[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - "Cheating" the epic (faction)

"Cheating" the epic (faction)

General Discussion for the EverQuest Shaman.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

"Cheating" the epic (faction)

Postby Reiker » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:15 pm

Quick, simple question... can you still get max ally on epic 1.0 by turning in woe/envy/marrs promise and then completing it with the tear?
Reiker

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box

Re: "Cheating" the epic (faction)

Postby Brohg » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:26 pm

yes
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Reiker » Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:01 am

Just thought of another question... once you complete the epic and receive your Spear of Fate, can you "restart" the epic to obtain your sow boots? I'm assuming yes.
Reiker

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:16 am

Black Fur Boots are not lost in making the Spear of Fate
Brohg

Veteran ----

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Ughbash » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:48 am

Tunares' Froggie Shaman,
Hipitey Hop [Watchkeepers]
Ughbash

Veteran --

Server: tunare

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Reiker » Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:02 pm

a) Brohg, I haven't done epic 1.0 in years... but I thought Dark Fur boots were after the Woe/Envy stage and therefore not rewarded if you use that method to obtain the epic?

b) I'm returning for the next progression server... amassing woes/envies/marrs promises before Kunark is even released is faster :p
Reiker

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Ughbash » Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:04 pm

Ughbash

Veteran --

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Reiker » Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:39 am

Peg Leg et al didn't spawn until Kunark the first time, so I'm pretty sure my best option is to have a bunch of alts with Woe/Envy/Marr's Promise.
Reiker

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Mukkul » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:56 pm

No one uses Peg Leg's gem for faction because the boost is very low (10 points). Woe/Envy/Marr is easily the most efficient, outside of the proper route of faction.

Yes if for some goofy reason you forgot to get the black fur boots before, you can easily get them later with enough faction. BTW, Spirit Walk AA makes the boots obsolete.
Mukkul

Server: Fennin Ro

Postby Bigcat Daddy-o » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:24 pm

Ride free brother.
Bigcat Daddy-o

Server: Xegony

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Ughbash » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:35 pm

Ughbash

Veteran --

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Kumudil » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:59 am

, ,
Kumudil

Server: Antonius Bayle

Shaman Main
Druid - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Chunky » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:35 am

How many hand-ins of woes/envies/marrs promise would it take to max the faction assuming you'd done the earlier parts of the quest ?
Chunky

Shaman Main

Postby Mukkul » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:43 pm

Mukkul

Postby Ughbash » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:16 pm

Ughbash

Veteran --

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Mukkul » Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:06 pm

Mukkul

Postby Ughbash » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:48 am

Ughbash

Veteran --

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Retron » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:28 pm

Retron

Server: Antonius Bayle (ex-VS)

Shaman Main
Beastlord - Alt/Box

Postby Bigcat Daddy-o » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:40 pm

Bigcat Daddy-o

Server: Xegony

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Hecude Poison`Blood » Thu May 14, 2009 3:05 am

I think this still works but not sure since i havnt played in a while. You can have a max faction shaman get the tear for you, summon the last guy and kill him and let you loot the scale. You turn in scale to the wolf in the lake and you have your epic. I dont think max faction is needed to do the turn in, only to do the final summon.

|____________________Click below for all your Anime Needs____________________|
Hecude Poison`Blood

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Thu May 14, 2009 12:08 pm

Brohg

Veteran ----

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Zyrek » Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:20 pm

the pegleg/gem/gate method is even better if you have a druid to port you to bb and gate back with you to fp
Zyrek

Server: The Seventh Hammer

Shaman Main

Postby Kiru » Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:04 pm

Kiru

Server: Stromm

Shaman Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Druid - Alt/Box

Postby Doranur_Aleguzzler » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:34 pm

I used the druid port/gate/Peg Leg option when I testcopied. Got tired of camping the one rare drop in CoM, and somebody had just killed the golems and the broodling was up. Zoned in, got a CoH and looted the tear. I don't feel bad about it because I have twice now done it the correct way. No idea how to track how many points you get per turn in, but I checked faction after each:

First turn in to Bondl - indifferent to amiable (had already done up to Test of Patience)
Second - Amiable to Kindly
Third thru fourth - kindly to warmly
Fifth thru eighth - warmly to ally
Ninth thru 16th - ally, gave up and did Woe/Envy one time to max ally.

Probably would have been maybe four more times giving the gem to Bondl to max it out? Anyways I bound both shaman and druid at Bondl, ported to Buthcerblock, gated druid back as shaman ran to Peg Leg. Made a hotkey for the text so all I had to do was target and hit hotkey, bag the gem, and gate. Rinse, repeat.

I did the whole max ally faction with Peg Leg once before on a little shaman I started up on a new server once, as I was getting xp for the kills. This was a long time ago, many years, and I don't recall how many times it took, as I only did the hand in once per Peg Leg spawn for some silly reason, over a few day period.
"They make a wondrous mess of things. Brave amateurs, they do their part."
Doranur_Aleguzzler

Server: Mayong

Shaman Main
Wizard - Alt/Box
Bard - Alt/Box

Return to Heyokah's Lodge