[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Shaman 1.0 issue

Shaman 1.0 issue

General Discussion for the EverQuest Shaman.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

Shaman 1.0 issue

Postby angrydwarf73 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:52 pm

Has any one recently attempted or successfully completed the shaman 1.0? I'm currently stuck at a locked door that according to other sites has no key and the suggested bypasses don't work what so ever. Ive even boxed a rougue to lockpick and was un successful. IN CoM on the portion of the epic tasks to turn in the ring to Neh'Ashiir, I can't reach her due to the locked door described before. and the only other way to get to her is useing the lift in the temple which the key to unlock that drops off of Neh'Ashiir and is a temporary no rent item. with the new expansion doingg away with corpses how are we newer shammies supposed to get to this vital portion of the Epic Quest. Any sugestions? The Devs do not seem to be sympathetic to this plight either.
angrydwarf73

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Re: Shaman 1.0 issue

Postby Sowslow » Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:03 pm

Used to be able to lev around the side of the building to get past the locked door up high. From there you could have your pet attack the name and then quickly back off to pull him to you. That worked only a few months ago.
Sowslow

Server: The Rathe -> Quellious -> Povar

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Kruzar » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:34 pm

What lockpick skill does your Rogue have? Some of the doors in game can only be picked at a certain skill level.... and I am almost 100% sure that CoM is one of those doors. I have done this quest for lots of Shammy friends, and have never had an issue with the door.... but then again I am maxed out lockpick skill.
Kruzar- Kitty Rogue of 85 Seasons
Kyleanea- Barbarian Shaman of 75 Seasons
Kruzar

Rogue Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Jarcey Heyokah » Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:51 am

I've had a rogue and a bard both unlock this door. 200 skill lvl is required.

How ever i'm having an issue. Throught out 5 years i've dont parts of this quest. Have done every step. I had issue's w/ the turn in the hole. But actually did a couple of the first parts of the quest too finally get my turn in too work there. So after checking poFear for the last 2 months i finally got my iskar tear.
Went too com and dropped Lord Rak'Ashiir got my Iksar scale and have max faction (ally) and when i turn the scale into the spirit sentinel in the pond he hands it back too me and says i have no need for this and hands it back too me.
Jarcey
85th Season SHM

Dethsangel Beckons
85th Season SHD

Rheece
80th Season MAG

Yeah I 3box... /shrug

Stop Canni Time....

May the Great Spirit bless you, your home,
and those you love with peace and happiness.
Jarcey Heyokah

Server: The Nameless

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Funi » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:45 am

Pretty sure a key drops now by killing mobs in front and around the door. It's been a pretty long time but I think from the mobs that blind?
Funi

Shaman Main

Postby angrydwarf73 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:12 am

I've tried the lev trick i can't get high enough to get above the edge of the landing. I have all 100% wiegh red bags and tried on a mount at full gallop. The rougue I had has 202 lockpick skill and I get a message that I an't use that skill when I attempt to lockpick. I've camped for days in CoM killing everything trying to get a key and as all but 3-4 of the mobs are grey to me that was very much a waste of time. I' am now giving up on he 1.0 and moving on to the 1.5 and 2.0's. Thanks all for your replys and suggestions
angrydwarf73

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Bigcat Daddy-o » Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:29 am

I don't know anything about this problem that you are having, but I would imagine it is very frustrating. I last did the full Shaman epic when Velious was still new and shiny.

One thing I do know though, if you are dead set on getting the epic 1.0 the only part you need to complete is the tear turn in. Everything else you can by pass by maxxing out faction as described recently by Brogh in another post. IIRC it is the Rathe mountain spawns that are easy to repeat till max faction. Get the tear and do that portion and you are done.

In any case, bypassing it for the 1.5 is probably a better use of your time.

Good luck whatever you decide!
Ride free brother.
Bigcat Daddy-o

Server: Xegony

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Jarcey Heyokah » Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:25 pm

on the lev trick... when your on the ramp w/ the first locked door

get on the ledge too the left of door... drop you lev and jump up on top of the door overhang... lev up again and run around the corner... you should be able too then make it around the ledge.

but if you dont have a lockpick'r w/ you you still wont be able too get the agro and pull him out
Jarcey Heyokah

Server: The Nameless

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:12 pm

Pulling is np. "/pet attack a_black_reaver" gets it right out.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby fendaann » Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:28 pm

Jul 18th 2008 - post http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?zone=98
lev'ing around the doors... the trick here is pingtimes\framerate, if you drop too fast you need to be on a faster machine.

Trying on my old clunker PC I drop like a ton of bricks... but logged on using the wifes nice new PC(on same router) and was able to lev across just fine.

Getting him out of the room is the tricky part, I was able to do the mount dismount into the door after 2nd mount I was able to target the reaver and get him out with the pet and then back the pet off to the bridge area where its clear... it took some trying but definately doable solo as a mage.

One other thing, they Eye trick DOES NOT open doors anymore....was nerfed many moons ago by some sick dev that thought this crap wasn't hard enough already.

and a Feb 6th 2006 post http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?zone=98
The elevator, and the 1st locked door are operated/opened with:
Key of Torsis

However, this key drops from: Neh`Ashiir Who spawns behind that 2nd locked door.

To get this either bring a rogue/bard friend or:

When you reach the 1st locked door on the mist bridges, jump on the ledge, then on to the doorway of the locked door. (I was unable to do this as a small model, and so I used a skeleton illusion and it woked fine.) Once on top of the doorway, levitate yourself, and run around to the bridge behind the locked door.

To get past the 2nd locked door you need a rogue/bard. There is no key known for it. You can however, use a pet to attack the black reaver that spawns inside. There are several ways to attempt to pull this mob. If you have a class that has a pet (Druid, Beastlord, Magician, Enchanter with pet AA) use their pet by typing /target a_black_reaver then /pet attack.

So your saying this does not work any more or are you on a slower pc
fendaann

Server: Quellious - POVAR

Wizard Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Return to Heyokah's Lodge