lists on 3x5 index cards, and everybody wore the same thing. (My old cleric was wearing a blood-stained tunic, skull-shaped barbute, and a ringmail cloak. Defiant armor nearly made me faint, hehe.)
Gemmah

Shaman Main

Re: Cripple and a few other questions

Postby dohrian » Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:12 am

Hello,

quick answer :

Yes cripple is still good, but mostly on raid mobs, or mobs that last longer than a short fight... For most mobs slow is enough.
Yes merc tank are dumb, especially on multiple mobs.
Yes there is still an AC cap, that's why you should put AC aug on your shield.

Get new armor and enjoy the game !

Doh
, Master alchemist / baker / brewer / fletcher / jeweler / potter / smith / tailor
dohrian

Server: Karana -> Ayonae Ro -> Tribunal -> Bristle

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby Gunner » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:13 am

A higher tiered Merc is less likely to run. The higher tiers become avail from Void progression.
Gunner

Shaman Main

Postby WaringMcMarrin » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:27 am

WaringMcMarrin

Veteran -

Server: The Tribunal(Ayonae Ro)

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Dralnu » Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:57 pm

Yes, as was stated before, cripple is nice. In higher content, mobs have quite a bit of HP and cripple does increase DPS. This pretty much goes back to one of the main utilities of a shaman, and that is boosting the melee DPS of others.

As far as the tank merc goes: Yes, the tank merc is more likely to run away if it is a lower tier. At the same time, setting group roles will often fix this issue to an extent. ALWAYS have merc set as main tank if your intent is to have him tank. It is also good to set a puller in group settings, and main assist will keep the merc focused on the targeted mob when he isn't taunting to keep agro. The reason the tank will take off sometimes is he is set to pull agro off any mob who you have agro with... If a mob runs and socials another mob halfway across the zone, the merc will take off to pull agro from that mob. This is why setting puller will often help
Dralnu

Shaman Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby mackilvenny » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:24 am

mackilvenny

Server: Scotland

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Return to Heyokah's Lodge