[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Too Late To Return?

Too Late To Return?

General Discussion for the EverQuest Shaman.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

Too Late To Return?

Postby haggerstagger » Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:37 am

haggerstagger

Server: Quellious

Postby Cronikk » Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:01 am

Cronikk

Server: The Magnificent 7th

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Cabe » Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:32 am

Cabe

Server: AB

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Vigdis » Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:18 am

Vigdis

Server: Formerly Vallon Zek, now known as Vigdisdottir on Antonius

Shaman Main

Postby Frakass » Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:00 am

Frakass

Server: Antonius Bayle

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby haggerstagger » Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:18 pm

haggerstagger

Postby Veril » Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:27 pm

Veril

Veteran -

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Cabe » Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:33 pm

Cabe

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Samanna » Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:33 pm

Samanna

Veteran -----

Server: Prexus

Shaman Main

Postby Kilgaroz » Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:34 pm

Kilgaroz

Server: Saryrn

Bard Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby haggerstagger » Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:49 pm

haggerstagger

Postby dindaur » Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:07 pm

Lord Dindaur Stoutbrew
dindaur

Server: the nameless

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Tordail » Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:31 pm

~
Tordail

Veteran -

Server: Luclin

Shaman Main

Postby Cabe » Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:29 pm

Cabe

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Kunzer » Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:39 am

Kunzer

Server: Bristlebane

Postby Kianor » Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:07 am

Kianor

Veteran -

Shaman Main

Postby Unmei » Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:08 am

Unmei

Veteran --

Server: 7th Hammer

Enchanter Main

Postby Kilgaroz » Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:36 pm

/agree Unmei. The maps are a great help, you can pick them up at . One of the first things I'd do were I you, is find somewhere I can solo and start grinding for at least 70. Some of the spells that came out with Omens of War rock, a self-invis that lasts the full duration of the spell, and there are some very useful AAs like a call to corpse that lets you rez someone back into zone. Downside is that they get no experience back, but with the Guild Lobby, that's not such a big deal. Been a long time since I played a 50s character, but I remember my favorite solo spot around that level was in the Plane of Valor on the upper plateau. Golems were good xp back then.
Kilgaroz

Server: Saryrn

Bard Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Boleslav » Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:27 pm

SK and Shammy is a great 2-box duo if you want to box. I would recommend getting the Shammy closer to the SKs level on easier content, then seeing what you can do! Stuff in Blackfeather Roost and/or Goru'Kar Mesa should be around the level that is easy for the SK but still gives good exp for the Shaman. You will need to PL the Shaman a few levels before he can group with the SK, but that shouldn't be too tough. Let the SK take the hits, and make sure the Shaman does as much DPS as possible.

If you enjoyed the game then, you will probably enjoy it now. Many things have been made more convenient since you left as well. Check the bazaar, if you have any cash at all, you can probably score some easy upgrades before you even start! And if not, pick a few reasonably priced items and see if you can raise the cash for them.

The Serpent's Spine expansion had a new starting city and race, and has content for all levels. Gearing up in the zones from that expansion will be doable for you, and yield nice results to prepare you to move ahead.

Since your toons are 50 and 30, my suspicion is that you will be a casual player. The game has been good to casual players since GoD. There is a nice progression of gear attainable for non-raid geared single group type folks. With an SK and Shaman to start with, you are well on your way to setting up a group when you want!

So, come back and play. Find yourself some pickup groups and keep your eye open for friends and later down the road maybe a guild. A couple folks mentioned that they wouldn't bother to come back except for friends. But how many of those friends did you have the first time you started? If you put time into it, and are enjoying yourself, you will find friends along the way.

Good luck to you!

Boleslav Forgehammer
Boleslav Forgehamer
Paladin of Sacred Destiny
Boleslav

Server: Tunare (E'ci)

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby haggerstagger » Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:55 pm

Alrighty. So I've ordered a few copies of the anniversary pack, and I might have access to a third account, so any ideas for a good trio? My idea of a perfect four would be SK, Shammy, Cleric, Mage, but I dunno what I would do for only three. Anyhow, yes I was casual when I left, but now that I have more time (3-5 hours a day), I would love to try raiding, although I have no idea where to start (although I think getting to 75 -that is the lvl cap nowadays right?- would be a step in the right direction).

Couple questions though:
Since TSS brings new zones for all levels, is it better lvl off the old world mobs or should I hit up TSS (I'm guessing that's where Blackfeather Roost and Goru'Kar Mesa are) Actually, I think my shammy is parked in Unrest right now :P

Also, I saw something about lvl 25 and 45 quests for gear? Would those be doable?

Yeah, the maps, LFG tool, guild lobby, and Bazaar were around when I left :D

ps. What would you guys say is the most populated server out there? Even better, what server has a good population of low/mid-range lvls?

Thanks for all the replies

/cheers
haggerstagger

Postby Unmei » Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:01 pm

Unmei

Veteran --

Server: 7th Hammer

Enchanter Main

Postby haggerstagger » Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:13 pm

haggerstagger