[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - And I'm out

And I'm out

General Discussion for the EverQuest Shaman.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

And I'm out

Postby Bigcat Daddy-o » Wed May 20, 2009 9:49 pm

Suspended my EQ accounts again, probably till the next expac comes out. Golfing and probably playing WOW for the summer. Will likely log in here for a bit till I start losing touch.

Till then, take care!
Ride free brother.
Bigcat Daddy-o

Server: Xegony

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Re: And I'm out

Postby Jaraman » Thu May 21, 2009 9:46 am

Wow, that was sudden. Guess you achieved what you wanted, so now onto the next project(s). Enjoy the rest of the summer while the weather's good (rainy and overcast here in Florida).

Until next time.

The best solution is not either/or, but best-of.
Jaraman

Veteran -

Server: The Rathe

Postby Bigcat Daddy-o » Thu May 21, 2009 10:31 am

Not really. I usually burn out from boxing by around January (mostly when I boxed 5), but lasted well in to May boxing 3, mainly due to mercs. I have had a blast this expac, but unfortunately didn't quite finish my goals (getting my SK to 85 and in full T5. He has most of the T5 armor essences but is only 83.8 or so). I knew I wouldn't make it when I was falling asleep within 30 minutes of grinding his xp.

I was contemplating flipping to the raiding scene on my shaman and was in conversation with folks from the big guilds on Xegony about same, but a good friend is actively raiding in WOW and they need a Paladin... and I am missing WOW a bit

I really find that I like to play WOW through the summer because it is so casual. I am not much of a tradeskiller but in WOW I find I enjoy it (mostly virtual fishing and cooking!) It's a different game and not for everyone (well, it is for about 5 gazillion people) but I like it... in the summer.

Judging from my past behavior, I will start missing EQ somewhere around September and be back by October for the new expac, going hard core somewhere around November when I can't golf any more.
Bigcat Daddy-o

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Tharkis » Thu May 21, 2009 11:07 am

*lights bigcat's tail on fire*

You'll be back, you cant leave =D See you in september or whatnot
Tharkis

Veteran -

Server: Stormhammer

Shaman Main

Postby Veril » Thu May 21, 2009 12:26 pm

so not the time to quit, with a double XP weekend starting in 1 day.
Veril

Veteran -

Server: Antonius Bayle

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Bigcat Daddy-o » Thu May 21, 2009 4:53 pm

I know!

The computer I use for WOW had a tiny HD (40gig) so I had to delete EQ to make space... Might have to reinstall and postpone that exodus for this weekend. So annoying.
Bigcat Daddy-o

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Jaraman » Fri May 22, 2009 12:33 am

Aye, come back temporarily at least while the double XP is here.

And you know what, you really ought to figure out which of your toons you feel most strongly about, and give raiding a chance. Hopefully with a well-organized guild. With all your EQ exp, you're really missing out on half the universe that is EQ by not raiding. Of course, it will require a different mindset, such as wait time, specific instructions you need not stray from, and the ability to read chat from 5 different windows at the same time while simultaneously responding to half a dozen tells while needing to heal your group (at least that's part of the excitement of being a raiding shaman).

Totally different world. As a moloing shaman, you get to be puller/healer/tank/dps. As a raiding shaman, you'll not stray far from group healer and buff-bot, but the game will have such a different sense/feel of involvement and responsibility that you may find it addicting...
Jaraman

Veteran -

Server: The Rathe

Postby Bigcat Daddy-o » Fri May 22, 2009 10:51 am

Just found out last night that I am retarded.. 'Course this probably wasn't news to you folks. hehe.

Looks like I had only partitioned off 40k of the drive when I set up the comp as I was in a hurry to get EQ up and running I never bothered to allocate/format the other 210 gb... Imagine my surprise when I was chatting with a friend going 'wtf? why did I buy such a small HD??' and we discovered the 210 unformatted portion... /DOH!

Anyway, yah I think I will reload tonight and run the double xp weekend to try to finish my SK to 85 before hiatus.

This is true Jarjar. I had a very bad experience with raiding a couple years back, and it turned me off completely. There are still about a half dozen people on my ignore and TOS list. (Train on Sight) from that experience. I do raid in WOW, so understand the part you are talking about, but haven't SERIOUSLY raided EQ probably since Velious with Inner Circle...

Maybe when I come back in the fall I will give it a go after leveling and stuff.

As to which toon I feel strongest about, it is always my Shaman.
Bigcat Daddy-o

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Return to Heyokah's Lodge