[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - why shaman don't buff anymore

why shaman don't buff anymore

General Discussion for the EverQuest Shaman.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

why shaman don't buff anymore

Postby zantocon » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:10 pm

zantocon

Server: The Rathe

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box

Re: why shaman don't buff anymore

Postby Funi » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:16 pm

I've never not once taken plat for buffs in over 9 years of play. That said if I get a tell with a "please" in there some where I tend to buff. If I get the feel the person expects me to preform a duty I tend to ignore them. No, I don't have to buff but YOU HAVE to treat me with courtesy to get buffs from me :)
Funi

Shaman Main

Postby Veril » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:23 pm

I don't buff random tells. It's too annoying to do so, I have other things to do. I don't walk around with buffs memmed.
Veril

Veteran -

Server: Antonius Bayle

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Sydena » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:17 am

/

Shaman Officer of
Sydena

Server: Bristlebane / Maryland

Shaman Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Bugweiser » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:51 am

I got one for you. WTH is can i BUM a (blood,sta,haste etc....) How do you bum a buff? Drives me nust when peeps ask me that I tend to ignore or I will ask them, how do you bum a buff? Are you gonna give it back? Or I tell them you can not bum a buff, you bum cigaretts or a soda. Boneheads. :evil:
Bugweiser

Shaman Main

Postby Mojarda » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:06 am

I always offer donations for rezzes and cleric buffs, and I always thank them. An unsolicited rezz/buff usually gets a double donation. On E-marr it's about 50/50 on who accepts my donation and who rejects it saying it's "free".

If MGB is up when I run through the GL, I almost always toss one out. If asked politely for a buff, I usually respond. If I get a "buffs plz", they get ignored. As for accepting donations, it's situational for me. If I know you, it's free. If your extra polite, it's free. If I just got rezzed and buffed for free, it's free from me. If you're in a larger guild, I won't ask for a donation, but will accept one if offered. If your a 10th level warrior wearing a fungi, wielding a BoC, and offering me 500p after I gave you some lowbie buffs, I'll accept it. If your a 10th level warrior in tutorial gear wielding a velium short sword and offering me 25p, it's free and I'll likely tell you to /poke at me for buffs anytime I'm in the GL.

My goal is to break even between donating for rezzes and accepting donations for buffs. I don't want to be taken, and I don't want to take anyone.
Mojarda Spyritwalker
85 Shaman of Avatar Elite
E-Marr
Mojarda

Shaman Main
Ranger - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby HawklordXegony » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:27 pm

Zantocon, I share your sentiment but you got exactly what you deserved. What did you think the result of asking that question would be? "Oh, sir! Yes, sir! I will gladly pay 2k PP for your four buffs! You are so kind!" :P

If I get a polite tell for buffs I'll do a /rt. If the char isn't in range, I ignore the tell and move on. If he or she is in range, I'll buff them.
HawklordXegony

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box
Rogue - Alt/Box

Postby Druegar » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:48 pm

Druegar

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Balkar » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:09 pm

Balkar

Server: cazic

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Druid - Alt/Box

Postby Unmei » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:13 pm

Actually though, your buffs (or at least, the 4 listed above) -aren't- worth as much as the virtue, due to the idiotic design of the buff potions. (Don't even know why the goof was asking for Primal Essence. x.x ) Of course, they're worth well more than the brells, so hey. ;)

Enchanters have been dealing with this crap for years though, so I sympathize, even if I don't actually have any pity. ;)

Anyway, from my perspective, a "donation" is when someone buffs you, and then you give them money (That they didn't ask for and you didn't offer.). A payment is when you offer someone money, and then they buff you.
Unmei

Veteran --

Server: 7th Hammer

Enchanter Main

Postby Vasei » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:25 am

Payment v Donation - I'm in the pet peeve category with this one.

Back when men were barbarians, women had far fewer polygons, and I was a druid - I couldn't make money faster than porting people around. Back then, "for donations" meant I'd fill the group, port, and take whatever people cared to give me after the fact. Otherwise, I was porting for a set amount, and you got your invite after the money changed hands. 90% of the time, the donation method made much better cash, which I guess is why people abuse the term so much.

So another way to look at it is: payment is before the buff, donations are afterward...

Test Server
Primal Brood
Vasei

Shaman Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby Balkar » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:16 am

I realize it's a marketing scheme. People feel better when they call it a donation, I guess. Sorry for the derailing. Every now and again I just have to say something on the misuse of the word.
Balkar

Server: cazic

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Druid - Alt/Box

Return to Heyokah's Lodge