[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - SoF BP's

SoF BP's

General Discussion for the EverQuest Shaman.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

Re: SoF BP's

Postby Unmei » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:55 am

I'm with Brohg and Waring. The devs always have extremely limited time. If you tell them your clicky is "broken" they're going to waste some of that time trying to figure out why it doesn't heal you when you click it. And then they'll stop listening to you.

It is -imperative- to be clear and accurate when communicating your issues. And no, that doesn't mean they will be fixed, but saying "Yeah? Well I was clear about X and they never fixed it!" like it some sort of excuse isn't going to fly either.

Being unclear=things not being fixed.
Being clear=things might get fixed.

It's your choice on which option you prefer.
Unmei

Veteran --

Server: 7th Hammer

Enchanter Main

Postby Funi » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:56 am

Wow, an entire thread over the correct usage of the word wrong. I guess I'm gonna derail this thing for a bit and just say that I think the Shaman BP clicky is over powered. I have the T4 raid BP and if I remember (don't feel like looking it up) is a 600 hit point direct group heal and a 200 hit point group HoT for 2 tics. It have a 1 second cast and a 10 minute recast.

You know what I think would be cool for a clicky? A % increase to heals kinda like Paladin epic click only it would work on anyone I healed :). But it would have to stack with CoL !!! OK what ever....
Funi

Shaman Main

Postby Funi » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:57 am

Wrong = Bad...hey, where is the edit button?
Funi

Shaman Main

Postby Funi » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:57 am

Did I say bad...I think I meant broken. What are ya'll arguing over again?
Funi

Shaman Main

Postby Vasei » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:48 pm

I'll take incoherency in a civil tone over the previous page's contents anyday.

That effect seems pretty anemic compared to the 2.0 click, but if I remember correctly, they've already admitted that some of those epics are a bit stronger than they'd like em to have been, looking back. I wonder - are people mostly disappointed with the effect compared to epic, compared to previous BPs (I think at least one person mentioned this), or compared to other class SoF BPs?

Test Server
Primal Brood
Vasei

Shaman Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:45 pm

Hm, how about the BP click's pretty disappointing compared to 2.0, or 1.5, or vish ring, or tacvi spear, or vendored Distillates of Divine Healing V (that's the level 30 version)(Distillate of Celestial Healing? I don't use them, but I checked the numbers. IV blows Favor of Tjudawos away, that's the lv20), or rk1 vendored sof spells, or Ancestral Aid, or raid OR group PoR bps, or even the procs from an attunable Dragonscale Hills weapon. Overall, it's just pretty disappointing. Consider that the effect would be considered good (not supergreat stellar A-1, just "good". maybe "very good"), with one thirtieth the cooldown timer. Over the cast cycle of this effect as is, from when you use it to when you use it next, a fighting character will be healed for more by a 20hp lifetap augment on their weapon. The only aug with a tap that small is the lowest DoN crystal-bought level 43 augment.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Previous

Return to Heyokah's Lodge