[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Level/AA

Level/AA

General Discussion for the EverQuest Shaman.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

Level/AA

Postby mackilvenny » Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:07 am

hey all,

looking for some advice, my wife and I have been staying at 65 to blast through some AA, but are thinking now about trying to level to 71 then AA again (71 since we have a few bits of gnollish gear in the bank). Just wondering if there are any AA I should pick up first or on the way? (other than advanced pet discipline which I already plan on getting - dog dog keeps breaking my VP!), also any gear I should keep an eye out for?

Mostly we'll be duoing - although aren't totaly opposed to PUGs, guild is pretty quiet these days though so just depends on whos LFG.

Cheers

edit: this is my wifes magelo incase it's relevant to anything http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1329895
mackilvenny

Server: Scotland

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Re: Level/AA

Postby Brohg » Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:25 am

SCRM and Quick Buff AA are something you really have to have as a shaman, and you should keep your Canni AA maxed for what you can buy. Buy Turgur's Swarm whenever it becomes available, and Call of the Wild, and Virulent Paralysis. Other than those, or even without them, you're free to level as high as you like. You gain a ton of power going up levels.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Veril » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:25 am

Goto the following page, the 32aa mentioned there produce massive benefits: http://samanna.net/eq.shaman/sham.aas.shtml

Run3 (3); Metab3 or Regen3 (3)
Mental Clarity 3 (12)
Cani5 (5)
Virulent Paralysis 1 (3); Radiant Cure1 (3)
Mnemonic Retention (3)

Spell Casting Master 3 (12AA) is probably the most powerful 12AA you can ever spend, it's a pervasive mana saving that never stops working.

+ broghs suggestions

Note that the luclin AA's also offer the best return for the time invested: healing, defensive, crits. Very powerful.
Veril

Veteran -

Server: Antonius Bayle

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Finori » Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:25 pm

The old AA prerequisites are gone. So you could skip Run3 and surely should skip Meta/Regen3.
Finori

Postby Veril » Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:52 pm

I would never skip run 3. It's too useful. It's the first AA's I buy on ever character whatever they are. Run5 I buy as soon as the characters can get it as well. It's always on and never need to worry about losing SoW type buffs.

And meta3 is awesome IMO, especially if you have stat food and drink (which I do)

Heck, all the luclin AA's are pretty damn good.
Veril

Veteran -

Server: Antonius Bayle

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby mackilvenny » Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:06 am

Cheers will max out my SCR/SCRM and Quick buff before I go all out level
mackilvenny

Server: Scotland

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby knumhotep » Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:08 pm

I always feel like such a bad shaman cause I must be the only one that still does NOT have VP at lvl 73 :) I duo with my box SK so just haven't thought it to be that important. So, almost 600 aa on my shaman and no VP. I'll have to get it sometime, hehe.
knumhotep

Druid Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Return to Heyokah's Lodge